PDA

View Full Version : Cruz blows past Trump, in Iowa

Norman Bernstein
12-13-2015, 09:24 AM
Even though the GOP establishment hates Cruz, they're probably pleased that at least, he isn't Trump.

A new Des Moines Register/Bloomberg poll (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/12/12/big-shakeup-iowa-poll-cruz-soars-lead/77199800/) in Iowa finds Ted Cruz leading the GOP presidential race with 31%, followed by Donald Trump at 21%, Ben Carson at 13%, Marco Rubio at 10%, and Jeb Bush at 6%.

Key takeaway: “The anti-establishment congressional agitator has made a rapid ascent into the lead in the GOP presidential race here, with a 21 percentage-point leap that smashes records for upsurges in recent Iowa caucuses history.”

Said pollster Ann Selzer: “Big shakeup. This is a sudden move into a commanding position for Cruz.”

Paul Pless
12-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Iowa reds like to be lied to by Christian bigots? Is that the takeaway from this poll?

Norman Bernstein
12-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Iowa reds like to be lied to by Christian bigots? Is that the takeaway from this poll?

It has always seemed a bit strange to me, that Iowa would be considered any sort of bellwether for a national election. I mean, exactly HOW representative is Iowa, of the nation?

My idea: every primary and/or caucus should, by law, be held on the same day, at the same time.

Of course, that idea would go over like a lead balloon, among the political class.

Paul Pless
12-13-2015, 09:42 AM
I agree. The entirety if the way we run elections is hosed.

Garret
12-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Calling it a bellwether would be strong, but in some ways it is representative of the US. Different regions of the state are quite different, ranging from very Christian conservative to quite liberal. In some ways the state is quite progressive: 1st state with a bottle bill, way ahead of many on recycling, large amounts of wind power (& wind power equipment manufacturing), etc.

CWSmith
12-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Cruz actually worries me more than Trump. I think Cruz may be the next Joe McCarthy. Maybe I give Trump too much credit.

bobbys
12-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Cruz actually worries me more than Trump. I think Cruz may be the next Joe McCarthy. Maybe I give Trump too much credit.

Bobby Kennedy loved Joe McCarthy..

There Ya go ,a Kennedy is never wrong to a lib.

CWSmith
12-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Bobby Kennedy loved Joe McCarthy..

There Ya go ,a Kennedy is never wrong to a lib.

Right, then wrong. If only you knew when to stop.

Tell me, bobbys, you ever make a mistake and learn from it? Kennedy did. It's a sign of maturity.

RonW
12-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Can you say president Cruz ?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

bobbys
12-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Right, then wrong. If only you knew when to stop.

Tell me, bobbys, you ever make a mistake and learn from it? Kennedy did. It's a sign of maturity.

Now people , even here are proud to be commies.

JM was right, then right again.

bobbys
12-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Even though the GOP establishment hates Cruz, they're probably pleased that at least, he isn't Trump.

I have not endorsed anyone as if yet but TC would destroy Hillary or Bernie in a debate..

Course so would Sarah Palin.(I know , I just had to put that in there)lol

CWSmith
12-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Now people , even here are proud to be commies.

Who is a "commie"? I've known 2 or 3 in my life and I've never seen one here.

Chris Coose
12-13-2015, 12:14 PM

I have not endorsed anyone as if yet ........

We is sitting on pins and needles.