PDA

View Full Version : sometimes I wonder!

Phillip Allen
12-20-2015, 01:20 AM
I took my oldest granddaughter shopping and to eat... when we got home, I was exhausted and crashed on the bed. slept at least 5 hours and woke up with a song in my head and I wonder at it. I doubt I have listened to them in 40 years. so why this song now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHckjjbE8I

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Is it about guns?

Glen Longino
12-20-2015, 01:43 AM
"Out in the West Texas town of El Paso,
I fell in love with a Mexican girl..."

paulf
12-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Falling in love is a big thing Philip. That's why it sticks in yo haid! I First heard that song on a troop ship to Gitmo/ jungle training. I had just fallen in love and would never see her again.

She was Jordainan and, you know,...

Glen Longino
12-20-2015, 01:51 AM
Falling in love is a big thing Philip. That's why it sticks in yo haid!

:):)

Phillip Allen
12-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Falling in love is a big thing Philip. That's why it sticks in yo haid! I First heard that song on a troop ship to Gitmo/ jungle training. I had just fallen in love and would never see her again.

She was Jordainan and, you know,...

you must be right... I still travel through music. right now I'm listening to Astrud Gilberto... I fall in love all over again

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Phillip's lament Lyrics

I don't own a single gun
But if I did you'd be the one
To hold it, aim it, make all of the bad men run
But I don't own a single gun

And I don't have a sweetheart yet
But if I did I'd break my neck
To please her, make her wanna stay, in my arms she'd rest
But I don't have a sweetheart yet

I can't believe what I found in daddy's sock drawer, sock drawer today
It was a pistol, a Smith & Wesson, holy holy ****

The things I knew when I was young
Some were true and some were wrong
And one day I pray I'll be more than my father's son
But I don't own a single gun

Phillip Allen
12-20-2015, 02:02 AM
Jamie, are you so desperate to garner the approval of your virtual friends that you must act so foolishly all the time?

The Bigfella
12-20-2015, 02:02 AM
I wonder why this image comes to mind every time Phillie posts about guns?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/c/cd/Cn.png/revision/latest?cb=20080502230846

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2015, 02:10 AM
They don't need my approval for anything nor am I desperate, it's you who crave attention from everyone on the forum and desperate for it. If you don't, you post another gun thread and hope you catch some minnows. Doesn't matter if some are negative posts, any attention is a plus. Actually, you get to moan whimper, and complain when you do get negative posts. POOR EEYORE!

Glen Longino
12-20-2015, 02:14 AM
They don't need my approval for anything nor am I desperate, it's you who crave attention from everyone on the forum and desperate for it. If you don't, you post another gun thread and hope you catch some minnows. Doesn't matter if some are negative posts, any attention is a plus. Actually, you get to moan whimper, and complain when you do get negative posts. POOR EEYORE!

Bingo!