PDA

View Full Version : Good on You Alaska

ccmanuals
07-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Alaska will become the 30th state to accept Obamacare’s optional Medicaid expansion, after Gov. Bill Walker announced today that he will use his executive power to bypass the GOP-controlled legislature and implement the policy on his own.

Phillip Allen
07-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Alaska will become the 30th state to accept Obamacare’s optional Medicaid expansion, after Gov. Bill Walker announced today that he will use his executive power to bypass the GOP-controlled legislature and implement the policy on his own.

bypassing the legislature? so much for representation, I guess

S.V. Airlie
07-16-2015, 08:02 PM
He probably tried Phillip but, as usual, the Rep. Legislature demonstrated that they don't care about people and he saw two things; how the wind is blowing and how badly those going without are faring.

Phillip Allen
07-16-2015, 08:16 PM
He probably tried Phillip but, as usual, the Rep. Legislature demonstrated that they don't care about people and he saw two things; how the wind is blowing and how badly those going without are faring.

it's also quite possible that the legislators were doing their job and the governor wanted to dictate... ever consider what it would LOOK like 'down here' among ordinary people if that were to happen... would you have believed the Jews were being relocated to 'relocation' camps?

Jimmy W
07-16-2015, 08:32 PM
... ever consider what it would LOOK like 'down here' among ordinary people if that were to happen...
They don't have ordinary people in Alaska?

S.V. Airlie
07-16-2015, 08:37 PM
it's also quite possible that the legislators were doing their job and the governor wanted to dictate... ever consider what it would LOOK like 'down here' among ordinary people if that were to happen... would you have believed the Jews were being relocated to 'relocation' camps?Doubt it! But, I will agree, they were your typical republicans. About all I can say about them.

Phillip Allen
07-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Doubt it! But, I will agree, they were your typical republicans. About all I can say about them.

sounds like political bias... very foolish... Stalin was politically biased

Phillip Allen
07-16-2015, 08:52 PM
They don't have ordinary people in Alaska?

I'm thinking about "little people"

Phillip Allen
07-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Doubt it! But, I will agree, they were your typical republicans. About all I can say about them.

would you have helped load the people into the cattle cars? think what it would look like to frightened Germans... those without the 20-20 hindsight displayed here

S.V. Airlie
07-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Rambling! SOP!

S.V. Airlie
07-16-2015, 08:59 PM
Phillip must be rich!

Glen Longino
07-16-2015, 09:05 PM
would you have helped load the people into the cattle cars? think what it would look like to frightened Germans... those without the 20-20 hindsight displayed here

A farfetched and disgusting analogy!
Did you sleep through civics class and miss the part about the branches of government and their individual powers.
The Governor is using his due power for the good of Alaska's citizens.
Get off your high horse!

ccmanuals
07-16-2015, 09:08 PM
bypassing the legislature? so much for representation, I guess

I'm pretty sure the Gov. was elected by a majority of Alaskans. So I think "representation" is safe.

S.V. Airlie
07-16-2015, 09:10 PM
The governor tried reasoning with the reps. He said this was his last resort. And Phillip, he's NOT a dem. He won the election as an Independent!on

BETTY-B
07-16-2015, 09:45 PM
The governor tried reasoning with the reps. He said this was his last resort. And Phillip, he's NOT a dem. He won the election as an Independent!on

I'm pretty sure he was Republican but changed his party to run for governor as an Independent. He must have known he was going to do something for the people...realizing it would be out of character to do so as a Republican.

Phillip Allen
07-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Rambling! SOP!

an ad hom is your best hope of a defense

jsjpd1
07-16-2015, 10:31 PM
The majority of Alaskans are in favor of Medicare expansion. The Governor has tried several times to get the legislature to take up the issue. They are not interested in doing so. Attorneys for both the Governor and the legislature believe he is acting within his constitutional authority. This is a good day for us.

Jim

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 08:46 AM
an ad hom is your best hope of a defenseThis is the definition of the shortened "ad hominem Phillip! If you notice, I did not attack you which is part of your definition. You use it way too much considering you have no idea what it means! Maybe this will help you! Then again, maybe not!
"short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character".

Phillip Allen
07-17-2015, 08:56 AM
This is the definition of the shortened "ad hominem Phillip! If you notice, I did not attack you which is part of your definition. You use it way too much considering you have no idea what it means! Maybe this will help you! Then again, maybe not!
"short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character".

and you tell me I don't really know what it means :)

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Apparently not as you used the phrase incorrectly! I put it in bold for you Phillip.

Phillip Allen
07-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Apparently not as you used the phrase incorrectly! I put it in bold for you Phillip.

have it your way... there's no teachable brain cells in you

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 09:41 AM
have it your way... there's no teachable brain cells in youDo you have a mirror Phillip? Do you ever gaze adoringly at yourself?

Lew Barrett
07-17-2015, 11:58 AM
... would you have believed the Jews were being relocated to 'relocation' camps?

Just like providing medical care for people. I'm surprised this analogy didn't surface much earlier.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:09 PM
it's also quite possible that the legislators were doing their job and the governor wanted to dictate... ever consider what it would LOOK like 'down here' among ordinary people if that were to happen... would you have believed the Jews were being relocated to 'relocation' camps?

Godwins law in four. Well done.

Paul Pless
07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
sounds like political bias... very foolish...
Solid gold.

John of Phoenix
07-17-2015, 12:46 PM
HEY PHILLIP!

The majority of Alaskans are in favor of Medicare expansion. The Governor has tried several times to get the legislature to take up the issue. They are not interested in doing so. Attorneys for both the Governor and the legislature believe he is acting within his constitutional authority. This is a good day for us.

JimFrom an Alaska citizen.

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2015, 03:16 PM
HEY PHILLIP!

From an Alaska citizen.Probably an immigrant from the lower 40! Maybe Massachusetts!:)

CWSmith
07-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Just like providing medical care for people. I'm surprised this analogy didn't surface much earlier.

:) Thank you. That's the first good laugh I've had all day.

And you show amazing patience considering the earlier remarks.