PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: dying of old age?

David G
12-28-2015, 04:58 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/12/28/fox-news-literally-dying-age-younger-viewers-refuse-watch-fox.html

Daytime audiences are always going to skew older, so the level playing field is in primetime. Both MSNBC and Fox News tried a similar strategy of promoting younger on screen talent to attract younger viewers. Both networks have seen their audience grow older.
CNN took a different path. The network’s mix of primetime news, documentaries, and original series has drawn younger viewers their programming.

Fox’s problems mirror those of the Republican Party. As Frank Rich pointed out in New York Magazine (http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/fox-news-2014-2/index2.html)nearly a year ago, “Hard as it may be to fathom, Fox Nation is even more monochromatically white than the GOP is, let alone the American nation. Two percent of Mitt Romney’s voters were black. According to new Nielsen data, only 1.1 percent of Fox News’s prime-time viewership is (as opposed to 25 percent for MSNBC, 14 percent for CNN, and an average of roughly 12 percent for the three broadcast networks’ evening news programs).”

Fox News isn’t a television network. It is a retirement home/echo chamber for old white conservatives...

Norman Bernstein
12-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Two percent of Mitt Romney’s voters were black. According to new Nielsen data, only 1.1 percent of Fox News’s prime-time viewership is (as opposed to 25 percent for MSNBC, 14 percent for CNN, and an average of roughly 12 percent for the three broadcast networks’ evening news programs).”

Whaddaya talkin' about? According to the Donald, blacks and latinos LOVE him!

wardd
12-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Whaddaya talkin' about? According to the Donald, blacks and latinos LOVE him!

i love him as a republican

skuthorp
12-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Romney may yet get the guernsey I reckon, desperaton is a strong motive.

bobbys
12-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Odd, I see the democratic front runners as old white people ..

Maybe the liberals here miss that?

BETTY-B
12-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Odd, I see the democratic front runners as old white people ..

Maybe the liberals here miss that?

Uhhh....so FOX NEWS should not be worried about their numbers then? Maybe you just didn't read the article.