PDA

View Full Version : What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

TerryLL
08-11-2015, 09:58 AM
A heavily armed militia group has arrived in Ferguson. Their mission is to protect a group of reporters working for a right-wind radio personality.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/presence-of-militia-style-group-oath-keepers-in-ferguson-questioned/

David G
08-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Christ on a crutch...

CK 17
08-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Who's protecting whom from what? Are these the guys that had their guns trained on the BLM to protect protesters. Who are they pointing their guns at today?

Canoez
08-11-2015, 10:10 AM
A heavily armed militia group has arrived in Ferguson. Their mission is to protect a group of reporters working for a right-wind radio personality.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/presence-of-militia-style-group-oath-keepers-in-ferguson-questioned/

Somebody from InfoWars. Appropriately named as the organization seems to make war on information and truth.

Reynard38
08-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Does this mean that the military recruiting stations are now unguarded?

OTOH this could make nightly news more interesting. Inner city thugs and RW militia. Both armed to the teeth. This has the potential to raise the collective IQ of the nation!

TomF
08-11-2015, 10:21 AM
... Inner city thugs and RW militia. Both armed to the teeth. This has the potential to raise the collective IQ of the nation!I admire your command of gallows humour.

CWSmith
08-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Self-important nut jobs. Maybe the sight of militia and police dying will wake this country to the reality of this kind of behavior.

TerryLL
08-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Self-important nut jobs. Maybe the sight of militia and police dying will wake this country to the reality of this kind of behavior.

Or maybe the mix of armed protestors, armed riot police, and armed militia will lead to a full-tilt civil uprising.

CWSmith
08-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Or maybe the mix of armed protestors, armed riot police, and armed militia will lead to a full-tilt civil uprising.

I do believe that the behavior of many of those predicting the collapse of society can be the best way to drive this country toward such a collapse. Society exists as a result of cooperation enforced by the rule of law. Militia do not reinforce society. They undermine it. Nut jobs.

TerryLL
08-11-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm starting to think of America as some war torn third world country.

It is, in many ways.

Society exists as a result of cooperation enforced by the rule of law.

There seems to be less of that every day.

CWSmith
08-11-2015, 12:40 PM
There seems to be less of that every day.

Amen.

I had some guy come into my store the other day. Some feeble looking old man with what appeared to be a 32 semi auto on his hip. I could have taken his gun and beat him unconscious with it. I never will forget the look of fear he had. We have to get rid of guns! The open carry laws are going to be the death of our country!

Doesn't this run to the heart of it? We have created a society of fear. Partly, it may be the nightly news "if it bleeds it leads", but it's also a deliberate tactic of right-wing "journalists" who build their reputation telling people what, who and why to fear.

I don't know what kind of store you run, but if the old guy was frightened just walking in then he's frightened on the street and probably every time there is a knock on the door. Letting him have a gun is a recipe for disaster.

bobbys
08-11-2015, 12:52 PM

Pretty stupid for these milita types to show up there.

All it does is gives liberals a chance to equate 5 militia idiots with the whole right while ignoring the thousands of democrats rioting against democrat policies.

CK 17
08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
I had some guy come into my store the other day. Some feeble looking old man with what appeared to be a 32 semi auto on his hip. I could have taken his gun and beat him unconscious with it. I never will forget the look of fear he had. We have to get rid of guns! The open carry laws are going to be the death of our country!
My first officer is well acquainted with police training. He say recruits spend weeks in the academy with a plastic gun in their holster. The whole time it's fair game by anyone. This results in a cop that's well aware of who around them and threats to their weapon.

Thats almost the the same training as what an open carry enthusiast gets;)

John of Phoenix
08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

Rich Jones
08-11-2015, 02:04 PM
This is insanity. I'm starting to think of America as some war torn third world country. I hope they get their asses shot off.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just wish the idiots would drop their guns, crawl back into their caves and evolve as decent humans.

Chris Coose
08-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Alex Jones must be needing a little bit more public attention. Since a former, now banned, crazed, conspiracy theorist bilge poster opened the door to his hero, I occasionally update myself on Alex Jones.

He continues to be a very dangerous character who could be catalytic is touching off his insane predictions.

Osborne Russell
08-11-2015, 06:23 PM
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

. . . and an AR-15, should the cross and flag be insufficiently awesome.

TerryLL
08-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Since a former, now banned, crazed, conspiracy theorist bilge poster...

I had the strong suspicion that the person of whom you speak and Alex Jones were the same person.

Phillip Allen
08-11-2015, 06:32 PM
someone threw a firecracker in the hen house... again