PDA

View Full Version : Fake

skuthorp
12-22-2015, 04:30 AM
I watched a performance by Ted Cruz today. And when I say 'performance' I do mean "PERFORMANCE". I have never seen a politician so obviously completely fake.

If it came to a choice I'd have to go for Donald, at least you know what you are getting.

PeterSibley
12-22-2015, 05:38 AM
Choke splutter ! :d:d

Paul Pless
12-22-2015, 07:44 AM
i really want one of his christmas sweaters, but there's no way i'd give the bastard any money

https://store.tedcruz.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Ugly-Sweater.jpg

Jim Mahan
12-22-2015, 08:24 AM
An article I read recently suggested that Cruz has been cultivating the role of radical extremist, or extremist radical, specifically for this run up to this nomination, for years and years, and has been planning the emergence of Cruz the moderate, the so-called compassionate conservative, for this general election. Very telling comments from some folks who knew him when he was winning the national debate championship while at school. They said, as part of the debate activity in school, he would argue either the liberal or conservative side with equal alacrity, happy to go which ever way the wind the blows, to win a point. He knows exactly what he is doing. When the smoke and dust clears at the nomination, Cruz is going to be in a position, relative to the remaining cohort of Rs, to claim the middle, and we will have been lulled into complacency, and all of a sudden he won't be 'unelectable' anymore. Cruz has said that he favors the wisdom of Sun Tzu in the Art of War, that the battle has been won before any engagement, it is won when the battleground is chosen.

If you think Bill Clinton earned the nickname 'Slick Willy,' imagine how you're gonna feel when 'Sippery Ted' slimes into office. "Oh, look, a pool of moderate on the floor. Somone must have gotten him wet, and he melted."

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Paul Pless;4745234]i really want one of his christmas sweaters, but there's no way i'd give the bastard any money. /QUOTE]He should give us money for taking them.

Gerarddm
12-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Every once in a while, there is somebody who whenever I see them I just irrationally want to punch their face, hard. Hannity is one, maybe the prime one. Another is Ted Cruz.

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 10:10 AM
I'd settle with a bag over his head, I'm really NOT into violence.

Hwyl
12-22-2015, 10:14 AM
I thought this was a thread about boobs.

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Well, it could actually be Gareth depending on your idea of boobs.!

boob

n (http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/boob#s30562)
either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman

n (http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/boob#s54113)v (http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/boob#s94862)
an ignorant or foolish person

RonW
12-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Oh cool, the Ted Cruz thread........

https://youtu.be/e3hB3iOQKjY

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Yup, great stories to read to his 5 yr. olds. They might actually believe he's a Superdud.

Glen Longino
12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Oh cool, the Ted Cruz thread........

https://youtu.be/e3hB3iOQKjY

Poor little girls!
They have my sympathy!

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Poor little girls!
They have my sympathy!The genes are from his wife.

Jim Bow
12-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Every once in a while, there is somebody who whenever I see them I just irrationally want to punch their face, hard. Hannity is one, maybe the prime one. Another is Ted Cruz.

And Shkreli makes three.

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Actually, I can think of quite a few I would like to see wearing bags over their heads but, it's not worth cutting a tree down for the number of paper bags I'd need.

oznabrag
12-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Actually, I can think of quite a few I would like to see wearing bags over their heads but, it's not worth cutting a tree down for the number of paper bags I'd need.

I thought we were talking plastic bags.

What a relief!

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 02:07 PM
NAH, Cal. appropriately, banned the plastic ones I would have used.

skuthorp
12-22-2015, 03:19 PM
I thought that in a different context the whole show could be self satire, but mayhap deliberately so as 'over the top' seems to sell well to his audience. Rhetorical takeouts from religious tent shows, a level of mass hysteria and the stimulation of the pleasure centres such activity produces.

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2015, 03:22 PM
I just wonder whether Cruz thinks it's satire. He actually believes he's the knight in shining armor I think.

skuthorp
12-22-2015, 03:25 PM
I doubt that, he believes that anything that get's him the nomination is OK. There's a calculating and ethic free mind behind that performance. But then he's a politician and should we be surprised? You know, free speech and all that.

JimD
12-22-2015, 03:46 PM
I always though W set the gold standard for being fake from one end of the alimentary canal to the other. Can Cruz be any worse?

skuthorp
12-23-2015, 12:24 AM
W was a dunce in presidents clothing. His dad's name and pres Dick got him there.

Nicholas Carey
12-23-2015, 03:08 AM
I have this dream of making it a prerequisite for holding Federal elective office in the USA for the presidential candidate/congressional candidate to stand up in front of the British House of Commons' question time and hold their own.

That would be a good test :)

Thinking one's feet and speaking extemporaneously not usually a trait of American politicians. Nor is the possession of actual oratorical or rhetorical skills. Most of them wouldn't recognize oratory or rhetoric if it jumped up and bit them in the privates.

JimD
12-23-2015, 11:52 AM
I have this dream of making it a prerequisite for holding Federal elective office in the USA for the presidential candidate/congressional candidate to stand up in front of the British House of Commons' question time and hold their own.

That would be a good test :)

Thinking one's feet and speaking extemporaneously not usually a trait of American politicians. Nor is the possession of actual oratorical or rhetorical skills. Most of them wouldn't recognize oratory or rhetoric if it jumped up and bit them in the privates.
There's only one thing the president or any other Amurcan needs to know. Are you for Amurca or are you for the Terrists? At least Tony Blair got it. Now perhaps England last lost its way.