PDA

View Full Version : Cruz and Flint water!

S.V. Airlie
02-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Don't need to say much.

Ted Cruz is standing in the way of a bipartisan Senate bill to provide hundreds of millions of dollars in aid for Flint, Mich., and other communities that need to upgrade their drinking water infrastructure.
Senate Democrats blinked when they agreed this week to pay for federal aid to address lead-tainted drinking water in Flint by cutting a program prized by the state’s senators.
Now they say it's Republicans' turn — but at least one GOP holdout is blocking the bill.
Cruz, who is campaigning ahead of Thursday's Republican debate, has placed a "soft hold" on the aid package to give him more time to study the details of the proposal, the Texas Republican's spokeswoman Rachael Slobodien said Thursday. Without naming Cruz, Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), a lead negotiator on the Flint aid package, acknowledged a hold was preventing it from moving to the floor, but Inhofe said he was hopeful the impasse could be resolved. Slobodien also said she did not expect Cruz to hold up the bill permanently.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/2016-elections#ixzz41DTA20W3

Memphis Mike
02-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Go Jamie! Go Jamie!

Dan McCosh
02-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Can't find any reference to the Flint situation in the link.

S.V. Airlie
02-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Dan, it's in light blue at the bottom.! You have to scroll down. They are all current articles. I just opened it up. It worked, it was there.

Keith Wilson
02-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Here's the link. (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/ted-cruz-flint-aid-219787)

Mr Cruz is an *sshole. No other word for it.

CWSmith
02-25-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure the Feds should bail them out. The problem is their own making. They should fire the politicians, fix the problem, raise taxes to pay their bills, and learn a lesson. Isn't that what the rest of us are expected to do?

S.V. Airlie
02-25-2016, 05:08 PM
And while the state and the feds fight. the residents suffer. The feds should do it and send the state a bill.

CWSmith
02-25-2016, 05:11 PM
And while the state and the feds fight. the residents suffer. The feds should do it and send the state a bill.

I could live with that. They could take it out of whatever other aid they provide until the bill is paid.

Dan McCosh
02-26-2016, 10:43 AM
And while the state and the feds fight. the residents suffer. The feds should do it and send the state a bill. Don't know what the feds would be expected to do. The City of Flint has already begun replacing lead service piping. Presumably the water department has fixed the chemical mix in the treatment plant. The engineering firm that oversaw this mess, LAN engineering, is the largest such firm in Texas, does similar work for Houston, Dallas, etc. It is being sued for $500 million. Maybe Cruz knows more than he is telling.

Dan McCosh
02-26-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure the Feds should bail them out. The problem is their own making. They should fire the politicians, fix the problem, raise taxes to pay their bills, and learn a lesson. Isn't that what the rest of us are expected to do? It is tough to collect taxes from people on welfare.

S.V. Airlie
02-26-2016, 10:48 AM
It is tough to collect taxes from people on welfare.Many here are, and many are republicans. Oh right, they don't THINK they are poor but, they want (need actually) the same handouts the dems give out. Go figure!

bobbys
02-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Go Jamie! Go Jamie!

Do you think it's easy being a Norm light?

S.V. Airlie
02-26-2016, 11:09 AM
Bobbys can't come up with his own slogan. Should have figured he couldn't and had to steal someone else's, Typical!

Michael D. Storey
02-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Here's the link. (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/ted-cruz-flint-aid-219787)

Mr Cruz is an *sshole. No other word for it.I think that is true. I also think that he is an elitist who feels that he is above the law of the Land. The truth is meaningless. The weak and infirm are statistics.