PDA

View Full Version : Mistrial in Baltimore Police Brutality case

Vince Brennan
12-16-2015, 06:02 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-porter-trial-jury-wednesday-20151216-story.html

More to come... You better believe it...

Phillip Allen
12-16-2015, 06:10 PM
and so it goes... just takes one ringer (not that I know of one)

CWSmith
12-16-2015, 06:21 PM
It's a very divided city. It has not improved much since I lived there as a youth.

John Smith
12-16-2015, 06:38 PM
This might be a step up from an acquittal.

Reynard38
12-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Supposed to layover in Baltimore this weekend. Depending on how things progress I might insist we stay out at the airport rather than our usual downtown hotel.
Was planning on renting a car to visit a forum member anyway.

CWSmith
12-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Supposed to layover in Baltimore this weekend. Depending on how things progress I might insist we stay out at the airport rather than our usual downtown hotel.

Go to Annapolis. It has great food, lots of boats, and sadly one less yacht club.

I forget the name, but I like the restaurant near the Severn Sailing Association.

Paul Pless
12-16-2015, 06:48 PM
seems as if it was a tenuous case against porter at best and that the prosecution did a poor job of it in trial
their lead witness, the medical examiner was especially weak

CWSmith
12-16-2015, 06:52 PM
seems as if it was a tenuous case against porter at best and that the prosecution did a poor job of it in trial
their lead witness, the medical examiner was especially weak

Does that pass the sniff test? It fails mine.

Bob Adams
12-16-2015, 06:57 PM

Gonna visit me?:D

Bob Adams
12-16-2015, 07:11 PM
I dunno about poor Freddie....but the city gave his family $5.5 million, do you really think there can be a fair and impartial trial? Personally I am surprised the city isn't burning already. No less than guilty for all the officers will be acceptable.

Phillip Allen
12-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Good for the cop.

Perps in many large urban areas know how to play the police and delay going to jail. They fake injuries, and get a free ride to the hospital and stay there until a doctor releases them for booking. Can't breath, can't walk, are the two most frequent ploys. The other guy in the van stated to the police on the report that he heard "Freddie Thug" banging his head. He also said that the ride was fairly smooth with no brake jobs. Once the other guy got out on the streets......he changed his tune so he wouldn't get shot.

Poor Freddie! Another poor drug dealer gone tits up because of them evil men in blue.

I wonder how many young people died from Freddie's drug dealing?

outa hand, John... you should tone down your rhetoric

Bob Adams
12-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Cheer up Phillip, the cops will be punished whether guilty or not.

KMacDonald
12-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Dirty cops but if found guilty the jury would be found..................
Of course it was a weak prosecution, it was rigged from the get go.

Michael D. Storey
12-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Go to Annapolis. It has great food, lots of boats, and sadly one less yacht club.

I forget the name, but I like the restaurant near the Severn Sailing Association.Cantler's

CWSmith
12-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Cantler's

Actually, I looked it up. I think it's Boatyard Bar & Grill. It's casual, but good. Not on the water, but a block off. It's over the bridge in Eastport.

Breakaway
12-16-2015, 09:53 PM
^ I like the Boatyard Bar and Grill--in the " Maritime Republic of Eastport."

Kevin