PDA

View Full Version : Question for Glenn.

bobbys
10-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Being as you are a older wise man I need to ask you this question, I doubt Yeadon knows.

I was watching non stop reruns of the Love boat.

Why do they keep showing fireworks ?.

I do not get it..

Is another ship in distress off in the distance?.

The Captain never seems to alter course to render assistance.

David G
10-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Don't know what he said, but I'm almost positive this will be appropriate --

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1385215_667378626614464_142506525_n.jpg?oh=1106abd 97d0341309e10c384c0724055&oe=5697586C

BrianW
10-04-2015, 02:47 PM
No real problems with the question or the grammar.

In a fun twist of irony, I won't see Glens response.

:D

David G
10-04-2015, 03:12 PM

I guessed wrong? Glad to hear it!! I'd call that progress for the little feller. Of course... I'd make the same bet again tomorrow <G>

seanz
10-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Being as you are a older wise man I need to ask you this question, I doubt Yeadon knows.

I do not get it..

What looks like fireworks is actually the exhaust from the love machine that powers the Love Boat.

Lew Barrett
10-04-2015, 03:36 PM

As a former English teacher I am moved to offer a single correction to bobbys's usage. It's usually the rule that "an" is used before a vowel and "a" before a consonant. So it should read:

"You are an older, wiser man........" I hope this has been instructive and useful to Bobbys. Otherwise this is a better than average post in respect to grammar and spelling on Bobbys's part.

Admittedly this is a soft rule but it holds true almost all the time.

ShagRock
10-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I guessed wrong?

As you often do. For Glen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwB5ayV0vQ

Glen Longino
10-04-2015, 03:43 PM

That is called willful ignorance, not irony!:)

David G
10-04-2015, 03:52 PM
As you often do. For Glen.

Wrong as to the facts. As you often are.

1. I don't often guess, but in this case... the bbbbbbster is on Ignore, so I was flying blind and placing my bet. But you clearly don't have a large enough sample size to characterize my Success Rate. All you have is your antipathy toward my antipathy toward all thing Trogdolytic.

2. Turns out I wasn't totally wrong after all (per the authority here, Lew). But I admit I wasn't as right as I'd imagined.

3. If you should decide to be gracious, and apologize for your ignorance/stupidity, know in advance that I shall be gracious also... and accept your chagrin and groveling with no hard feelings.

Glen Longino
10-04-2015, 03:56 PM

I do not get it..

Translation: Glennnnn, my brain has leaked from my ears...will you help me stuff it back in?

Glen: Of course I'll help you, bobbys....get me a magnifying glass and a teaspoon, little buddy!

Boater14
10-04-2015, 03:57 PM
As I recall, an overriding theme on that show was what they now call hooking up. I think the fireworks signified the culmination of the hookup. If you are tweeting your writing style, "being as you are older......" Might be, " since you are older and wiser" or, "given that you are older and wiser."

ShagRock
10-04-2015, 03:58 PM
If you should decide to be gracious, and apologize for your ignorance/stupidity, know in advance that I shall be gracious also... and accept your chagrin and groveling with no hard feelings.

Nah! You're a 'wordy' man with little wisdom.

David G
10-04-2015, 04:02 PM

No... you are too kind. Ask bbbbbbys... he'll tll you it's far worse than that! I knew I could pry a morsel of grace out of you.

ShagRock
10-04-2015, 04:10 PM
I knew I could pry a morsel of grace out of you.

I just saw the bar fly past the window.

Glen Longino
10-04-2015, 04:44 PM

Ha! You would not recognize wisdom if it crawled up your leg and played Handel's Messiah on a Harmonica!

ShagRock
10-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Ha! You would not recognize wisdom if it crawled up your leg and played Handel's Messiah on a Harmonica!

I don't play the harmonica. Do you?

Glen Longino
10-04-2015, 04:58 PM
"This message is hidden because ShagRock is on your ignore list.":):)

ShagRock
10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
"This message is hidden because ShagRock is on your ignore list.":):)

You can't ignore what you can't find.

Chip-skiff
10-04-2015, 05:20 PM
The fireworks?

A metaphor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEupNTQm-lA

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
10-04-2015, 06:31 PM
The fireworks mean they're "doin it" Bob.;)

David G
10-04-2015, 08:21 PM
You've all totally missed the fact that bobbys is mistaken. It wasn't "The Love Boat" that used fireworks. It was that other great program:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140516010507/logopedia/images/7/7e/Love-american-style-season-4.jpg

Wrong on the facts? Can't be bothered to get the story straight... even on such a simple matter? Tell me it ain't so! I thought he was a reformed character!!

Curtism
10-04-2015, 08:24 PM
What a loser . . . good grief!

David G
10-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Fredz... you're right... bbbbbbys is an incurable muddler. Thanks for pointing it out <G> 'cause what do I know about TV culture??

Glen Longino
10-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Well, gee. The point I was trying to make was that thru 21 posts (only three of which addressed the topic), nobody bothered to notice the major error within the post. Wasn't meant as a knock on bobbys in general.

:)Howdy, Fred...good to see you back around here!
Any knock on bobbys is a GOOD knock, IMO!:)

Michael D. Storey
10-04-2015, 09:50 PM

I do not get it..

The Captain never seems to alter course to render assistance.Love boat, right? Sex without fireworks, sex with fire works. Love Boat Fire works.
HowmI doin?

Vince Brennan
10-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Purty good, but... Shouldn't we ask MMD? He Loves Fire Boat Works....

bobbys
10-05-2015, 12:53 AM
What looks like fireworks is actually the exhaust from the love machine that powers the Love Boat.

lots hanky panky goes on on the love boat.

bobbys
10-05-2015, 12:55 AM
As a former English teacher I am moved to offer a single correction to bobbys's usage. It's usually the rule that "an" is used before a vowel and "a" before a consonant. So it should read:

"You are an older, wiser man........" I hope this has been instructive and useful to Bobbys. Otherwise this is a better than average post in respect to grammar and spelling on Bobbys's part.

Admittedly this is a soft rule but it holds true almost all the time..

Tanks Lew I proofed readied it but missed sum.

bobbys
10-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Wrong as to the facts. As you often are.

1. I don't often guess, but in this case... the bbbbbbster is on Ignore, so I was flying blind and placing my bet. But you clearly don't have a large enough sample size to characterize my Success Rate. All you have is your antipathy toward my antipathy toward all thing Trogdolytic.

2. Turns out I wasn't totally wrong after all (per the authority here, Lew). But I admit I wasn't as right as I'd imagined.

3. If you should decide to be gracious, and apologize for your ignorance/stupidity, know in advance that I shall be gracious also... and accept your chagrin and groveling with no hard feelings..

You need to admit you have no idea what goes on on the love boat, This is exsalty why I asked Glenn and not you.

bobbys
10-05-2015, 01:00 AM
As I recall, an overriding theme on that show was what they now call hooking up. I think the fireworks signified the culmination of the hookup. If you are tweeting your writing style, "being as you are older......" Might be, " since you are older and wiser" or, "given that you are older and wiser."

Not sure about older and wiser but of course one has to pump up glenn a bit before one can communicate with him..

He is not like Yeadon in where you can dive right in to da preposition .

bobbys
10-05-2015, 01:08 AM
The fireworks mean they're "doin it" Bob.;)

Why did not Glen just tell me this to begin with?

bobbys
10-05-2015, 01:10 AM
You've all totally missed the fact that bobbys is mistaken. It wasn't "The Love Boat" that used fireworks. It was that other great program:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140516010507/logopedia/images/7/7e/Love-american-style-season-4.jpg

I have to admit, not much gets buy you.

bobbys
10-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Love boat, right? Sex without fireworks, sex with fire works. Love Boat Fire works.
HowmI doin?

One has too ponder why we do not have great shows on like this anymore..

Boats, sex , fireworks.. Social directors, pools with bikinis , It's all there , What do we have here?.

Old farts drinking and talking politics?.

Me ?I would love to sail on that love boat!