PDA

View Full Version : Manual outboard?

Dubb
10-24-2000, 08:28 PM
Many years ago, my father owned a hand-pumped "outboard motor." This was a completely manual deal, and it looked similar to an electric motor except that it had a pump handle that turned the propellor. Is anyone still making these. It would be ideal on a dinghy. Thanks.

Dubb
Many years ago, my father owned a hand-pumped "outboard motor." This was a completely manual deal, and it looked similar to an electric motor except that it had a pump handle that turned the propellor. Is anyone still making these. It would be ideal on a dinghy. Thanks.

Dubb

TomRobb
10-25-2000, 07:48 AM
Sounds like a lot of work. Wouldn't one of those bicycle peddled affairs be easier? Not to mention oars. Remember the KISS principle.

TomRobb
Sounds like a lot of work. Wouldn't one of those bicycle peddled affairs be easier? Not to mention oars. Remember the KISS principle.

TomRobb