PDA

View Full Version : Here's some "Godwin's Law" for you

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 08:06 PM
You libs are playing right into the christian terrorist's hands:

… on his radio show, former KKK leader David Duke reiterated his praise for Donald Trump, saying that critics’ attempts to compare the GOP presidential frontrunner to Adolf Hitler will backfire and end up “rehabilitating that fellow with the mustache back there in Germany.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/david-duke-donald-trump-comparisons-may-rehabilitate-adolf-hitlers-image#sthash.juw9c8Gd.dpuf

CWSmith
03-22-2016, 09:07 PM
^ I wish you would not refer to the KKK as "Christian", especially since I am Catholic and they certainly don't care much for me.

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 09:11 PM
I am also a baptized and confirmed Roman Catholic. And the KKK hates me too.

But they undoubtedly claim to be christian (small "c"). They simply hate Papists, Jews, darkies, and foreigners.

CWSmith
03-22-2016, 09:13 PM
I am also a baptized and confirmed Roman Catholic. And the KKK hates me too.

But they undoubtedly claim to be christian (small "c"). They simply hate Papists, Jews, darkies, and foreigners.

They can claim to be a pickle, but that doesn't make it so.

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Well... lah dee dah. You are arguing theology which is beyond the ken of the great unwashed.

The fact is the KKK long ago appropriated the cross as their emblem. And yahoos across the nation love that. And will hang you in the name of sweet Jesus.

Nicholas Carey
03-22-2016, 09:34 PM
^ I wish you would not refer to the KKK as "Christian", especially since I am Catholic and they certainly don't care much for me.

As a baptized (but lapsed) R.C., neither the KKK nor the Nazis had room for you in their tent.

It is muy importantè to differentiate between lower-case christians and capital-C "Christians" (or is it capital-K "Khristians").

Two very different theologies there.

Ian McColgin
03-22-2016, 09:43 PM
The Roman Catholic Church is not the only christian sect. Just as there are various non-catholics that most Romans find repulsive - and not just murderous racists but snake handlers, most charismatics, et cetera, so also there are many Roman Catholic the profoundly spiritual Protestants would never call truly 'christian'. '

All the great religions have sects that the others quite rightly find embarrassing to say the least.

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
And which of the christian sects does the KKK embrace and which do they revile?

This is all apart, of course, from their hatred of immigrants, darkies, and Jews.

I think they qualify as christian terrorists.

bobbys
03-22-2016, 10:03 PM
Obama has stated he is a Christian..

So going by lib " logic" here he must be in the KKK .

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 10:08 PM

So going by lib " logic" here he must be in the KKK .That is not "lib logic."

That is "bobbys' psychosis."

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 10:11 PM
It goes well beyond "gobbledygook" I think.

Ian McColgin
03-22-2016, 10:18 PM
bobbys clearly has no respect - none for himself and none for any members of this Forum.

SMARTINSEN
03-22-2016, 10:20 PM
The Roman Catholic Church is not the only christian sect. Just as there are various non-catholics that most Romans find repulsive - and not just murderous racists but snake handlers, most charismatics, et cetera, so also there are many Roman Catholic the profoundly spiritual Protestants would never call truly 'christian'. '

All the great religions have sects that the others quite rightly find embarrassing to say the least.

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
"Why shouldn't I?" he asked
"Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?"
"Are you religious?"
He said: "Yes."
I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian.
"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant.
"Protestant."
"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist."
"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915
I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

bobbys
03-22-2016, 10:26 PM
bobbys clearly has no respect - none for himself and none for any members of this Forum.

Ok ,what are Yer approved Christian sects?

Tom Montgomery
03-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Ok ,what are Yer approved Christian sects?Oh dry up!

Care to address the original post?

Nicholas Carey
03-22-2016, 10:39 PM
I have no problem with christian sects. I have problems with those sects tha trumpet their "Christianity". J.C. Was a pretty modest guy. Unlike the evangelicals who are loud and proud.... And seemingly have never actually read the New Testament (outside of, perhaps, some of Paul's more misogynistic and vituperative bits.)

And if you draw your theology primarily from the Old Testament...you're not really a christian.

Jim Bow
03-22-2016, 11:30 PM
http://cdn.breathecast.com/data/images/full/22566/jimmy-swaggart.jpg

skuthorp
03-22-2016, 11:54 PM
"christian" A grabb bag of convenient fictions and self serving ideologies mostly.

There are very few who come close to even attempting the philosophies and intents of the man himself, and I include the founders of the sect like Peter and Paul.
And just in case someone asks I don't think it matters a jot whether a 'god' exists or not. What's important is how people behave in contrast to the beliefs they espouse. Mostly not well.

Gerarddm
03-23-2016, 12:04 AM
#19: I was channel surfing the other day and had the unfortunate experience of seeing that Swaggart was still purveying snake oil on TV. Amazing. Well, to me at any rate.

I like his cousin Jerry Lee Lewis, though.

bobbys
03-23-2016, 12:37 AM
http://cdn.breathecast.com/data/images/full/22566/jimmy-swaggart.jpg.

president Obama stated he is a Christian.. Is he the same as JS being as you seem to imply all Christians are JS..

skuthorp
03-23-2016, 05:56 AM

president Obama stated he is a Christian.. Is he the same as JS being as you seem to imply all Christians are JS..
"christian" A grabb bag of convenient fictions and self serving ideologies mostly.

Canoeyawl
03-23-2016, 08:58 AM
God with us in English, was a battle cry of the late Roman Empire and of the Eastern Roman Empire.
Gott Mitt Uns ... During the Second World War Wehrmacht soldiers wore this slogan on their belt buckles.
link (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_mit_uns)
The author of the Gospel According to Matthew of the Christian Bible, in Matthew 1:23, refers to the prophecy written in Isaiah 7:14 that a child will be born to a young woman and will be given the name Immanuel (or Emmanuel) - which means God [is] With Us.

CWSmith
03-23-2016, 09:30 AM
J.C. Was a pretty modest guy.

Actually, he was Jewish.

There are very few who come close to even attempting the philosophies and intents of the man himself, ...

Jimmy Carter?

The fact that so many call themselves Christian and then behave in a profoundly unChristian manner is precisely why I asked that the KKK not be described as a christian organization.

The legitimacy of the philosophy (and theology) does not rest with the number of people who follow it correctly. It rests with the self-consistent truths that it teaches. And, yes, the history is flawed and the current practices are those of fallible men, but at its core Christianity does not support racism or murder. The KKK is not a Christian organization no matter how many times they proclaim themselves to be one.

bobbys
03-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Actually, he was Jewish.

Jimmy Carter?

The fact that so many call themselves Christian and then behave in a profoundly unChristian manner is precisely why I asked that the KKK not be described as a christian organization.

The legitimacy of the philosophy (and theology) does not rest with the number of people who follow it correctly. It rests with the self-consistent truths that it teaches. And, yes, the history is flawed and the current practices are those of fallible men, but at its core Christianity does not support racism or murder. The KKK is not a Christian organization no matter how many times they proclaim themselves to be one..

One can look at certain individuals but one should consider some are beginning to be good Christians, some are and some are failing at it..

TomF
03-23-2016, 11:05 AM

One can look at certain individuals but one should consider some are beginning to be good Christians, some are and some are failing at it..Sure. And some just like to wear Christian camo.

CWSmith
03-23-2016, 11:47 AM
One can look at certain individuals but one should consider some are beginning to be good Christians, some are and some are failing at it..

Right!

Sure. And some just like to wear Christian camo.

And right!

People! We say on a daily basis that ISIS and others like them are taking Islam away from the faithful and redefining it. The KKK does the same for Christianity. I oppose both.

johnw
03-23-2016, 01:42 PM

So going by lib " logic" here he must be in the KKK .

Following the same logic:

Whales are mammals.
Mammals are hairy.
Shave the whales!

Peerie Maa
03-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Following the same logic:

Whales are mammals.
Mammals are hairy.
Shave the whales!

I have a better one.
Squirrels climb on roofs
bobbys climbs on roofs

bobbys is a squirrel.

robm
03-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Is he trying to say Trump is so awful, he makes Hitler look good? I thought the supported the guy?

I think that statement backfired, if it can be taken this way..

johnw
03-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Is he trying to say Trump is so awful, he makes Hitler look good? I thought the supported the guy?

I think that statement backfired, if it can be taken this way..

I think he supports both guys.

johnw
03-23-2016, 07:54 PM
I have a better one.
Squirrels climb on roofs
bobbys climbs on roofs

bobbys is a squirrel.

:).

Durnik
03-23-2016, 08:29 PM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Peerie Maa http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=4840119#post4840119)

I have a better one.
Squirrels climb on roofs
bobbys climbs on roofs

bobbys is a squirrel.

Ok, I was taking a slug of milk as I rolled this up on the screen. You'll be happy to know that my reactions are good - the screen & keyboard are safe.. My ears, however..

bobby

Canoeyawl
03-24-2016, 12:24 PM
A Squirrel climbing on a wet roof in the rain? Nuts...

Well, maybe a flying squirrel!