PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail

Rum_Pirate
10-26-2015, 11:42 PM
I have a hotmail email account that I rarely use.
Need to access it to check if I have been sent any more emails.
Can't remember the password (other than it is a bunch of random letters and numbers) and the secondary email address I used is no longer there.
It can be accessed from my computer in the office, but my laptop (no password).

How can I find out the email password?

Dave Wright
10-27-2015, 12:41 AM
You'll have to go through the process of creating a new password for your account.

I noticed that Microsoft made format changes to hotmail / outlook last night which result in a less ideal format (at least for me) on my Android tablet. My IPod touch, Windows laptop, and Windows desk top still have usable formats. I get a bit tired of Microsoft making "improvement's."

Rum_Pirate
10-27-2015, 05:49 AM
You'll have to go through the process of creating a new password for your account.

I noticed that Microsoft made format changes to hotmail / outlook last night which result in a less ideal format (at least for me) on my Android tablet. My IPod touch, Windows laptop, and Windows desk top still have usable formats. I get a bit tired of Microsoft making "improvement's."

I can create a new password but they send it to the other email account which has closed. :o

oznabrag
10-27-2015, 08:17 AM
If your office computer can access it, what's the problem?

Paul Pless
10-27-2015, 08:19 AM
I noticed that Microsoft made format changes to hotmail / outlook last night which result in a less ideal format (at least for me) on my Android tablet. My IPod touch, Windows laptop, and Windows desk top still have usable formats. I get a bit tired of Microsoft making "improvement's."agreed

i've had a hotmail account for a long time, but the recent changes have me put off enough that i'm gonna retire it

Rum_Pirate
10-27-2015, 08:45 AM
If your office computer can access it, what's the problem? If my office computer goes 'belly up' I am then in dire straights.

Paul Pless
10-27-2015, 08:54 AM
If my office computer goes 'belly up' I am then in dire straights.Your fooked. You can't even go in and change you account settings to add a second contact email or phone number without your password, even if you're already logged in.

You should probably go in and back it up and copy your address book now while you can. Regardless of whether your office computer goes belly up, hotmail may log you out from time to time if they perceive a security issue.

oznabrag
10-27-2015, 09:02 AM
If my office computer goes 'belly up' I am then in dire straights.

Is not your password saved on your computer/browser?

If not, how can you be accessing that account at all?

SchoonerRat
10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
You should be able to access the password from your browser on your office computer. It will be in your security settings, probably in the browser's prefs. What browser are you using?

Rum_Pirate
10-27-2015, 12:43 PM
You should be able to access the password from your browser on your office computer. It will be in your security settings, probably in the browser's prefs. What browser are you using?
Safari.

It says 'Safari is trying to show passwords. Type in your password to allow this.'

bob winter
10-27-2015, 12:53 PM
What version of safari and on what platform?

Rum_Pirate
10-27-2015, 01:20 PM
What version of safari and on what platform?

Safari Version 6.2.8 (8537.85.17.9.1)

Apple OS X 10.8.5

SchoonerRat
10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
For Safari on Mac, click on the "Safari" menu right next to the Apple in the upper left of your desktop. Choose "Preferences" and then click on the "Passwords" tab at the top of the Preferences window. Find the Hotmail entry in the list and select it. Click on the empty box next to "Show Passwords for Selected Sites" to put a check in it. You'll need to enter an administrator name and password. You might need to get these from your IT department or have an IT guy do it for you if they won't give you a password.

This is for Safari Version 9.0 but I think it will be the same for your older version. It's a good idea to keep your software current.

Rum_Pirate
10-27-2015, 03:33 PM
For Safari on Mac, click on the "Safari" menu right next to the Apple in the upper left of your desktop. Choose "Preferences" and then click on the "Passwords" tab at the top of the Preferences window. Find the Hotmail entry in the list and select it. Click on the empty box next to "Show Passwords for Selected Sites" to put a check in it. You'll need to enter an administrator name and password. You might need to get these from your IT department or have an IT guy do it for you if they won't give you a password.

This is for Safari Version 9.0 but I think it will be the same for your older version. It's a good idea to keep your software current.

Excellent. Got it (AFTER REMEMBERING THE ADMIN PASSWORD) . Thanks. Y>

SchoonerRat
10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Glad to be able to help.