PDA

View Full Version : Key West, part deux.

Jim Bow
12-10-2015, 09:34 PM
I was hard on Key West in my initial post.
Some of you mentioned some up coming trips

Bagatelle for breakfast and dinner,
Mangoes for late lunch.
Key West Rum Distillery, buy a bottle of the Raw and Unfiltered. A deep dark brown, it gives you a wonderful glow.
Rodriguez Cigar Factory. Danny Rodriguez, proprietor. Dedicated to his grandpa, The Man, a Cuban cigar roller of the old school. Even if you don't buy a cigar, you will leave as Danny's friend.
Mam's Best Food, just off Duval on Petronia. Jewish food prepped by a Jewish Mother. It's in the front yard of an old Conch house. I had the best meatball sandwich. Delicious tomato cucumber and mayo dressing. I'm going back to get one for the flight home.

There ya go!

BrianW
12-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)

Jim Bow
12-10-2015, 10:22 PM
I ain't one of those Face booking Instagramers that takes pics of his food.
All the places other than Mam's Best Food have websites or Yelp pages.

Mam probably still uses a land line.

Dave Wright
12-10-2015, 11:39 PM
In the '80's I'd occasionally fly in to Key West for work. I'd catch a flight out of Miami just after 10 PM on an old DC3 that did the route. It was like travelling back in a time machine and walking out into the warm, moist, tropical night.

BrianW
12-11-2015, 01:45 AM
I ain't one of those Face booking Instagramers that takes pics of his food.
All the places other than Mam's Best Food have websites or Yelp pages.

Mam probably still uses a land line.

Okay, but you're bucking many years of Ye Olde Bilge tradition. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

:)

bobbys
12-11-2015, 05:33 AM
I was hard on Key West in my initial post.
Some of you mentioned some up coming trips

Bagatelle for breakfast and dinner,
Mangoes for late lunch.
Key West Rum Distillery, buy a bottle of the Raw and Unfiltered. A deep dark brown, it gives you a wonderful glow.
Rodriguez Cigar Factory. Danny Rodriguez, proprietor. Dedicated to his grandpa, The Man, a Cuban cigar roller of the old school. Even if you don't buy a cigar, you will leave as Danny's friend.
Mam's Best Food, just off Duval on Petronia. Jewish food prepped by a Jewish Mother. It's in the front yard of an old Conch house. I had the best meatball sandwich. Delicious tomato cucumber and mayo dressing. I'm going back to get one for the flight home.

There ya go!.

Yer sins are forgiven son, go and sin no more.

George Jung
12-11-2015, 07:48 AM
You paint a nice picture....

close enough!

But now I'm hungry.

Garret
12-11-2015, 08:00 AM
I haven't been to KW in a couple of years but was told that Bagatelle had closed. It hasn't? Please say it hasn't - best carpaccio I've had.