PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Australia will become the Herpes capital of the World?

genglandoh
05-05-2016, 10:06 AM
It seems that Australia has had it with all these European Illegal Immigrants and will be infecting them with herpes.

Title: Carpageddon: Australia plans to kill carp with herpes
The Australian politician who declared war on Johnny Depp's dogs has a new enemy - the European carp.
Barnaby Joyce, the deputy prime minister, said the only way to get rid of the "bottom-dwelling, mudsucking" fish was to unleash herpes on it.
Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36189409

On a serious note, introducing herpes into the food chain is not a good idea.
What do you think?
Is introducing herpes into the food chain a good idea?

The Bigfella
05-05-2016, 03:57 PM
If it isn't, the gubbie scientists doing it will take their lifetime pension and retire quietly.

S.V. Airlie
05-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Is Trump going to Australia?

The Bigfella
05-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Is Trump going to Australia?

That's not very nice.

S.V. Airlie
05-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Hey, his affairs are his Viet Nam connect the dots. Boasts that he never had a sexually transmitted disease and admits he was lucky!

Paul Pless
05-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Do you think Australia will become the Herpes capital of the World? perhaps its inevitable, afterall. . .
Australia ia a moral vacuum

skuthorp
05-05-2016, 04:13 PM
If it isn't, the gubbie scientists doing it will take their lifetime pension and retire quietly.
Presuming that it's scientists that have made the decision of course, with Barney you never know. Rabbits, cane toads, various ants and plenty of plants and the carp themselves have been introduced without any reference to science. And that's not all.

The Bigfella
05-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Presuming that it's scientists that have made the decision of course, with Barney you never know. Rabbits, cane toads, various ants and plenty of plants and the carp themselves have been introduced without any reference to science. And that's not all.

I did a job in a related area a while back - looking to fund new research. Quite interesting stuff... needs a lot of research before releasing new stuff to control various other thingies.

Chip-skiff
05-05-2016, 04:39 PM
On a serious note, introducing herpes into the food chain is not a good idea.
What do you think?
Is introducing herpes into the food chain a good idea?

Whose food chain?

Certainly not mine.

You have some odd notions about biology.

KMacDonald
05-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Yes.

L.W. Baxter
05-05-2016, 07:12 PM
What do you mean, "become"?

Ba-dump-bump.

WX
05-05-2016, 07:56 PM
That's not very nice.
Trump is not a nice person.

AussieBarney
05-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Jeff, Don't bring my name into it, I was not there

It wasn't me

I was in the next village, in bed with another man's wife

I tell ya, I'm innocent

I'm being framed!!!!

Duncan Gibbs
05-07-2016, 07:54 PM
perhaps its inevitable, afterall. . .
Once all the carp have been killed off we can suck them all up with our moral vaccum! How neat is that!