PDA

View Full Version : The other side of the Pope's visit.

John Smith
09-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Met a woman yesterday who is not happy. Her daughter's wedding was to be in Philadelphia today. It was planned nearly a year ago.

Not everyone in or around Philly is a Catholic, or even a believer. One hell of a lot of lives got screwed up over his visit. I hope he issues some form of apology for that to those who suffered such disturbances.

I keep asking what we trust in God to do. Obviously, no one trusts God to keep the Pope safe; that's why so much security is in place. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for all those who are happy, but I wonder if someone other than the taxpayer is footing the bill for the Pope's massive security.

A hundred years ago, it would be necessary for him to physically come to places here to speak to people. With today's technology he can speak to people anywhere in the US without actually coming here.

I'm just pointing out that not everyone is happy the Pope came.

I also saw a small piece on him blessing people in the crowd. Didn't have to do it individually, Kind of got everyone all at once. Apparently that, also, could be done electronically.

CWSmith
09-26-2015, 02:20 PM
John, this is tiresome.

BrianW
09-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Shades of the First Ladies vacations....

skuthorp
09-26-2015, 04:00 PM
Every time we get some senior US government official visiting that happens here. And then there's those OPEC, APEC, whatever meetings……………….. Get over it.