PDA

View Full Version : FAQ

Mark O.
12-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Who do I report a missing "settings" link to??

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Via "settings" link at the top - right of the page ink near the top of the page.

I see the "general settings" under the Forum Actions, but no matter which Email settings I turn off, I still get notifications on my phone. How do I unsubscribe?

lupussonic
12-27-2015, 02:13 PM
I had the same problem a while ago. I whined at Scott, and he did it for me. now I only get an alert when someone replies to my main thread.

Peerie Maa
12-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Go to Forum Actions.
Then General Settings.
That will take you to the menu for editing your email.

Garret
12-27-2015, 04:19 PM
The link is actually there, but no text. If you hover just to the right of (& slightly up from) "My Profile" in the upper right corner of the screen, a square will highlight & the pointer will change. Click it.

I use Settings as my launch point - as it shows all subscribed threads in one place. I reported it to Scot at least a year ago, but he didn't seem to think it worthy of changing.

Mark O.
12-28-2015, 01:56 AM
I can get into settings via either method... I just don't see any unsubscribe button. Already had every email choice listed in settings as do not receive.

Garret
12-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Settings, General Settings, Default Thread Subscription Method. I chose "Through my Profile Only" & get no emails. Make sure you set this default before you adjust old threads (see below) or else they'll just get set back to your getting emails.

For existing threads that you get emails about: Open Settings, click "View All Subscribed Threads" (button below the listed threads), and on the right of the list of threads you will see a checkbox for each thread. Check all the ones that say "email", then at the bottom of the page is a drop-down that will say "Selected Threads", click the arrow to drop it down & choose whatever you want under "Update Subscription Type".

Mark O.
12-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks. Still a little wonky, but if it works, great.

Garret
12-28-2015, 11:04 AM
VBulletin (the software the forum runs on) has some quirks. That's the polite word...

Mark O.
12-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Quirks keep me on my toes. haha