PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning

jack grebe
05-15-2016, 06:03 AM
I'm off to a flea market today, whatcha doing?

Paul Pless
05-15-2016, 06:08 AM
I just landed in Atlanta. Too effing early.

skuthorp
05-15-2016, 06:14 AM
Good luck with the fleas, maybe you could start a circus.
http://automatomania.co.uk/circus/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dscf3736.jpg

http://automatomania.co.uk/circus/

The Bigfella
05-15-2016, 06:16 AM
Settling in to watch the Grand Prix in 45 minutes time... at 10pm

slug
05-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Sailing...close reach, smooth seas, gentle sun

http://s32.postimg.org/pj54yx2et/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/mp1zlh08h/full/)
free photo hosting (http://postimage.org/)

Paul Pless
05-15-2016, 06:25 AM
Nice, two wheels and plenty of wenches close at hand.

skuthorp
05-15-2016, 06:26 AM
Listening to Mendelssohn, Fanny Mendelssohn.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Fannymendelssohn-improved.jpg/220px-Fannymendelssohn-improved.jpg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fannymendelssohn-improved.jpg)

Fanny Mendelssohn

She composed over 460 pieces of music. Her compositions include a piano trio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_trio) and several books of solo piano pieces and songs. A number of her songs were originally published under Felix's name in his opus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_number) 8 and 9 collections. Her piano works are often in the manner of songs, and many carry the name Lied ohne Worte (Song without Words). She also wrote, amongst other works for the piano, a cycle of pieces depicting the months of the year, Das Jahr ("The Year").[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Mendelssohn#cite_note-grovemusic.com-1) The music was written on coloured sheets of paper, and illustrated by her husband Wilhelm Hensel. Each piece was also accompanied by a short poem.

skuthorp
05-15-2016, 06:32 AM
This is what I like about this place, I'm listening to some music, Ian's watching cars circulate, slug's sailing in the sun, it's too early for Paul. And we all just accept it as if it's not the most extraordinary achievement on man's ingenuity.
We are a fortunate generation.
As a child I had a pen friend in Canada who I never expected to see, now we'd just skype and probably fly over for a visit without thinking of it.

The Bigfella
05-15-2016, 06:36 AM
Gawd... there's a memory. Pen friend... she was Cape Cod IIRC... Massasomething. That's a long time ago.

skuthorp
05-15-2016, 06:39 AM
I don't remember mine's name, but she said they flooded the tennis court in winter for a skating rink.

Rich Jones
05-15-2016, 06:52 AM
Headed off to church this morning. Fishing from a canoe this afternoon.

Upshur
05-15-2016, 06:53 AM
here. its snowing

Paul Pless
05-15-2016, 06:57 AM
here. its snowing

Oh ****

CWSmith
05-15-2016, 07:04 AM
...breakfast, then a few hours at work, a few hours with the basement fish tanks, and whatever my wife wants done.

It should be a good day.

Paul Pless
05-15-2016, 07:10 AM
Basement fish tanks? Do tell, what kind of fish?

Dumah
05-15-2016, 07:29 AM
I suppose that's one way to handle a basement flood. :D

Dumah

McMike
05-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Working on wireing my new bathroom fan and shower light. Hopefully finally have power in my new bathroom by the end of the day.

Jim Mahan
05-15-2016, 07:43 AM
...breakfast, then a few hours at work, a few hours with the basement fish tanks, and whatever my wife wants done.

It should be a good day.

What if your wife wants a few hours with the basement fish tanks? You could be done early.

Gerarddm
05-15-2016, 08:35 AM
And an early good morning to you all too. Was up just at 5AM, been lounging in bed musing through the interwebs on my iPad. I suppose I will eventually get up, alas. Sunday is chores day - tidy up the house and shop, do laundry. Later I will work on the boat, then tonight Game of Thrones, Veep, and John Oliver.

Norman Bernstein
05-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Well, I'm contemplating finishing the deck cleaning task at the boat. The winter drops a lot of gunge all over the deck, and it must be scrubbed, by hand, with SoftScrub, which is what I did all day yesterday, but didn't quite finish.

However, yesterday, it was warm... today, it's chilly, but Ill wait around and see if it warms up enough to resume.

And if it gets warm enough, I'll clean the teak :)

jack grebe
05-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Ok, back from the flea market.....no treasures today.

Donna did say this morning she wanted to ride to her
sisters house, bout 2 hrs away......time to break out the bikes.

Forget work,

Sunday's are Fundays

CWSmith
05-15-2016, 09:52 AM
Basement fish tanks? Do tell, what kind of fish?

I got out of the Mbuna species - too brutal, too many deaths. Those fish are nuts! Vegetarians evolved to defend their little patch of algae. I do keep some Malawi species - Peacocks, mostly, because they are much better behaved. I do have venustus, but they behave well so long as the other fish are too big to eat. The venustus have not bred for me, yet, but I'm hoping.

I really like Tanganyikans - Julidochromis, Neolamps, Tropheus and a few others. I have a 40g with a colony of N. multifasciatus that is a lot of fun! And I'm raising up some leleupi. It's been 8 years since I had them and they're always great to watch.

I've been getting back into the fish I kept as a kid with barbs, mollies and swordtails. Yesterday I went down to the Boston area and got some orange mollies, black sailfin mollies, black ruby barbs and red wag swords. Getting them all settled is taking some time.

I'm also fascinated with rainbows. I think I have 9 species with about a third of them big enough to spawn. Raising the fry is a challenge.

What if your wife wants a few hours with the basement fish tanks? You could be done early.

She wants me to take care of them. If I let them go for any reason, I get an ear full. I can't say she's wrong. But that's not what she'll have on her list. She'll want me to go to the food store. She's not feeling well and can't easily go herself. We don't know why, but she is vomiting constantly (20 times per day?) and has been for about 3 months steady. The Drs. are running tests, but so far it's all negative. She's a real trooper, but she's exhausted all the time from it. So, I'll go to the store, do some lawn work, fix a few shutters that need attention, basically do whatever helps her to not stress.

StevenBauer
05-15-2016, 10:17 AM
I'll go for a ride today, too, but mostly recovering from yesterday's graduation festivities. Two down, one to go.
I've never heard of a pen friend. In the US it was pen pal. Sort of before my time. ;)

Steven

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
05-15-2016, 11:08 AM
If it warms up, I'm goin fishin.
If not, I think there's a game on TV.

ron ll
05-15-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm bored to death so I'm reading about you guys. :)

Actually I'm putting off going down to the boat to start pulling four 118 lb. batteries out of a deep hole under the v berth.

Durnik
05-15-2016, 11:52 AM
^^ when facing pulling 480#'s, boredom has its merits!

picked peas, weeded, transplanted mints.. some other stuff, but 'zactly what slips my mind. Just finished lunch (which included the fresh peas ;-)) & now -

Forget work,

Sunday's are Fundays

eh, parts just came in for equipment that would be best running tomorrow morn, so -

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to [censored word] I go!

bobby

skuthorp
05-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Good morning, had my coffee, I can allow myself to think now…………………….

About 15 women here today, weather is fine, I may go sailing if there's some wind. I think.

jack grebe
05-16-2016, 05:51 AM
Going to wire up an outlet for the motor home today, and run a new wire out to the well.

Anyone know how to size a bladder tank?
I saw several sizes but don't know which to get.

Rich Jones
05-16-2016, 06:05 AM
Taking a five hour drive to help my 92 year old mother unpack 92 year's worth of possessions into the independent living facility she's moving into. Should be there most of the week.

skuthorp
05-16-2016, 06:54 AM
Good luck Rich, it's a very sad assignment in many ways. The acknowledgement that a life that started 92 years ago, and resulted in you, is nearing it's end. And particularly so as it the end of her independent living in a space she controls. Be gentle, it's a bigger step for her than saying yes to your dad.

pipefitter
05-16-2016, 09:33 AM
Going to wire up an outlet for the motor home today, and run a new wire out to the well.

Anyone know how to size a bladder tank?
I saw several sizes but don't know which to get.

Bladder tanks don't store capacity, they do the work of traditional tanks and just store the draw down and fill amounts mostly. With that said, the most common working rate is based on a 42 gal tank. For most standard well pumps that are anywhere from 1/2-1hp, Something like Wellxtrol's WX-202 would do the work of a traditional 42 gal tank.

Be sure that the pressure switch is set to cut in at 2psi higher than the air pressure in the tank so that it doesn't pressure surge, or chatter the contact points of the switch. In other words, if your switch is set to cut in at 20psi, the air in the tank should be 18psi. I don't always trust the cheap pressure gauges on most well pumps for accurate pressure so a new one of those should be installed as well. The needle of the pressure gauge should at least move smoothly between cut in and cut out. If it drops suddenly when the pump cuts on, the air pressure is overcoming the cut in pressure of the pump. I find it easier just to fine tune the switch adjustment after the fact.

If I remember right, most of these bladder tanks will come with 30 psi pre-charge from the factory so you may have to let some out if your switch is set to 20/40.

jack grebe
05-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Bladder tanks don't store capacity, they do the work of traditional tanks and just store the draw down and fill amounts mostly. With that said, the most common working rate is based on a 42 gal tank. For most standard well pumps that are anywhere from 1/2-1hp, Something like Wellxtrol's WX-202 would do the work of a traditional 42 gal tank.

Be sure that the pressure switch is set to cut in at 2psi higher than the air pressure in the tank so that it doesn't pressure surge, or chatter the contact points of the switch. In other words, if your switch is set to cut in at 20psi, the air in the tank should be 18psi. I don't always trust the cheap pressure gauges on most well pumps for accurate pressure so a new one of those should be installed as well. The needle of the pressure gauge should at least move smoothly between cut in and cut out. If it drops suddenly when the pump cuts on, the air pressure is overcoming the cut in pressure of the pump. I find it easier just to fine tune the switch adjustment after the fact.

If I remember right, most of these bladder tanks will come with 30 psi pre-charge from the factory so you may have to let some out if your switch is set to 20/40.

From what I am seeing, 1 hp is good for 200 ft. My well is almost 300 ft so I am thinking the pump is going to be 1 1/2 - 2 hp. Will the 42 gal still be enough? The well will also be used for minor irrigation also.

P.S. Motor home is energized and wire to pump is temporarily run. I got water, first time the pump has been used in over 4 yrs