PDA

View Full Version : Again.

Canoez
07-17-2015, 07:33 AM
3 year-old girl shoots self with gun.
(http://www.kctv5.com/story/29559051/family-member-says-3-year-old-dies-after-shooting-herself)
Lock em up. Please.

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Thirty frikin' dollars.

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/images/large/BD1150SM_Open_LRG.jpg

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Thirty frikin' dollars.

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/images/large/BD1150SM_Open_LRG.jpgYup! I wasa at a bike shop one day and this guy in front of me asked for the cheapest bike helmet he could buy! Lordy, his bike probably cost 2 grand! AND his life must be worth more than a cheap helmet! But, people are not necessarily smart about some things!

Phillip Allen
07-17-2015, 09:00 AM
I wonder if the cheapest helmet was DOT approved?

Canoez
07-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Yup! I wasa at a bike shop one day and this guy in front of me asked for the cheapest bike helmet he could buy! Lordy, his bike probably cost 2 grand! AND his life must be worth more than a cheap helmet! But, people are not necessarily smart about some things!

People will spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to buy a gun and all the related supplies - ammunition, slings, holsters, hearing and eye protection, scopes, magazines, reloading equipment, etc. But won't spend money to keep it secure and save lives.

CK 17
07-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Keeping a gun secure is a start down that slippery slope of banning all guns. . .

John Smith
07-17-2015, 09:20 AM
2nd amendment at work, the way we've interpreted it.

Canoez
07-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Keeping a gun secure is a start down that slippery slope of banning all guns. . .

Needed a sarcasm smiley there...

Steve McMahon
07-17-2015, 09:27 AM
At least they are free.....

CK 17
07-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Needed a sarcasm smiley there...

actually, I believe I've seen arguments against locking up guns. I really believe some would see it as a slippery slope.
Let's try a little experiment; let's try and pass a law requiring all guns be locked up and let's see if the NRA supports it.

Canoez
07-17-2015, 09:31 AM
actually, I believe I've seen arguments against locking up guns. I really believe some would see it as a slippery slope.
Let's try a little experiment; let's try and pass a law requiring all guns be locked up and let's see if the NRA supports it.

So have I. Most of the arguments against locking up guns revolve around self-defense and most have been shown to be, well, bogus. There are safes to allow quick access for personal defense.

Let's try a little thought experiment. Lock up your guns yourself and take responsibility, so you don't need a law requiring it.

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Let's try a little experiment; let's try and pass a law requiring all guns be locked up and let's see if the NRA supports it.Only if they can get the gun safe manufacturers to stuff mass quantities of cash into their coffers.

"Freedom ain't free" ya know.

Peerie Maa
07-17-2015, 10:28 AM
Only if they can get the gun safe manufacturers to stuff mass quantities of cash into their coffers.

"Freedom ain't free" ya know.

That's one 3yo girl who no longer has the "Freedom" to live her life.

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Collateral damage so others can be armed!:)

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Just to make Phillip happy, when I get home Im a gonna empty the gun safe. There'll be pistols, shotguns, and rifles laying around every where. I think I'll even put a bowl in the foyer full of miscellaneous cartridges. Seems like a good grass roots way to undemonize the simple tools we call guns. Bunch of frikking hoplophobes. . .

Canoez
07-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Don't forget to invite the neighborhood kids over, Paul.

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Just to make Phillip happy, when I get home Im a gonna empty the gun safe. There'll be pistols, shotguns, and rifles laying around every where. I think I'll even put a bowl in the foyer full of miscellaneous cartridges. Seems like a good grass roots way to undemonize the simple tools we call guns. Bunch of frikking hoplophobes. . .Don't put any candy in that bowl. You wouldn't want to be responsible for any cavities.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 11:52 AM
How do y'all think an AR would look hanging above the fireplace? Maybe a couple of 1911's bracketing it on the mantel. Cocked and locked of course. I just love saying that. Cocked and Locked

Tom Wilkinson
07-17-2015, 11:56 AM
You have a lock on your door right? And house is wood framed? Perfect. Should meet the standard of a well constructed wood box with a lock.

Good job Paul. Glad to see you leading the charge.

Canoez
07-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Ah. Grandpa's AR over the fireplace. Lovely. Sure it is a large enough caliber?

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 11:59 AM
How do y'all think an AR would look hanging above the fireplace? Maybe a couple of 1911's bracketing it on the mantel. Cocked and locked of course. I just love saying that. Cocked and LockedWith a fixed bayonet. I just love saying that - "FIX... BAYONETS!" Try it. God, what a rush!

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:00 PM
You have a lock on your door right?I think I locked the door once sever years ago. I don't recall why. Maybe I was afraid someone would walk in on Nico and inadvertantly wake him from his nap on the couch.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Good job Paul. Glad to see you leading the charge.don't mention it, it was nothing really. . .

John Smith
07-17-2015, 12:04 PM

Of course they won't. Let's be real. A gun that is locked up is likely not going to come in very handy if/when it is needed in a hurry. On the other hand, I think gun owners should be held accountable when their gun falls into the wrong hands, and they should be required to carry gun insurance.

Require insurance is something the NRA might go along with.

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 12:04 PM
You characters are a bit too much today! Funny in the worst possible way. Wonder if Phillip is spying on this thread? Hope so!

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 12:09 PM
they should be required to carry gun insurance.And price the poor folks out of being able to afford a gun? May as well repeal the 2nd altogether.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the NRA subsidized guns and ammo for low income folks?

CK 17
07-17-2015, 12:14 PM
How do y'all think an AR would look hanging above the fireplace? Maybe a couple of 1911's bracketing it on the mantel. Cocked and locked of course. I just love saying that. Cocked and Locked
Are you an ammosexual?

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the NRA subsidized guns and ammo for low income folks?That's means spending NRA money. Not gonna happen.

Here's the way to do it. Any weapons/ammunition confiscated by law enforcement must be distributed through local food banks.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Are you an ammosexual?

I do subscribe to Guns and Boobies Magazine.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:17 PM
That's means spending NRA money. Not gonna happen.

Here's the way to do it. Any weapons/ammunition confiscated by law enforcement must be distributed through local food banks.

Now that is fooking brilliant!

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 03:05 PM
I do subscribe to Guns and Boobies Magazine.I'm more into Guns and Roses!