PDA

View Full Version : Who am I to say our society has misplaced values?

Paul Pless
05-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Just a couple of years ago my home state of Michigan had more than 15,000 untested DNA rape kits. More than 10,000 of these from Detroit were simply boxed up and placed in a storage unit more than a decade ago due to lack of funding to evaluate the kits. There is still today a backlog of more than 2000 of these kits that remain to be tested.

Fast forward to the present. There is a community in Grand Rapids that is getting serious about dog ****. They are requiring residents with dogs to register their pet's DNA so that owners that neglect to pick up behind their dogs can be identified by DNA analysis of the dog ****.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/04/07/michigan-apartment-complex-dna-dog-feces/82751420/

oznabrag
05-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Wow.

Sky Blue
05-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Misplaced values? Priorities? There are suits by and against the federal government and the State of North Carolina over bathrooms (for crissakes).

Yet people wonder why Trump has support.

The Bigfella
05-10-2016, 09:13 AM

Norman Bernstein
05-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Just a couple of years ago my home state of Michigan had more than 15,000 untested DNA rape kits. More than 10,000 of these from Detroit were simply boxed up and placed in a storage unit more than a decade ago due to lack of funding to evaluate the kits. There is still today a backlog of more than 2000 of these kits that remain to be tested.

Fast forward to the present. There is a community in Grand Rapids that is getting serious about dog ****. They are requiring residents with dogs to register their pet's DNA so that owners that neglect to pick up behind their dogs can be identified by DNA analysis of the dog ****.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/04/07/michigan-apartment-complex-dna-dog-feces/82751420/

Sadly, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Consider the states that are legislating against transgendered people who need to take a leak or a crap... because of the 'apparent explosion' of transgendered rapists?

Or how about 30 some odd states legislating photo ID, to prevent 'voter identity fraud'... that apparently doesn't exist?

Hot button social issues can be manipulated to create a frenzy of indignance, regardless of whether the issues have merit or not... this is the Republican playbook.

Keith Wilson
05-10-2016, 09:25 AM
There are suits by and against the federal government and the State of North Carolina over bathrooms (for crissakes). You know better. The NC law is only peripherally about bathrooms. It explicitly legalizes discrimination in employment and 'public accommodation' (everything open to the public) on the basis of sexual orientation, repeals local laws prohibiting such discrimination, and even repeals local laws raising the minimum wage. If the law is upheld, it will be legal for the owner of a restaurant or hotel to say put up signs saying 'Heterosexuals Only'. It will be legal for an employer to fire someone solely for being gay. This is about as far from a frivolous lawsuit as one can get. The NC statute is a particularly loathsome example of reactionary religiously-based hatred written into law, and any decent person with a minimal respect for human rights would want it overturned.

Sorry, Paul; this is well past thread drift into hijacking, but I couldn't let SB's post go unchallenged.

George Jung
05-10-2016, 09:27 AM
I just finished the current season of 'House of Cards'..... I do believe their writers simply take what's in the news, and run with it.

John of Phoenix
05-10-2016, 09:28 AM
"You know better."

Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence.

Keith Wilson
05-10-2016, 09:33 AM
"You know better." Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence.:d I ought to have said, 'You should know better'.

jack grebe
05-10-2016, 09:34 AM
It's ok, the untested rape kits belong to republicans, while the dogshyte tests belong to the liberoids.

Paul Pless
05-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Sorry, Paul; this is well past thread drift into hijacking, but I couldn't let SB's post go unchallenged.

You can make it up to by posting that reasonable critique of Mrs. Clinton sometime. . .

Paul Pless
05-10-2016, 09:36 AM
It's ok, the untested rape kits belong to republicans, while the dogshyte tests belong to the liberoids.

That seems unlikely.

Sky Blue
05-10-2016, 09:38 AM
You know better. The NC law is only peripherally about bathrooms. It explicitly legalizes discrimination in employment and 'public accommodation' (everything open to the public) on the basis of sexual orientation, repeals local laws prohibiting such discrimination, and even repeals local laws raising the minimum wage. If the law is upheld, it will be legal for the owner of a restaurant or hotel to say put up signs saying 'Heterosexuals Only'. It will be legal for an employer to fire someone solely for being gay. This is about as far from a frivolous lawsuit as one can get. The NC statute is a particularly loathsome example of reactionary religiously-based hatred written into law, and any decent person with a minimal respect for human rights would want it overturned.

Put the Superman cape away and stop virtue signaling, Keith. If you believe something needed to be challenged, you're reading it all in.

George Jung
05-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Looks like a 'few' should 'know better', Keith!

oznabrag
05-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Put the Superman cape away and stop virtue signaling, Keith. If you believe something needed to be challenged, you're reading it all in.

It seems to be getting worse.

Canoeyawl
05-10-2016, 11:46 AM
What about Tiger poop, are they testing that?

Old Dryfoot
05-10-2016, 07:46 PM

Sort of makes you want to leave a deuce on someone's front step don't it?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
05-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Tempts you to import out of state poo.....

wizbang 13
05-11-2016, 02:22 AM
There is DNA in poo?

Daniel Noyes
05-11-2016, 06:02 AM
Sadly, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Consider the states that are legislating against transgendered people who need to take a leak or a crap... because of the 'apparent explosion' of transgendered rapists?

Or how about 30 some odd states legislating photo ID, to prevent 'voter identity fraud'... that apparently doesn't exist?

Hot button social issues can be manipulated to create a frenzy of indignance, regardless of whether the issues have merit or not... this is the Republican playbook.

how does one respond to such silliness...

next thread.

Dan McCosh
05-11-2016, 07:55 AM
There is DNA in poo? You can nail down the brand of dog food, if you are really good.

Garret
05-11-2016, 08:13 AM
What about Tiger poop, are they testing that?

Just Calvin's.

SMARTINSEN
05-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Canoeyawl FTW