Brexit would be bad for Britain and Europe, Trump is a liar, Daesh can be beaten.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peerie Maa
    Old Grey Inquisitive One
    • Oct 2008

Brexit would be bad for Britain and Europe, Trump is a liar, Daesh can be beaten.

It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Re: Brexit would be bad for Britain and Europe, Trump is a liar, Daesh can be beaten.

I'm taking bets on the relative contemporary states of intellectual liberty between Walney and the Northern California Mountains. . .

or, what is the likelihood that Nick censors this thread???
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Peerie Maa
      Old Grey Inquisitive One
      • Oct 2008

Re: Brexit would be bad for Britain and Europe, Trump is a liar, Daesh can be beaten.

Where's Northern California?

Comment

• hokiefan
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Peerie Maa
        Where's Northern California?
        It's where Sky Blue lives.

Comment

• Peerie Maa
          Old Grey Inquisitive One
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by hokiefan
          It's where Sky Blue lives.
          I know that you can do better than that.

Comment

• Sky Blue
            Banned
            • Feb 2014

You know, it is funny. Stalkers and haters can't really do the discussion here for having blown their wad elsewhere, and what's worse (for them), they had no idea of the content of the video, which Nick has helpfully suggested with his thread title here.

Why would Nick censor the thread? The OP reasonably comports with his world view.

Blokes have been caught out, badly.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
              Ancient Mariner
              • Dec 2006

The Op, the discussion he puts out is so overboard, reasonable discussion is unnecessary! It's about as biased as it could get. You soak it up if you want, I won't lower myself to listen to it for too much time. He isn't worth it. But, as I said, put it next to your bible or whatever and believe!

Comment

• BrianW
                not your average member
                • Nov 2002

I'm a bit confused Nick. Do you agree with him, disagree with him, maybe only agree on a few points?
                “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• Peerie Maa
                  Old Grey Inquisitive One
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BrianW
                  I'm a bit confused Nick. Do you agree with him, disagree with him, maybe only agree on a few points?
                  Generally I do agree, but find him a tad pessimistic. History shows that terrorism runs out of steam in about a generation (30 years) where there is a will to bring it to an end. So it may be a long haul, but Syria and daesh will eventually be sorted. Similarly the refugees problem requires time and money to build the infrastructure and create jobs, but with a will and some brains can be done in a few years.

Comment

• Gerarddm
                    #RESIST
                    • Feb 2010

The French generate philosophers like we generate car mechanics.

That said, I think he is fairly naïve when he says that Daesh can be killed by going to the head. Daesh is merely manifestation of an idea, and an expression of victimhood run amok. I think the 'defeat' of Daesh as an organization cannot happen purely militarily ( although clearly that is a fundamental component ), it will also be economic and most important, cultural... and THAT is a long confrontation. Like in decades, not just years.

As for Brexit, I would subscribe to the idea that it is not a good idea for all concerned.
                    Gerard>
                    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• BrianW
                      not your average member
                      • Nov 2002

Thank you.

I read a couple articles about him after Sky Blue started his thread, and he's been busy. On the good side of many issues, with a couple controversial ones to keep it interesting.

Is Europe dying? Nope, but that sells papers, so a bit of hyperbole in an otherwise interesting interview.
                      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                        Ancient Mariner
                        • Dec 2006

Pretty much Gerard, it's an idea. Hard to snuff an idea!

Comment

• slug
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BrianW
                          Thank you.

I read a couple articles about him after Sky Blue started his thread, and he's been busy. On the good side of many issues, with a couple controversial ones to keep it interesting.

Is Europe dying? Nope, but that sells papers, so a bit of hyperbole in an otherwise interesting interview.

Schengan is dying .....demographics and competitiveness are crushing the social welfare systems, europe is becoming islamified, brexit is an option....many challnges that will be very difficult to overcome

Comment

Working...