PDA

View Full Version : Election laws

S.V. Airlie
12-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Gotta love them:

I changed parties in Oct. I can't vote as a dem until the gen. election in 2016 when anyone can vote for anyone.

However, I'm still registered to vote in Rep. primaries through 2016.

Oh goody, I can vote for the biggest republican idiot running hope he wins and then, have a majority of voters sink him like a rock in the gen. election.

It's to bad we don't have a primary for the republican candidates, I could vote for Trump or Cruz to win.In the general election, they wouldn't have a chance!

skuthorp
12-21-2015, 03:06 PM
"I changed parties in Oct. I can't vote as a dem until the gen. election in 2016 when anyone can vote for anyone."
Not only is that ridiculous, it's anti-democratic. The State telling you which way you can vote? Why don't they just mark your ballot right now and not bother with an electoral farce at all.

S.V. Airlie
12-21-2015, 03:21 PM
"I changed parties in Oct. I can't vote as a dem until the gen. election in 2016 when anyone can vote for anyone."
Not only is that ridiculous, it's anti-democratic. The State telling you which way you can vote? Why don't they just mark your ballot right now and not bother with an electoral farce at all.It's the law but, it allows me to vote in every republican primary for the least likely GOP candidate to win in the general election. Works for me!