PDA

View Full Version : Scalia Murdered!

Nicholas Carey
02-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Seems to be the position the tinfoil hat people seem to coming to.

Never mind that he was a 79-year old obese man with multiple health issues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/15/conspiracy-theories-swirl-around-the-death-of-antonin-scalia

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 06:49 PM
By Texas law, the coroner does NOT have to see the body to give a death certificate or say, yup, he's dead. If you don't like this, blames Texas!

Memphis Mike
02-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Fart

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 06:53 PM
FartI hope that Texas is at least smelling them MM.

Jim Bow
02-15-2016, 07:38 PM
OMG, I read enough to learn there is something called, "Breitbart Texas"!

Glen Longino
02-15-2016, 07:43 PM
:d:dlmao

Frost
02-15-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm not one to grab onto conspiracy theories, and its pretty likely he died peacefully in his sleep. Still, I'm a little surprised there's no autopsy. They're performed on so many lay people nowadays so not to do one on someone of his stature if even to rebut the crazies almost seems negligent. I guess they figure that most of the lunatic fringe would rather see him alive so why bother.

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Hillary killed him!

Glen Longino
02-15-2016, 08:14 PM
I'm not one to grab onto conspiracy theories, and its pretty likely he died peacefully in his sleep. Still, I'm a little surprised there's no autopsy. They're performed on so many lay people nowadays so not to do one on someone of his stature if even to rebut the crazies almost seems negligent. I guess they figure that most of the lunatic fringe would rather see him alive so why bother.

I agree.
"natural causes" is pure guesswork by a rural justice of the peace.
His body should have been taken to Dallas for a proper autopsy.
Soon after I moved to my rural home I went to a party and met the local justice of the peace and we got into conversation.
He told me that when he took office he looked back through old records and found that quite a number of cause of death were listed as "wore out"...an archaic term for "natural causes".

johnw
02-15-2016, 08:18 PM

The family said no to the autopsy. Probably want on open casket funeral.

johnw
02-15-2016, 08:20 PM
I agree.
"natural causes" is pure guesswork by a rural justice of the peace.
His body should have been taken to Dallas for a proper autopsy.
Soon after I moved to my rural home I went to a party and met the local justice of the peace and we got into conversation.
He told me that when he took office he looked back through old records and found that quite a number of cause of death were listed as "wore out"...an archaic term for "natural causes".

The term of art in Scotland, on my great great grandfather's death certificate, was 'senile decay.' Meant you died of old age.

KMacDonald
02-15-2016, 08:23 PM
I find this development very disturbing. It just doesn't smell right.

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 08:25 PM
I find this development very disturbing. It just doesn't smell right.After a couple of days, I'm pretty sure he didn't smell right!:(

Keith Wilson
02-15-2016, 08:27 PM
I find this development very disturbing. It just doesn't smell right.Jesus. First RP posts saying Zika virus is an intentionally-released bioweapon and now you . . Long winter or something?

http://aattp.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tinfoil_hat.jpg

KMacDonald
02-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Keith, lets not rush to a conclusions here. The left has done enough of that with the SCJ replacement issue already.

Glen Longino
02-15-2016, 08:33 PM
I find this development very disturbing. It just doesn't smell right.

Same here!
I'm so disturbed I can hardly decide whether to have a shot of Tequila or a shot of Bourbon.
This is plenty damn serious!
pssst...go tell your psychoanalytical daughter that you're disturbed.
Report back to us with her analysis. Okay?

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 08:34 PM
The right is the party jumping to conclusions. The left is saying don't be hasty saying their is a friggin' conspiracy. He was 79 yrs old for god sake!

ccmanuals
02-15-2016, 08:36 PM
Keith, lets not rush to a conclusions here. The left has done enough of that with the SCJ replacement issue already.

you can't be serious

Glen Longino
02-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Jesus. First RP posts saying Zika virus is an intentionally-released bioweapon and now you . . Long winter or something?

http://aattp.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tinfoil_hat.jpg

:DToo funny!:D
On the one hand KMac knows everything about everything, while on the other hand he is suddenly "disturbed".
Hell, I knew he was disturbed the first time I saw him here, and I ain't even a psychoanalyst!:D

CWSmith
02-15-2016, 08:38 PM
"States' Rights" -- Texas has the right to ignore common sense and the GOP should not complain.

KMacDonald
02-15-2016, 08:39 PM
The right is the party jumping to conclusions. The left is saying don't be hasty saying their is a friggin' conspiracy. He was 79 yrs old for god sake!

Well just how old are you?

seanz
02-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Well, really, you've got to admit that now they can't prove without doubt that he wasn't murdered and that's good enough as assassinated to some people...

elf
02-15-2016, 08:55 PM
No autopsy? Texas? You don't really think rich people at a Texas resort would pass up an opportunity to make this look as politically useful as possible, do you?

C'mon.

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Well just how old are you?Older and wiser then you obviously.

Frost
02-15-2016, 09:20 PM

Well I'm pretty far left, have voted for Bernie 3 or 4 times already. Just saying that autopsies are so common place nowadays that why not just do one to shut people up. Geez, everytime someone dies in a house fire or car accident , our county coroner is called out wanting to know if it was drugs or arson or heart attack or whatever. Its part of doing Public Health. Its a rural area I live in and they still do it. Doesn't take much time, should still be able to have open casket, and you really don't have to ask the family. Again, I'm guessing its a natural death but starting to think there might have been something creepy going on like J. Edgar Hoover or something. Just do an autopsy and end it, no good reason not to.

CWSmith
02-15-2016, 09:25 PM
I somehow believe that if you or I died while not in a Dr.'s care there would be an autopsy regardless of the family's wishes.

Then again, I don't live in Texas.

ccmanuals
02-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Autopsies are expensive and I'm thinking they don't do them unless their is any suspicion of foul play.

KMacDonald
02-15-2016, 09:41 PM
In the county I live in they do one automatically if the person is under age 50 or 60. May be they took blood samples to test. If there were no bullet holes or other physical damage to the body and the blood tests come back good then it pretty much rules out murder. You still don't know exactly what killed him but murder is ruled out without a complete autopsy. I don't know if that's what happened in this case or not though.

leikec
02-15-2016, 09:41 PM
National figure or not, thank heaven that the family's wishes still have relevance under such curcumstances.

Jeff C

KMacDonald
02-15-2016, 09:42 PM
The murder rate of judges is high in any case.

CWSmith
02-15-2016, 09:45 PM
National figure or not, thank heaven that the family's wishes still have relevance under such curcumstances.

Jeff C

It's a great way to hide the fact that mom got fed up with dad and took a pillow to his face while he slept. Or Jr. wanted his inheritance early. Or dad chose to die rather than live out his cancer and wants his family to get the life insurance not available to suicides. Or... Or... Family's wishes are not relevant.

Glen Longino
02-15-2016, 09:47 PM
The murder rate of judges is high in any case.

Is that a decree, speculation, or wishful thinking?
Links?
No?
I figgered!

S.V. Airlie
02-15-2016, 09:47 PM
The murder rate of judges is high in any case.Proof and compared to who? You love throwing this type of comment around but, can't seem to support it. Very typical of the republicans here.

George Jung
02-15-2016, 10:05 PM
Kmac is just 'stirring', as usual. But it is unusual an autopsy wasn't an automatic, in this case. Thinking it's a Liberal plot is off base just a touch.... Conservative judge dying in conservative Texas... but the manner of declaration 'smells', no doubt. If you want to 'conspiracy theorize', handling in this manner certainly gives the tin hat sorts (the Republicans) some flexibility.

Chip-skiff
02-15-2016, 11:02 PM
As far as the delay in reporting, they did have to sweep the room and get rid of the poppers and the hookers' underthings.

C'mon. He was a big guy. Can't have that kind of cheap stuff clouding his sacred memory.

As far as the actual cause, he was old and fat and had soaked up way too much free booze and eaten way too many fatty libertarian rib-eyes.

As the saying goes, You gonna reap just what you sow.

KMacDonald
02-15-2016, 11:08 PM
When they said he was found fully clothed I immediately thought "why would they say that? Are they hiding something?" I'd like to know a little more about that ranch and what services they provided.

purri
02-15-2016, 11:09 PM
Has anyone asked Jack Ruby's family?

Chip-skiff
02-15-2016, 11:10 PM
I'd like to know a little more about that ranch and what services they provided.

If you're rich or powerful, pretty much whatever you want.

elf
02-15-2016, 11:16 PM
When they said he was found fully clothed I immediately thought "why would they say that? Are they hiding something?" I'd like to know a little more about that ranch and what services they provided.
Google is your friend.

bobbys
02-15-2016, 11:17 PM
Is that a decree, speculation, or wishful thinking?
Links?
No?
I figgered!

Say , you live in Texas.............

Paul G.
02-15-2016, 11:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCtRZmGucs

Nicholas Carey
02-15-2016, 11:36 PM
The family said no to the autopsy. Probably want on open casket funeral.

Scalia was a very conservative R.C. Not so big on the autopsy thing. And barring any actual evidence or even something resembling a rational suspicion of foul play, not much call for one...unless the family wants one.

Nicholas Carey
02-15-2016, 11:39 PM
As far as the delay in reporting, they did have to sweep the room and get rid of the poppers and the hookers' underthings.

+10. I need eye bleach to get rid of the image you just planted in my head.

As far as the actual cause, he was old and fat and had soaked up way too much free booze and eaten way too many fatty libertarian rib-eyes.

As the saying goes, You gonna reap just what you sow.

Exactly so.

Glen Longino
02-15-2016, 11:49 PM

Say , you live in Texas.............

Yep, 432 miles from Cibolo Creek.

bobbys
02-15-2016, 11:51 PM

So you were at home watching wheel of fortune?

Rum_Pirate
02-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Jesus. First RP posts saying Zika virus is an intentionally-released bioweapon and now you . . Long winter or something?

Where did I say that it was? :confused:

Please quote my words.

Keith Wilson
02-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Sorry, I was writing too fast. You didn't say that. You quoted a long article which discussed the possibility, and several other equally out-there conspiracy theories, but you didn't say that yourself. Apologies.

KMacDonald
02-16-2016, 08:07 AM

So you were at home watching wheel of fortune?

Wouldn't put it past him, considering................:rolleyes:

CWSmith
02-16-2016, 08:35 AM
Scalia was a very conservative R.C. Not so big on the autopsy thing.

I have been Catholic for 60 years. There is no problem with autopsy except a pope decades ago made an edict that popes not be autopsied. Scalia was not a pope. I fully expect to be autopsied if I die under questionable circumstances.

S.V. Airlie
02-16-2016, 08:47 AM
First you have to decide what you mean by questionable circumstances.

He was 79, was that a questionable circumstance?
Was he over weight and had the usual medical issues combined with his age?
Was he drinking the night before? Questionable circumstances
Did he just pass out in his clothes? Questionable circumstances
Any sign of foul play?

Vince Brennan
02-16-2016, 08:52 AM
I am surprised that no-one has commented here on the "PURPOSE" of the weekend's gathering: QUAIL hunting (Did anyone see Dick Cheney in the undergrowth?), which can be interpreted in several ways. Ask Nelson.

AND: I see that you are mostly still playing with KMac's postings.

Don't do that: you'll have to scrub your brains before bedtime.

S.V. Airlie
02-16-2016, 08:54 AM
Presidio County Judge Guevara told AP (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/507b286c0caf4dbab00c245119f66e5d/scalias-body-being-flown-back-he-died-natural-causes) she spoke with local and federal investigators, as well as Scalia's doctor, on the day the Supreme Court judge was found dead in his room at a Texas ranch. She told the news agency the 79-year-old judge was considered too weak to undergo surgery for a recent shoulder injury.

Guevara spoke with Rear Adm. Brian P. Monahan — an attending physician for the U.S. Congress and Supreme Court members — who told her Scalia visited the doctor's office on both Wednesday and Thursday before heading to Texas, and had an MRI scan of his shoulder, the AP reported. Monahan also told Guevara that Scalia was too weak to undergo the surgery that was required, and that he recommended rehabilitation. Scalia had reportedly told some people at the ranch he was feeling unwell.

The ranch owner reportedly said Scalia appeared to be normal at dinner the night before he was found "in complete repose" in his room. John Poindexter said Scalia arrived Friday and was part of a group of about 35 weekend guests. Scalia retired around 9 p.m., saying he wanted a long night's sleep, Poindexter said, according to the AP.
Bryan Garner, a close friend of Scalia and co-author of two books with him, reportedly said that the justice seemed happy and cheerful during trips to Hong Kong and Singapore in late January and early February. Garner told AP that Scalia did not mention heart problems or other health issues, except a "head cold," during the trip.

News of the sudden death of the longest-serving justice on the Supreme Court triggered shock waves throughout the political world Saturday. Politicians were quick to issue statements (http://www.ibtimes.com/politicians-react-passing-us-supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-2306561) expressing their condolences. His death also set off speculation over who his successor would be, as well as about the politics behind the process of appointing his successor during a presidential election year.
The media speculated about several possible nominees for the post, and many outlets cited a 2013 report to suggest that Sri Srinivasan (http://www.ibtimes.com/who-sri-srinivasan-indian-american-judge-race-replace-justice-antonin-scalia-2306734), a former senior Justice Department official — for whom President Barack Obama had fought to confirm a seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals in the District of Columbia — could be appointed to the post. However, the White House said (http://www.ibtimes.com/antonin-scalia-successor-update-no-supreme-court-nominee-coming-week-white-house-says-2307037) Sunday that Obama will not nominate Scalia’s successor in a hurry.

He also did have heart issues and high blood pressure+alcohol I'm sure played a part. No conspiracy!

Rum_Pirate
02-16-2016, 09:45 AM
Sorry, I was writing too fast. You didn't say that. You quoted a long article which discussed the possibility, and several other equally out-there conspiracy theories, but you didn't say that yourself. Apologies. Thank you.

David G
02-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Apologists.

Our resident righties are perfectly willing to conjure up and support any number of specious arguments to support the actions dictated by the oligarchs. Constitution, law, logic, consistency, and human decency be damned.

Just a bunch of weaseling, wiggling, squirming, slimy apologists.

Chip-skiff
02-16-2016, 12:46 PM
Contrary to earlier reports, Justice Scalia was discovered fully clothed, floating an inch above an unwrinkled bedspread, with his hands clasped over his heart, clutching a rosary.

CK 17
02-16-2016, 01:44 PM
" Scalia retired around 9 p.m., saying he wanted a long night's sleep".

looks like he got what he wanted. . . .

KMacDonald
02-16-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't found with a wooden stake through the heart judging by the way you guys are talking.

S.V. Airlie
02-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Not at all, we are giving the facts as SC justice and his rulings, taking into account of his age and health. No stake indicated. You're the one talking conspiracies blah blah 7blah!

paulf
02-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Hay DavidG, Is gob·ble·dy·gook, in any way related to dingbatery??

Boater14
02-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Where was the guy who killed Vince Foster when this went down. Just saw the RC thing and autopsies. Where'd you get that figment?

Nicholas Scheuer
02-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Pretty soon nut-job repubs like Trump will be telling us Obama shouldn't appoint a replacement for Scalia until we know for certain how Scalia died. He-l, Cruz is probably out there right now praying for a resurrection. Of course Rubio is just praying for a way to somehow, someway top Cruz and Trump. Jeb, being as he is from a family of Texans, is saddling up and forming a posse to ride out to the rescue. Rescue of who hasn't yet been determined, but with all the money he's got, that posse could outnumber the Cavalry in the charge of the Light Brigade..