PDA

View Full Version : There is hope for the world...

Norman Bernstein
09-15-2015, 12:54 PM
..at least, I'd like to think so:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/newlyweds-feed-syrian-refugees-at-their-wedding-1.3180654

David G
09-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Of course there is. There always is. It's our job to foster that hope. To encourage and actualize it - in all ways large and small.

CWSmith
09-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Good people. If ever there is a day when one should not have to worry about any obligations, and yet look at what they did!

Norman Bernstein
09-15-2015, 01:21 PM
What a bunch of bs, "thousands" ......this is more like hold my beer, turn the camera on and lets hit the internet.

If they had enough food to feed an extra 50 I'd say good for them and poor planning on the whomever was in charge of the food.

Amazing how people eat this internet garbage up.

Suppose the article claimed that only 50 or 100 people were fed....

...exactly what disparagement would you use to poop all over such a beautiful thing? After all, you would NEVER indicate the slightest positive sentiment about someone doing a good deed.

I'm glad I don't live in your world, which is dark, cruel, and extraordinarily selfish.

Norman Bernstein
09-15-2015, 02:07 PM
I posted what I thought was a really uplifting story.... it was an unusual story, in that it was a Turkish couple who sacrificed their wedding ceremony on behalf of refugees; the Turks, in general, have not been noted for humanitarianism and compassion in this crisis, so that made the story unusual.... yes, it was a feel good story, and the number of people they may or may not have actually fed wasn't really the point....

...and what I got, for this expression of humanity, was blowback by a couple of a$$hats who nearly ALWAYS have something negative to say... even in the face of such an uplifting story.

I don't know from what exceptionally dark place these people come from... but I had reason to smile when I posted the story, and I guess that there are people in this world who never miss an opportunity to put a dark cloud over an optimistic head. I try to avoid people like that, as much as possible.

ccmanuals
09-15-2015, 02:20 PM
blowback by a couple of a$$hats who nearly ALWAYS have something negative to say... even in the face of such an uplifting story.

Norm, it's what they do. Completely ignore them. You will feel better. The rest of us like to read uplifting stories.

John of Phoenix
09-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Show of hands, please. Who here lives their lives in constant fear with a gun within arm's reach day in and out?

Ron, of course.

Anyone else? No one. Carry on.

:D LMAO :D

Norman Bernstein
09-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Wow, didn't realize that Turkish people had no compassion.

I was referring to how the Turkish government has reacted to this crisis... of course, you knew that, but you never pass up an opportunity to make a disparaging comment.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/29-ways-to-carry-out-random-acts-of-kindness-every-day.html

Yes, random acts of kindness do indeed occur, every day, all over the world.....

...which leads me to wonder just WHAT your motivation was to make a snide and offensive remark, when someone points out a random act of kindness.

"PSR is all about doing to others what you would like others do to you.

So, let's see.... you want others to piss all over whatever remarks you make here in the bilge, even if they have nothing to do with you, and aren't a disparagement of others?

Peerie Maa
09-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Norm, it's what they do. Completely ignore them. You will feel better. The rest of us like to read uplifting stories.

^ What he said. Both are a waste of bandwidth.

Norman Bernstein
09-15-2015, 02:48 PM

They certainly are, but it just royally pisses me off. All I did was pay a compliment to a random act of kindness... and not an insignificant one... and these jerks come along and have to piss all over it.... simply because it was *I* who posted it. .

John of Phoenix
09-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Don't take it so personally, Norman. They despise everyone. Progressives, they hate.

ron ll
09-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Why do you guys even respond to these two guys? Their lives are miserable, don't let them drag you into their caves.

TomF
09-15-2015, 03:05 PM
You're saying that if you'd been born Syrian, that you, RonW of the Great Heart, would have rallied all comers to toss out Assad, and end his incredibly well earned reputation for repression, torture, and brutality? Or would you have taken on his father, and never let the current b@stard come to power? Or perhaps, you'd embrace Assad's literally blood-curdling torture and repression in order to stare down the ISIS zealots, who seem to be among the only ones still alive of the folks who tried to oust Assad when this party started?

Over 320K Syrians have died in the civil war since 2011; that's about 1.4% of Syria's 2013 population, or about as many people as live today in Tampa Florida. Too bad more of them didn't stand up on their hind legs, eh? What if one in 10 had died instead? That woulda been much better. If you figure your own superior bravery, skills, or sheer cussedness and grit would have led you to any different result, feel free to go put a stop to things. Succeed and I'll nominate you for the Nobel. Fail, and you'll maybe help them break 2%.

OTOH, if all you can do is question the manhood of guys who take it on themselves to risk all they own to get their wife, children and inlaws through that smoking, ruined gauntlet of radicals, crooks and violence to a place where they might just stay alive, just STFU. Sometimes, choosing to live is actually a much harder thing than choosing to die.

John of Phoenix
09-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Why do you guys even respond to these two guys? Their lives are miserable, don't let them drag you into their caves.Two GUYS? Delecta is a GUY?

What the hell kind of name is DELECTA for a GUY?

PeterSibley
09-15-2015, 03:11 PM
So who if anyone remembers what JFK said about the viet nam war ?

He said there ain't gonna be a war, this is a internal civil war and it is up to those little Asians to learn to take control of their country and fend for themselves, it is not up to america to spill american blood and tax payers money to see to their needs. Wow this was a democrat and obviously not a bleeding heart one.

Of course the military complex wasn't very happy with his decision, and the same day that LBJ took office, he said the war is back on.

and that worked out so well didn't it ? Ron wants the Vietnam War all over again. Twit.

David G
09-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Just the usual jackassery from the usual jackasserists.

John of Phoenix
09-15-2015, 03:17 PM
You had better reread what I said and try again, because you have it backwards, but that ain't nothing new with your australian version of american politics...Maybe you'd better rewrite it. He's not alone.

switters
09-15-2015, 03:17 PM
What a bunch of bs, "thousands" ......this is more like hold my beer, turn the camera on and lets hit the internet.

If they had enough food to feed an extra 50 I'd say good for them and poor planning on the whomever was in charge of the food.

Amazing how people eat this internet garbage up.

Several sources quote 4,000. I cannot find a single source debunking this story, not even Breitbart, http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/08/07/turkish-couple-skips-wedding-reception-feeds-syrian-refugees-instead/

Put up

CWSmith
09-15-2015, 03:20 PM

Ditto. They cynicism of some really does speak volumes.

PeterSibley
09-15-2015, 03:21 PM
You had better reread what I said and try again, because you have it backwards, but that ain't nothing new with your australian version of american politics...

I have , maybe you can edit your post to make your attitude clear .....

PeterSibley
09-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Next time pick a TRUE story and you won't be b-rated. It's nice to see that your support team came to rub your back and tell you what a good person you are and keep up the good work.

There are so many feel good stories all across American, you choosing a fake one from Turkey and then throw an ethnic slur into the mix, you should be called out.

I'm done, you know what you did.

So Breitbar is wrong again... cool.

Turkish newlyweds Fethullah Uzumcuoglu and Esra Polat decided to skip the usual wedding reception and spend their big day, still dressed tux and bridal gown, distributing food to starving Syrian refugees.

“The idea came from the groom’s father, who volunteers for a Turkish relief organization called Kimse Yok Mu (KYM),” explains the Daily Beast. “For the past few years, KYM has distributed daily meals to the thousands of impoverished Syrians who’ve flooded across the nearby border. He approached a representative of the organization and proposed that the family would cover part of the costs of feeding refugees for the day (the family did not want to reveal the exact cost).”
The groom was said to be quickly won over by this idea, while the bride is delicately described as being “really shocked” at first, since “you can imagine, as a bride, you wouldn’t think about this – it’s all about you and your groom,” in the words of KYM international communications manager Hatice Avci.

Avci went on to praise the southeastern Turkish culture of “sharing with people in need,” saying “they love to share their food, their table, everything they have.”
The refugee situation in the border town of Kilis is astounding — it’s a city of 108,000 currently hosting 123,000 Syrian refugees, with construction of a new camp recently announced by the Turkish government.

Avci described the couple as pleased with their decision to feed the hungry in lieu of a conventional wedding feast, and hopeful that others may follow their example. She said the groom told her “the best moment of his wedding was when they had the food distribution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/08/07/turkish-couple-skips-wedding-reception-feeds-syrian-refugees-instead/

switters
09-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Hilarious when I find out I'm on another ignore list.

John of Phoenix
09-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Can you imagine if my screen name was Harmony? :D Hilarious!

Well, you'll always be Cupcake to me.

S.V. Airlie
09-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Norman Bernstein -

Hey norm, how big is your house, how many bedrooms, what about the basement, how's your income, what about savings, and then how about liquidating some of those assets.

So just how many illegal aliens or refugees can you take in, feed, shelter, clothes, supply utilities for and don't forget to send them to college so they have a fair chance of making it on their own.....

Oh wait was this for everybody else and not you....Hey RonW, how big is your cave? Is your outhouse big enough? How are the flies where you live? Are you surrounded by an Ohio dump yard or garbage dump? Do you own a boat?:( You ask questions that are personal as you say, but won't answer anyone else's

Too Little Time
09-15-2015, 07:12 PM
..at least, I'd like to think so:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/newlyweds-feed-syrian-refugees-at-their-wedding-1.3180654

It appears it is not an unusual story. I have recently read many stories of people serving water and food to refugees passing through.

There are a lot of good helpful people around.

David G
09-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Is that what you and your cronies on this forum are doing? Could have fooled me.

Hey MM - In past years we had a cordial relationship. That seems to have changed for some reason. I know you're going thru a lot, with getting/staying dry, and with your confusion about your own gender identification. I sympathize. I really do. We all have our trials... but you seem to have been blessed with a whole boatload of them. I hope you manage to wrestle them to a standstill, and eventually overcome them. I know from personal experience that such trials can be the springboard for a bunch of personal growth. I hope yours are such a catalyst for you.

Meantime, you seem to lashing out a good bit. That's understandable. Not particularly unusual. But I doubt it's going to be a good coping mechanism for you in the long run. Maybe sharing the misery eases the pressure. Maybe you think being irritating will show you who your true friends are. Maybe I have no clue as to what motivates such behavior. And maybe it'd be better to tell us from the heart what you're really going through. You did some of that on the thread about being transgender. It was a shock to many, and you got a real mixed bag of responses. But there were a number of folks who were supportive of your getting to know yourself better. My advice - if you're ready to hear it - is: more of that; less lashing out. Good luck.

Boston
09-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Good for them. That was a beautiful way to share their happy day

David G
09-15-2015, 09:49 PM
50 people you could pay attention to --

http://robgreenfield.tv/people/

David G
09-15-2015, 09:53 PM
More about the current mass migration --

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/western-europe/2015-09-14/truth-about-migrant-crisis