PDA

View Full Version : The Designs/Plans section of the Forum seems quiet these days

Rigadog
03-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like there's not much going on as far as postings go in the Designs/Plans section of the WBF? Pretty quiet these days.... Is my perception wrong? If not, is it because everyone is down here in the Bilge hashing out political differences of opinions?

There must still be those among us who are still dreaming about boats, torturing ourselves over design choices and ultimately thinking about building a boat.

Question: how many here are thinking about, or actually building a boat in the next couple of years?

David G
03-06-2016, 09:48 AM
I already own 6 boats. So most of my personal energy goes into using and maintaining them... not shopping for a new design.

But I do have clients asking about the best design for their situation. Having done this a while, I have a library of existing resources to help with the selection. But I would use that section if I was a bit stumped. And I do enjoy reading about designs I was previously unfamiliar with. Seems like we've also had people get confused and come to the Bilge with questions about design.

I think you should get busy and design something new for us! <G> Or start a discussion on the merits of designs found in WB magazine. This issue, for instance, has "Autumn Leaves" & "Serena" - both of which merit further discussion.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
03-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Epoxy doesn't flow well in the cold weather... wait till spring ;)

Paul Pless
03-06-2016, 10:19 AM
epoxy is crap

WszystekPoTrochu
03-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Epoxy doesn't flow well in the cold weather... wait till spring ;)

One would think winter is best time for daydreaming and careful, thought out designing / picking a design to buy

David G
03-06-2016, 10:31 AM
epoxy is crap

Cold weather is crap!

purri
03-06-2016, 06:20 PM
They don't call it e-Poxy for nothing.

Nicholas Scheuer
03-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Wouldn't this question be better addressed one flight up in Miscl, Boat Related? After all, this is the Bilge, famous for never addressing anything very substantial, avoided like the plague by many WBF regulars.

David G
03-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't this question be better addressed one flight up in Miscl, Boat Related? After all, this is the Bilge, famous for never addressing very substantial, avoided like the plague by many WBF regulars.

Yes... more BoatContent Creep. Seeping into our bastion of NonBoat purity.

Damn that Pless!!! And the admin. he rode in on!! <G>

Peerie Maa
03-06-2016, 06:50 PM
I think you should get busy and design something new for us! <G> Or start a discussion on the merits of designs found in WB magazine. This issue, for instance, has "Autumn Leaves" & "Serena" - both of which merit further discussion.

I think that there was an Autumn Leaves thread.

Rigadog
03-07-2016, 10:38 AM
No boat talk in the Bilge? Fast and hard rule? What about Pron?

Rum_Pirate
03-07-2016, 10:40 AM
I already own 6 boats.

You therefore have six opportunities to post some boat prøn. |;) Y>

David G
03-07-2016, 10:47 AM
I think that there was an Autumn Leaves thread.

Yes, and good for them what started it.

No boat talk in the Bilge? Fast and hard rule? What about Pron?

That is simply my own stated desire. There are a few that seem to agree, but mostly we seem to be in the minority. And, most importantly, even Scot is - ever-so-misguidedly - down with the infiltration.

mmd
03-07-2016, 06:28 PM
As I have been pointedly told by various BilgeRats, anything non-prurient and non-personal-attack is fodder for the Bilge, so boats are OK here, too!

PeterSibley
03-07-2016, 06:32 PM
I posted this last week http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?203880-Here-s-a-little-cutter-I-like and it's turned into a good thread, helpful for me at least.

David G
03-07-2016, 06:59 PM
As I have been pointedly told by various BilgeRats, anything non-prurient and non-personal-attack is fodder for the Bilge, so boats are OK here, too!

Pervert! <G>