PDA

View Full Version : Liberals have started their Ted Cruz hate campaign

bobbys
12-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Washington Post cartoon showed Teds Daughters as monkeys..

The cartoon was removed..

Come on libs, they are just little girls.

David G
12-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Started? I started that campaign back when he first floated to the surface of that fetid swamp. And that was years ago...

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Yup, the right is against abortion, they want the kids to grow up and then, send them to war. We need more fodder dang it!

elf
12-23-2015, 04:33 PM
The WaPo actually ran that cartoon? That's totally out of character for such a self-centered gossip sheet.

I'm so sorry, but please don't attribute that to liberals. There aren't any at the WaPo even slightly. Every once in a while, like once a week, they let one on the OpEd page, but otherwise there's not an ethical voice on the entire editorial staff.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 04:37 PM
That's why they do. One rotten in a barrel of apples.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 04:46 PM
You are expecting to MUCH elf and Glen!

RonW
12-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Read this again, BobBS, and then apologize to Libs if you have any integrity whatsoever!

You are kinda confused as to who owes an apology to who.........libs are a poor lot....here's the cartoon.. very offensive to involve children, no class what so ever..

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/12/ted-cruz-daughters-cartoon-640x480.jpg

The amazing debacle of the Washington Post’s outrageous publication of a cartoon depicting Senator Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) children as trained monkeys ended with the cartoon being yanked, with one of the most amazing editorial notes ever printed:

Editor’s note from Fred Hiatt: It’s generally been the policy of our editorial section to leave children out of it. I failed to look at this cartoon before it was published. I understand why Ann thought an exception to the policy was warranted in this case, but I do not agree.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/23/msm-fail-washington-post-pulls-cartoon-cruz-daughters-monkeys/

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Does it show it's Cruz's kids?:) One on one of the leashes looks a bit like you.

RonW
12-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Does it show it's Cruz's kids?:) One on one of the leashes looks a bit like you.

Typical liberal behavior......thanks SV for proving the point.....

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Actually I'm using a republican tactic! Remember I WAS one for 45 yrs. I know how it works.

RonW
12-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Have you seen the Cruz campaign piece with Cruz sitting on the couch with his little girls and his wife reading them a stupid anti lib story?
Talk about offensive and low class!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Using his little girls like that should be criminal! Your silly ire is misplaced, pal!

you mean this one.........

https://youtu.be/-EsDxRDEwhw?t=27

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 05:16 PM
No, and you know it RonW.

RonW
12-23-2015, 05:35 PM
He's embarrassed to admit that his hero, Cruz, would use his little girls in such a despicable manner on national television!

I don't know what you are talking about glen, can you produce this so called video for us to view ?

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Look at Cruz's campaign crap he's pedaling for that RonW, Stop blaming ignorance!. There's a thread posted which tells everyone all about the products he's got for sale!

johnw
12-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Well, they never should have published that. It's way beyond the pale.

But Bobby, if you think that was the beginning of liberals hating Cruz, you are way behind on things. They started even before the man's senate colleagues began hating the man.

dbrown
12-23-2015, 05:41 PM
If they had their head on a rug facing
east it would have been alright. Libs don't like Christian prayer.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Hey RonW, you'll love this. Note the highlighted passages.\

ay what you will about Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, but the man can deliver a joke.

Speaking at Washington’s tony Alfalfa Club dinner on Saturday night, the Republican spared few targets, the New York Times reports. (http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/02/02/?p=mb-0#post-mb-6) McConnell poked fun at himself, new inductee Mitt Romney, and fellow members of the U.S. Senate, including a particularly incendiary Tea Party Republican from Texas.
McConnell noted that Cruz — the anti-Obamacare crusader who spearheaded the 2013 government shutdown, thereby earning the enmity of many fellow Republicans — had once proclaimed that he would throw himself in front of a moving train, if that’s what killing health reform would take.
“That idea has some merit to it,” a wry McConnell jabbed.

RonW
12-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Well, they never should have published that. It's way beyond the pale.

But Bobby, if you think that was the beginning of liberals hating Cruz, you are way behind on things. They started even before the man's senate colleagues began hating the man.

You mean when Cruz stood up on the senate floor and told the truth that mitch mcconnell the majority leader was lying about the back room deals on the TPP trade deal and was working behind the scene for obama..

Captain Intrepid
12-23-2015, 05:49 PM
I don't like it when children are brought into politics, as props or as targets. I find the cartoon distasteful, but at least it's aimed at Cruz' exploitation of his children, and not at his children.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 05:50 PM
He (CRUZ) will say anything. Personally, McNuggets appears to be an idiot and I don't think much of him but, calling the kettle black doesn't say much either. At least NOT GOOD!

RonW
12-23-2015, 05:51 PM
No, I'm not your research librarian.
Keep your eyes open, it's bound to turn up again!

Oh you mean this one, ain't it a blast, I play it 2 or 3 times a day......just for you glen, enjoy it......

https://youtu.be/e3hB3iOQKjY

elf
12-23-2015, 05:54 PM
http://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/12/ted-cruz-daughters-cartoon-640x480.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/23/msm-fail-washington-post-pulls-cartoon-cruz-daughters-monkeys/

Considering how unimaginative, pro business, pro war, economically ill educated, and regressive the OpEd staff at the WaPo is, I'm really amazed that they pulled the cartoon. The WaPo has been struggling for quite a few years with how to support the Republican party as it has moved so far off the right side that even for the WaPo the party is now too regressive.

Clearly the cartoon vouches strongly for the party staying away from someone as manipulative, broadly disliked, pugnacious and worrysome as Mr. Cruz, which is what I'm quite certain the WaPo was trying to say.

Still, even as the paper lacks a modicum of ethics, the cartoon to me goes well beyind the pale.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Oh you mean this one, ain't it a blast, I play it 2 or 3 times a day......just for you glen, enjoy it......

https://youtu.be/e3hB3iOQKjYDo you have time to listen to it between Limbaugh, FOX and reading Breithart? I'm impressed

skuthorp
12-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Not being exposed to most of the political adds in the US I wouldn't have read it that way. More that he was a showman and a construct.
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?200817-Fake

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Is Ted Cruz even eligible to be POTUS?

Where was he born? To whom?

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 07:14 PM
That will be a debate. Father, Cuban, born in Canada, mother from NJ. Is NJ a state?:) His parents are divorced now and his father got his citizenship in 2008.? Cruz became, officially, a citizen in 2012 or 13. But, someone is gonna have to bring it up. The republicans were the ones who made a stink about it in 2007/8 though.

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Yes.

At the time of his birth, Father was a Cuban citizen (once a confederate of Fidel Castro). Mother was a U.S. citizen. They resided in Canada. Cruz senior was employed in Canada. Teddy boy was born in Canada.

So is he a Canadian citizen? A Cuban citizen? A U.S. citizen? A dual citizen? if so, of what two countries?

Oh my.

elf
12-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Trump made the biggest stink, too.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 07:29 PM
He had dual citizenship until 2012/3 when he was elected to the Senate. Just US now!

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Really?

Canadian and Cuban? Cuban and American? American and Canadian?

Oh my, what a mess.

skuthorp
12-23-2015, 07:31 PM
In a nation of immigrants and their offspring it's an arcane argument and if nothing else in the constitution that should be fixed.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 07:32 PM
McCain was automaticaly a US citizen, he was born on US property, a military installation in a foreign country.

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:33 PM
BUT OUR CONSTITUTION IS SACRED!

Fat chance trying to amend it.

skuthorp
12-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Really?

Canadian and Cuban? Cuban and American? American and Canadian?

Oh my, what a mess.
What will the USSC say, and would you have to wait till he is actually elected to challenge, or only till he is the GOP delegate?

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:35 PM
McCain was automaticaly a US citizen, he was born on US property, a military installation in a foreign country.
Correct.

Ted Cruz is not the offspring of a member of the U.S. military.

He is the offspring of two people who chose leave their countries to work and reside in Canada. One was a U.S. citizen. One was not.

What a mess.

RonW
12-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Is Ted Cruz even eligible to be POTUS?

Where was he born? To whom?

The constitution says you must be a natural born citizen, which means that you are a U.S. citizen by the simple fact of your birth.
Cruz's mother is a U.S. citizen and therefore he is as well ........

Are you becoming a birther ? You do know that the Hillary camp started that nasty rumor in 08, don't you ..the clintons know no bounds..

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM
are you becoming a birther ? You do know that the hillary camp started that nasty rumor in 08, don't you ..the clintons know no bounds..
rotflmao!!!

S.V. Airlie
Still no one calls Cruz Cuban or Canadian here but, many still call Obama a Kenyan. Go figure.x

Reynard38
Well the libs are late to the party. This moderate independant hated this tool the first time I heard him.

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Still no one calls Cruz Cuban or Canadian here but, many still call Obama a Kenyan. Go figure.x
Ask RonW about the irony in that. ;)

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM
The constitution says you must be a natural born citizen, which means that you are a U.S. citizen by the simple fact of your birth.
Cruz's mother is a U.S. citizen and therefore he is as well ........

Are you becoming a birther ? You do know that the Hillary camp started that nasty rumor in 08, don't you ..the clintons know no bounds..And Obama is still considered a Kenyan. Care to comment? It must be tough using your own logic against you. Obama's mother was a US citizen. What size boot do you stick in your mouth? *I think you've got room for another!

wardd
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Yup, the right is against abortion, they want the kids to grow up and then, send them to war. We need more fodder dang it!

cannon fodder

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 07:45 PM
cannon fodderGround troops!:)

Willin'
12-23-2015, 07:56 PM
From USA Today

The cartoonist, Ann Telnaes, noted that Cruz used his children in an ad attacking President Obama, Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.

"Ted Cruz has put his children in a political ad- don't start screaming when editorial cartoonists draw them as well," she said on Twitter.

I have to agree, Cruz wants to paint his kids as victims when he used them himself to further his own agenda. The outrage rings hollow to me. Maybe people are a little too quick to bow to the PC Police.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Ignore! Ignore! Ignore!

RonW
12-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Bombshell: ‘Washington Post’ Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement

New analysis from the Washington Post removes any doubt that the anti-Obama Birther movement was started in 2007 and 2008 by Hillary Clinton, her campaign, and her Democrat supporters.

As Breitbart News reported earlier this month, other left-wing media outlets, like Politico and the Guardian, had already traced the Birther movement back to Democrats and Ms. Clinton. Using his wayback machine on Wednesday, the Post‘s David Weigel took an in-depth look at the origins of the false rumors that President Obama is a practicing Muslim who was not born in a America. Weigel’s reporting contains the final pieces of a very disturbing puzzle.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/26/washington-post-confirms-hillary-clinton-started-the-birther-movement/

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Even if she started it, she stopped it. It was a bad move on her part, she realized it The right took it and ran with it and are still doing so anyway. Still doing it!. That's the think the republican apparently don't see. A bad move (yup, it is) lets keep going with it anyway. Have you started to chew on the boot leather yet, let us know.

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Some people learn from their mistakes. Others do not.

Pretty much the difference between adults and the GOP "base."

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Sometimes I'm amazed they manage to reach maturity.

RonW
12-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Some people learn from their mistakes. Others do not.

Pretty much the difference between adults and the GOP "base."

So, do you think if Cruz wins the nomination Hillary will have learned from her mistake and not play the birther card again ?

Tom Montgomery
12-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Yes. :rolleyes:

How old are you?

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 08:14 PM
As of Sun. 62 and I've learned from my mistakes.:)

johnw
12-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Even if she started it, she stopped it. It was a bad move on her part, she realized it The right took it and ran with it and are still doing so anyway. Still doing it!. That's the think the republican apparently don't see. A bad move (yup, it is) lets keep going with it anyway. Have you started to chew on the boot leather yet, let us know.

She didn't start it. You make the mistake of assuming breitbart has its facts right. It was people outside her campaign who supported her, as near as can be determined by evidence rather than wishful thinking.

And even if she had started it, bringing that up doesn't answer the question you asked Ron.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2015, 09:41 PM
As a candidate, regardless who started it, Hillary or some Hillary supporter, she nixed it. End of story.

David G
12-23-2015, 09:51 PM
If they had their head on a rug facing
east it would have been alright. Libs don't like Christian prayer.

I'm moderately liberal. And I'm married to a minister. Hmmm... I wonder what that makes you.

David G
12-23-2015, 09:59 PM
bbbbby missing the point? bbbbbbbys leaping to conclusions? bbbbbbbys with a shaky (let's be kind here) grasp of reality? Tell me it ain't so!!!

Jimmy W
12-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Was there anything else to the cartoon that identified the organ grinder's monkeys as Cruz's children?

skuthorp
12-23-2015, 11:43 PM
I didn't read it that way myself.
More the performer thing.

skuthorp
12-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Shot themselves in the foot maybe?

Ian McColgin
12-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Gotta admit, I thought the cartoon was insulting Cruz's supporters. I thought his own video ad was sufficient insult to his children that opponents could never do nastier anyway.

Jim Mahan
12-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Can't even get the faux outrage right. Pathetic.

dbrown
12-24-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm moderately liberal. And I'm married to a minister. Hmmm... I wonder what that makes you.
Makes me right. Your'e a moderate.

Joe (SoCal)
12-24-2015, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=RonW;4746776]you mean this one.........

NO THIS ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqpHTFJO4mE

Rigadog
12-24-2015, 10:45 AM
If you use your kids for political gain as Cruz did, having them read Faux-Christmas stories to mock your opponent's views - putting scripted nonsense in the mouths of babes - then they become fair game for cartoonists. I would say the same if it was a figure from the left, right or center. People will do anything to get elected it seems.

S.V. Airlie
12-24-2015, 10:51 AM
As in a trial, if a defense lawyer leaves the door open in defending an individual, the opposing lawyer can, by law, take advantage of it in his efforts to find the man guilty. Cruz opened the door in the video RonW can't seem to find :) by using his kids in a political ad he has opened the door. It may be nasty at times but, he has no reason to cry about it.

S.V. Airlie
12-24-2015, 11:38 AM
He thinks dishonesty is normal in his eyes!:)