PDA

View Full Version : New WoodenBoat Website up and running

Q.Foster
12-09-2015, 02:11 PM
The new WoodenBoat website is up and running at:

www.woodenboat.com (http://www.woodenboat.com)

You will find videos, boat plans, and articles of interest to wooden boat lovers. You will find a link to The WoodenBoat STORE, just in time for holiday shopping, as well as this FORUM, and a link to the hidden jewel, the WoodenBoat SCHOOL.

You can find the ever-popular BOATS FOR SALE section, with wooden boats large and small listed by type of boat. It is searchable, so if you are looking for a Concordia yawl, you will have several to choose from. To list your boat for sale, you can upload the listing and photos, and prepay using your credit card.

If you already own a significant wooden boat, you might want to list her in the REGISTER OF WOODEN BOATS. You can upload up to five photos, and enter whatever details best describe your vessel. The boat has to be made of wood, and be more than 10’ in length. Your email and contact information is now protected from spammers.

If you just completed and launched a wooden boat, you can list it with pride in the Boat Launchings section. You’ll find 20 Nutshell Prams from around the world, posted by their proud owner/builders. Sign in for free and post your boat for all to see.

Our Facebook page is accessible through the HOME page, and has over 120,000 LIKES. It updates daily with news and interesting boating posts.

And don’t forget that you can search the back issues, buy the issue with the topic you want in it, or search your own WoodenBoat Library shelf.

Of course, you will find a way to easily subscribe to WoodenBoat Magazine, or Small Boats Monthly. Or check out a free digital sample of either one.

WoodenBoat’s staff, particularly webmaster Greg Summers, has been working to make the new site easier to navigate, and work responsively on tablets, phones, and desktop screens.

Check it Out at: www.woodenboat.com (http://www.woodenboat.com)

And finally, check out the top of the left column headed by Remembering TIDBIT. BY:D Thanks Joe!

rbgarr
12-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks Queene,

I love those TIDBIT videos of Joe's, especially the one taken using a selfie-stick. I suspect he had the motor running because he never showed the transom, but the music and effort to put it together and share it with all is what counts.

Joe (SoCal)
12-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Thanks Queene,

I love those TIDBIT videos of Joe's, especially the one taken using a selfie-stick. I suspect he had the motor running because he never showed the transom, but the music and effort to put it together and share it with all is what counts.

Some were motor sailing, some were sailing, and some were motoring :)

Thad
12-11-2015, 09:52 AM
You're still here, Joe!! Hope all is good!

Ian McColgin
12-20-2015, 09:49 AM
My problem with the new web site is two fold.

The old site had two ways to log in. One worked for me and the other did not. They seem to have preserved the one that did not. So I can't as of now use the digital subscription I paid for.

Secondly and most annoyingly, I cannot find a way to contact them to register my problem. It may be on the site someplace and I've just gone past it, as happens in the supermarket or when trying to find the drill bit I just set down. But absent contact, the digital subscription is a waste of my money.

Scot
12-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Hi Ian:

Here's the link for the paid digital subscription to WB:
http://digital.woodenboat.com/

That's located on the "tab" at the top, MAGAZINES.

That's the paid digital subscription, although from your description, my guess is you may be referring to the now defunct Paid Subscriber section of the Site which has indeed been done away with. (It was open to any subscribers--print or digital.) But that section wasn't actually the digital subscription to WB section. Instead it was a portal to the postings from the library, plus a few (maybe two years) back issues in digital format, as well as the no longer published Maritime Life mag. Most of the content, like those nice vids from the library, are now found under the "RESOURCES" tab, and they are now open to all viewers of the site.

If you were using that Login link at the very upper right of the WoodenBoat.com page, that's for updating postings on the site, like updating your Register of Wooden Boats listing, or you launchings posting, kits & plans, etc.

And lastly, that "contact us" page is also under the Magazines tab, Subscription Services.

Hope that helps.

-Scot

Ian McColgin
12-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Thank you Scot. I'll try it in a bit.

Hunky Dory
12-22-2015, 12:02 PM
So is the photo album section gone other than launchings?

Scot
12-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Yes, that photo album section is gone now, and you are correct... the launchings section is indeed available.

-Scot

Hunky Dory
12-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks Scot,I have been poking around a little and sometimes takes me a while to navigate new websites.

Bob

dskira
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM
How to renew my subscription online?
Thank you

Scot
08-05-2016, 11:41 AM
How to renew my subscription online?
Thank you

We're in transition to our new fulfillment outfit in Ohio, and the "renewal" (as opposed to "new subscription") part of on-line subscriptions is not yet set. So, you could email: WoodenBoat@sfsdayton.com

or call

1-800-877-5284

-Scot