PDA

View Full Version : Record 67 guns found at airports by the tsa

CK 17
09-28-2015, 03:28 AM
In one week.

These are people who have lost track of their weapons that tried to board a plane. Imagine how many lost track of their weapons that are around you everyday.

http://www.newsweek.com/guns-found-airports-weekly-record-377271

Shang
09-28-2015, 04:42 AM
Gee whiz! Sixty-seven flights would have been safer because sixty-seven Good Guys With Guns would have been on board.

Oh, wait a minute...some of those Good Guys might have doubled up, so there might have been two or three Good Gunmen on some flights.

It's also possible that some of those Pistol-Packers weren't Good Guys, but were Jock Strap Bombers who were just waiting for the chance to set their crotches on fire and bring the plane down.

And if some of those hip-flask gats were plants, put there to distract the TSA guys from fondling other people's junk, then the whole sixty-seven toad-poppers are subject to question.

I'll bet that if very many guns were being carried on board it would be really difficult to find overhead compartment space for our carry-on's...
Oh, wait a minute, it is really difficult!
There may be dozens and dozens of hog legs that are being carried on board because the TSA Coppers let them slip by the "Bend over and spread 'em" line in the terminal.

Paul Pless
09-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Gee whiz! Sixty-seven flights would have been safer because sixty-seven Good Guys With Guns would have been on board.

Oh, wait a minute...some of those Good Guys might have doubled up, so there might have been two or three Good Gunmen on some flights.

on the other hand, some of those good guys may have been carrying more than one gun. . .

Vince Brennan
09-28-2015, 07:37 AM
For those of us who do NOT (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/27/us-usa-airports-idUSKCN0RR0Y520150927) want to enrich NEWSWEEK.

(http://forum.woodenboat.com/a)

TerryLL
09-28-2015, 09:17 AM

I suspect a fair number of guns confiscated at airports are brought there by grandmothers with guns in their purses. Personal gun ownership is highest among the 65-plus age group, and there has been a sharp increase in CCW permits by seniors in recent years.

A thug should really think twice before trying to mug that little old blue-haired lady.

wizbang 13
09-28-2015, 09:25 AM
wonder how many eleven thousand dollar fines doled out,67?

TerryLL
09-28-2015, 09:37 AM
wonder how many eleven thousand dollar fines doled out,67?

I suspect for a case of forgetfulness, the fine is minimal and the gun is seized.

"The T.S.A. independently levies fines from $250 up to $11,000. But unless states decide to classify bringing a gun into security as a felony, these forgetful people will almost certainly continue to have the right to own, carry, and misplace their firearms, because basic responsibility hasn’t been made a prerequisite for gun ownership."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/opinion/guns-at-the-airport.html?_r=0

Gerarddm
09-28-2015, 09:42 AM
I find it inconceivable that someone 'forgets' they are packing when going to take a flight. If they are truly that clueless, then they should not be weapons owners. Dangerous people, them.

John of Phoenix
09-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Department of Homeland Security report found TSA airport screeners did not detect banned weapons in 67 of 70 tests at dozens of airport checkpoints.

They're finally finding some. One has to wonder how many are still getting through.

TerryLL
09-28-2015, 09:56 AM
I find it inconceivable that someone 'forgets' they are packing when going to take a flight. If they are truly that clueless, then they should not be weapons owners. Dangerous people, them.

I was in a knitting klatch a while ago, just an informal group of grandmothers knitting and chatting. We discovered that all but two of the ladies in our group were packing.

I will attest that forgetfulness happens in my age group.

John of Phoenix
09-28-2015, 10:00 AM
I was in a knitting klatch a while ago, just an informal group of grandmothers knitting and chatting. We discovered that all but two of the ladies in our group were packing.

I will attest that forgetfulness happens in my age group.Here's a project idea - knit up a comfy shoulder holster. I never could find one that didn't dig into my armpits.

TerryLL
09-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Here's a project idea - knit up a comfy shoulder holster. I never could find one that didn't dig into my armpits.

I think you would rock a paisley man purse.

David W Pratt
09-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Article fails to mention how many shot

Canoez
09-28-2015, 11:30 AM
This is the statement that I found kind of appalling - particularly when you figure these folks likely didn't remember they had a gun in the bag:

22 had a round chambered, TSA said.

Tom Wilkinson
09-28-2015, 11:34 AM
This is the statement that I found kind of appalling - particularly when you figure these folks likely didn't remember they had a gun in the bag:

That's just how casual we are about carrying guns in this country. People forget they even have them.

Shang
09-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Back in the days when I was making films there were only two places where 16 mm. color film could be purchased. Both were in New York and both demanded cash on the barrelhead. So every couple of months I'd make a film run, flying Mohawk airline from Syracuse to the city, carrying a large wad of cash. As we all know there are people on the street in New York who can smell money at a considerable distance and recognize the sort of people who might be carrying it. My ploy was to dress to look poor and mean--washed out jeans and a dirty sweat shirt, and I carried an army surplus gas mask bag over my shoulder. That's where the money was. In my pocket was a .380 Beretta automatic. Those were the days, my friend, it never occurred to the airlines to inquire if their passengers were carrying, because it never occurred to anybody to hijack an airliner except for a few homesick Cubans. Now days the airlines have gone all muley on us and won't let us pack artillery. But whuthehell, nobody's got any money any more, so there's nothing to protect.