PDA

View Full Version : Best catalogs? ...and oil fired running lights!

Bob Cleek
11-18-2000, 02:13 PM
Started a new thread because I wanted to share this far out catalog that I got the other day. The question about oil fired running lights reminded me of it.

Check out Northern Tool and Equipment. (800.533.5545) at www.NorthernTool.com. (http://www.NorthernTool.com.)

This is the craziest catalog I've seen in a long time. We're talking eclectic here. I can't make up my mind what's best in here. I've never done business with them, so I can't verify their service or quality, but check this out.

They DO have running lanterns that look like they may be Tung Wu's for $24.99 a pair! They are described as "working replicas", nine inches high and burning kerosene. "Antiqued copper plated metal." I don't know what that means, but for $25, heck, you can hang them on the mantel if they aren't seaworthy. These are on page 23, right next to the $30 170,000 BTU propane turkey cookers! (Great for melting lead...)

No, kerosene running lights aren't "legal," but it really doesn't matter until somebody runs you down, does it? If you want good running lights, try to find some of Perko's. I don't know if they are still in production, but they used to be the best made and nicest looking of all. Tung Wu's were pretty common at one point and look good when they have a patina, but aren't too well made. They were putting them on junks and workboats, basically. I have a real old set that have the porcelain burners, which are cool, but I wouldn't bother to try to burn them for running lights, that's for sure.

I liked their $18 "Fart Machine," sort of an electronic whoopie cushion that's operated with a radio signal trigger, like the new car door locks. Their $280 full size pot bellied stove looks great and where else can you find one? They also have a $40 steel woodburning stove that's 14"x12"x7" that looks great for a boat. They've got tons of odd ball stuff. A great read.

Anybody else have some good catalogs worth ordering? I'll vote for the Japan Woodworker, in Alameda, CA. Of course, Defender, Jamestown Distributors and Hamilton Marine are contenders and essentials in anybody's catalog box.

Bob Cleek
Started a new thread because I wanted to share this far out catalog that I got the other day. The question about oil fired running lights reminded me of it.

Check out Northern Tool and Equipment. (800.533.5545) at www.NorthernTool.com. (http://www.NorthernTool.com.)

This is the craziest catalog I've seen in a long time. We're talking eclectic here. I can't make up my mind what's best in here. I've never done business with them, so I can't verify their service or quality, but check this out.

They DO have running lanterns that look like they may be Tung Wu's for $24.99 a pair! They are described as "working replicas", nine inches high and burning kerosene. "Antiqued copper plated metal." I don't know what that means, but for $25, heck, you can hang them on the mantel if they aren't seaworthy. These are on page 23, right next to the $30 170,000 BTU propane turkey cookers! (Great for melting lead...)

No, kerosene running lights aren't "legal," but it really doesn't matter until somebody runs you down, does it? If you want good running lights, try to find some of Perko's. I don't know if they are still in production, but they used to be the best made and nicest looking of all. Tung Wu's were pretty common at one point and look good when they have a patina, but aren't too well made. They were putting them on junks and workboats, basically. I have a real old set that have the porcelain burners, which are cool, but I wouldn't bother to try to burn them for running lights, that's for sure.

I liked their $18 "Fart Machine," sort of an electronic whoopie cushion that's operated with a radio signal trigger, like the new car door locks. Their $280 full size pot bellied stove looks great and where else can you find one? They also have a $40 steel woodburning stove that's 14"x12"x7" that looks great for a boat. They've got tons of odd ball stuff. A great read.

Anybody else have some good catalogs worth ordering? I'll vote for the Japan Woodworker, in Alameda, CA. Of course, Defender, Jamestown Distributors and Hamilton Marine are contenders and essentials in anybody's catalog box.

Bob Cleek

Charlie J
11-18-2000, 03:17 PM
Rockler woodworking- they even have plans and hardware for coffins!!! You can build yer own *grin*

Charlie J
Rockler woodworking- they even have plans and hardware for coffins!!! You can build yer own *grin*

Charlie J

Jon Agne
11-18-2000, 03:21 PM
Hi Bob,

Now that winter is almost upon us here in Maine, I've been dusting off some of the catalogs I received this year. You'll be happy to hear that I've received the latest catalog from Davey & Co. and Classic Marine, both from the UK. Even though the Davey is now a paperback book both of these books are loaded with items (genuine wooden blocks, bronze hardware, real oil-fired lamps, stoves, etc., etc.) to make the traditional boat owner drool uncontrollably. NorthernTool is pretty good, and I also find some good stuff in Harbor Freight sometimes.

The perko lghts ARE the best, but the prices have been driven up SO FAR by those d****d collectors lately, that they are not realistic purchases. I got my Tung Woo anchor light for $22.00, and it really is quite functional. I have a hard time getting it away from SWMBO, as she wants to keep it on the screen porch......maybe it'll turn up missing this winter! Also good are the Wilcox-Crittenden lamps, but most of the ones I've come across have galvanized bodies with brass tops....burners are excellent. They are also a little more affordable if someone wants to use them.

If anyone finds the address for Tung Woo, I hope they post it. I've been trying without luck to find it for some time now.

Best,

Jon

PS: Nice to see you back, Bob. With the winterization of my Yanmar today, I am officially finished until March of next year whem I dust off the "Famous Bob Cleek Topside Painting Treatise"!

Jon Agne
Hi Bob,

Now that winter is almost upon us here in Maine, I've been dusting off some of the catalogs I received this year. You'll be happy to hear that I've received the latest catalog from Davey & Co. and Classic Marine, both from the UK. Even though the Davey is now a paperback book both of these books are loaded with items (genuine wooden blocks, bronze hardware, real oil-fired lamps, stoves, etc., etc.) to make the traditional boat owner drool uncontrollably. NorthernTool is pretty good, and I also find some good stuff in Harbor Freight sometimes.

The perko lghts ARE the best, but the prices have been driven up SO FAR by those d****d collectors lately, that they are not realistic purchases. I got my Tung Woo anchor light for $22.00, and it really is quite functional. I have a hard time getting it away from SWMBO, as she wants to keep it on the screen porch......maybe it'll turn up missing this winter! Also good are the Wilcox-Crittenden lamps, but most of the ones I've come across have galvanized bodies with brass tops....burners are excellent. They are also a little more affordable if someone wants to use them.

If anyone finds the address for Tung Woo, I hope they post it. I've been trying without luck to find it for some time now.

Best,

Jon

PS: Nice to see you back, Bob. With the winterization of my Yanmar today, I am officially finished until March of next year whem I dust off the "Famous Bob Cleek Topside Painting Treatise"!

Jon Agne
Hi Bob,

Best,

Jon

Mark Van
11-18-2000, 04:00 PM
I have ordered from northern.
I got a Torpedo Boy Lasar Level for under $30. It is a wonderful tool for levelling strongbacks for larger boats, and for marking the waterline. For some reason, I haven't heard of other people using a lasar level for those purposes.
Mark

Mark Van
I got a Torpedo Boy Lasar Level for under $30. It is a wonderful tool for levelling strongbacks for larger boats, and for marking the waterline. For some reason, I haven't heard of other people using a lasar level for those purposes.
Mark

Mark Van
Mark

John G
11-19-2000, 11:21 AM
Ok - for one of the uninitiated, can you post the addresses for Davey & Co. and Classic Marine so I can order these catalogs too?

Thanks!

John G
Ok - for one of the uninitiated, can you post the addresses for Davey & Co. and Classic Marine so I can order these catalogs too?

Thanks!

John G

Thanks!

Ross Faneuf
11-19-2000, 04:11 PM
The Peck tool company.
www.PeckTool.com (http://www.PeckTool.com)

A lot of German hand woodworking tools, and other high-quality hand tools. While many of the products will look familiar, most are from less common manufacturers - for example, the German Kunz company.

Ross Faneuf
The Peck tool company.

A lot of German hand woodworking tools, and other high-quality hand tools. While many of the products will look familiar, most are from less common manufacturers - for example, the German Kunz company.

Ross Faneuf
The Peck tool company.

Ed Harrow
11-19-2000, 08:59 PM
Rockler's pretty good, Highland Hardware too, which Bob suggested some time ago, but my favorite is Lee Valley. They offer a pretty eclectic collection of tools, books, and even little steam launches made from in India from tin cans.

If you ever get up Ottawa way do drop in. Speaking of dropping in, our little local hardware/lumber store has (had?) Record spokeshaves for $19.95! Take that, Home Despot!

Ed Harrow
Rockler's pretty good, Highland Hardware too, which Bob suggested some time ago, but my favorite is Lee Valley. They offer a pretty eclectic collection of tools, books, and even little steam launches made from in India from tin cans.

If you ever get up Ottawa way do drop in. Speaking of dropping in, our little local hardware/lumber store has (had?) Record spokeshaves for $19.95! Take that, Home Despot!

Ed Harrow

Ross Faneuf
11-19-2000, 09:50 PM
I imagine you have all seen the Lee Nielsen top-end hand planes and related tools; they're now in all higher-end tool catalogs (and they're very nice). The company has its own catalog, and, for those in the area, they give a discount for cash at the factory. The factory is a small operation right on Rte 1 in Warren ME (which is in the midcoast).

Ross Faneuf
I imagine you have all seen the Lee Nielsen top-end hand planes and related tools; they're now in all higher-end tool catalogs (and they're very nice). The company has its own catalog, and, for those in the area, they give a discount for cash at the factory. The factory is a small operation right on Rte 1 in Warren ME (which is in the midcoast).

Ross Faneuf

Kermit
11-19-2000, 11:34 PM
I've ordered a bunch fo stuff from Northern. Once you're on their list you seem to get a catalog of some sort about every two weeks. Bob's right--there's an unbelievable assortment of stuff. They have these little block-and-tackle setups with galvanized cheeks and about 50' of poly line for about ten bucks the pair. Two of my skiffs hang from the shop ceiling from these things. Marine they ain't, but they suit this purpose. And if you can't find an aircooled engine of 3 to 20 hp in their catalog that suits your fancy, it likely isn't made. Need a transmission jack? Got 'em.

As for service, I once had to return an item (manufacturer's problem, not theirs) and got excellent customer service and a prompt credit to my bankcard. Orders filled promptly, and I've never had anything backordered. Knock wood.

Kermit
I've ordered a bunch fo stuff from Northern. Once you're on their list you seem to get a catalog of some sort about every two weeks. Bob's right--there's an unbelievable assortment of stuff. They have these little block-and-tackle setups with galvanized cheeks and about 50' of poly line for about ten bucks the pair. Two of my skiffs hang from the shop ceiling from these things. Marine they ain't, but they suit this purpose. And if you can't find an aircooled engine of 3 to 20 hp in their catalog that suits your fancy, it likely isn't made. Need a transmission jack? Got 'em.

As for service, I once had to return an item (manufacturer's problem, not theirs) and got excellent customer service and a prompt credit to my bankcard. Orders filled promptly, and I've never had anything backordered. Knock wood.

Kermit

Frank Hagan
11-20-2000, 03:46 AM
I found the best price on trailer hub and bearing kits at Northern Tool, and was amazed when I got the catalog. Very eclectic. They do offer free shipping on a random basis, so log onto their web site every day for a few days before you buy. Saved me even more with the free shipping offer.

Frank Hagan
I found the best price on trailer hub and bearing kits at Northern Tool, and was amazed when I got the catalog. Very eclectic. They do offer free shipping on a random basis, so log onto their web site every day for a few days before you buy. Saved me even more with the free shipping offer.

Frank Hagan

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
11-20-2000, 12:17 PM
Never seen the Northern catalog but I've been in their stores plenty of times. Several are located here in the Twin Cities and they are fun places to shop!

Rockler has a store about a mile from home too. Lots a neat things

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
Never seen the Northern catalog but I've been in their stores plenty of times. Several are located here in the Twin Cities and they are fun places to shop!

Andreas Jordahl Rhude

Mike Field
11-20-2000, 12:24 PM
Here are a couple of sites for secondhand tool --
http://www.oldtools.com/index.html
http://www.toolshop.demon.co.uk/

Bob, I understood that, as kero lights weren't specifically mantioned in the regulations, they weren't either actually illegal -- just, in fact, not mentioned. So if they fulfil the visibility, etc, requirements, they're be OK to use. But do you know something I don't?

Mike Field

Bob, I understood that, as kero lights weren't specifically mantioned in the regulations, they weren't either actually illegal -- just, in fact, not mentioned. So if they fulfil the visibility, etc, requirements, they're be OK to use. But do you know something I don't?

Mike Field

Greg H
11-20-2000, 04:15 PM
Hi Bob,
Some one posted this a few months ago. They have everything from handtools and wood stoves to gasoline powered washing machines.
Lehmans Non-Electric Cataloge.
peace, Greg
http://www.lehmans.com/

Greg H
Hi Bob,
Some one posted this a few months ago. They have everything from handtools and wood stoves to gasoline powered washing machines.
peace, Greg

Greg H
Hi Bob,
peace, Greg

dngoodchild
11-21-2000, 06:45 AM
Northern Tool (they used to be called Northern Hydraulic) are a good outfit. Good service, etc. I ordered a set of their oil-fired lights (listed as copper) but they didn't pass the magnet test and I returned them without problem and pointed out the error in the catalogue. Believe it or not, the next time I received a catalogue they had corrected the error and listed them as copper plated steel. Good service and good values.

dngoodchild
Northern Tool (they used to be called Northern Hydraulic) are a good outfit. Good service, etc. I ordered a set of their oil-fired lights (listed as copper) but they didn't pass the magnet test and I returned them without problem and pointed out the error in the catalogue. Believe it or not, the next time I received a catalogue they had corrected the error and listed them as copper plated steel. Good service and good values.

dngoodchild

Hesp
11-26-2000, 08:39 AM
Classic Marine: www.classicmarine.co.uk (http://www.classicmarine.co.uk)
Davey & co don't seem to have a web site.

[This message has been edited by Hesp (edited 11-26-2000).]

Hesp

Hesp

Jon Agne
11-29-2000, 07:47 PM
Davey & Co. http://www.davey.co.uk/chandlry/default.htm

West India House, 1, Commerce Way, Whitehall Road Ind Est, Colchester, CO2 8HR, UK
Tel: +44 1206-500945 Fax: +44 1206-500949 e-mail: chandlery@davey.co.uk

Jon Agne

West India House, 1, Commerce Way, Whitehall Road Ind Est, Colchester, CO2 8HR, UK

Jon Agne

John058
12-01-2000, 06:24 PM
...just got my Hamilton Marine catalog...Oh Boy!!...already found all the missing bits I will need in my restoration project...I live about 6 miles from Highland Hardware and have Woodcraft and Northern stores available as well so there's no stopping me now

John058
...just got my Hamilton Marine catalog...Oh Boy!!...already found all the missing bits I will need in my restoration project...I live about 6 miles from Highland Hardware and have Woodcraft and Northern stores available as well so there's no stopping me now

John058

Barrett Faneuf
12-08-2000, 06:08 PM
On the nuts-and-bolts end, McMaster-Carr.
Professional engineering/manufacturing supplier. It's amazing how much stuff can be turned to nautical purposes. http://www.mcmaster.com/

Barrett Faneuf
Professional engineering/manufacturing supplier. It's amazing how much stuff can be turned to nautical purposes. http://www.mcmaster.com/

Barrett Faneuf

Konrad
12-13-2000, 07:23 PM
I guess us Heartland rural types are more eclectic than I thought. Northern Tool is an old standby. Doesn't everyone use sausage stuffers?

And they sell the exact same wind generator as West Marine for about 200 bucks less.

Konrad
I guess us Heartland rural types are more eclectic than I thought. Northern Tool is an old standby. Doesn't everyone use sausage stuffers?

And they sell the exact same wind generator as West Marine for about 200 bucks less.

Konrad

SAWDUST
02-15-2004, 08:05 PM
jamestown distributors has a great catalog

SAWDUST

SAWDUST

landlocked sailor
02-16-2004, 06:39 AM
www.leevalley.com (http://www.leevalley.com) . The best. Rick

landlocked sailor

landlocked sailor

Andrew Craig-Bennett
07-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Don't know what sort of Tung Woo lights you would get for US$24 but assume Cleek means the toy ones they made for the tourist trade.

Unlike Daveys but like everyone else, Tung Woo's "real" ones use conventional lamp chimneys, whereas Daveys used to use (but no longer use) their patented cone burner, which is superior.

But I've used Tung Woo's for a good many years now. Since they came with a British Government certificate, they certainly were not rubbish. The firm closed down rather than use plastic, in 1997 - the owners sold the freehold and retired to Vancouver.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
Don't know what sort of Tung Woo lights you would get for US$24 but assume Cleek means the toy ones they made for the tourist trade.

Unlike Daveys but like everyone else, Tung Woo's "real" ones use conventional lamp chimneys, whereas Daveys used to use (but no longer use) their patented cone burner, which is superior.

But I've used Tung Woo's for a good many years now. Since they came with a British Government certificate, they certainly were not rubbish. The firm closed down rather than use plastic, in 1997 - the owners sold the freehold and retired to Vancouver.

Andrew Craig-Bennett

Meerkat
07-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Oil lamps are legal under both COLREGS and USCG regs on boats under 21m (or was it feet...?). Both regs specifically mention them. COLREGS goes into a fair amount of detail on them (and lights in general), specifying both brightness and color spectrum. With USCG regs it's either in appendix A or B (I forget exactly which) of some publication or other (helpful aren't I? ;) ).

I'll dig details up if anyone is interested like I was/am.

Meerkat
Oil lamps are legal under both COLREGS and USCG regs on boats under 21m (or was it feet...?). Both regs specifically mention them. COLREGS goes into a fair amount of detail on them (and lights in general), specifying both brightness and color spectrum. With USCG regs it's either in appendix A or B (I forget exactly which) of some publication or other (helpful aren't I? ;) ).

Meerkat

Seth Wood
07-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi Meerkat -- I'm very interested. if you have the COLREGS and/or USCG details available. I imagine they're available online somewhere too, so feel free to just point to a source instead.

Thanks!

Seth Wood
Hi Meerkat -- I'm very interested. if you have the COLREGS and/or USCG details available. I imagine they're available online somewhere too, so feel free to just point to a source instead.

Thanks!

Seth Wood

Thanks!

Nicholas Carey
07-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Seth Wood:
Hi Meerkat -- I'm very interested. if you have the COLREGS and/or USCG details available. I imagine they're available online somewhere too, so feel free to just point to a source instead.FWIW, USCG regulations == COLREGS 72

33 USC 30 (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/33/ch30.html)incoporates 72 COLREGS by reference. 33 CFR 80-90 (http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/33cfrv1_03.html) are the implementing regulations.

see the USCG Navigation Centre at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/navrules.htm.

72 COLREGS is available

</font> online (HTML) at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/rotr_online.htm</font> Electronic copies of the USGPO printed manual are available online as [PDF and MS Word format] at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/download.htm</font> From the USGPO Bookstore (http://bookstore.gpo.gov/prf/prffield.html) as stock number 050-012-00407- 2 (http://bookstore.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate.cgi?WAISdocID=80952110452+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve). USD 15 in the United States; USD 21 overseas.</font> From any marine chart dealer or decent yacht chandlery.
</font>

Nicholas Carey
Hi Meerkat -- I'm very interested. if you have the COLREGS and/or USCG details available. I imagine they're available online somewhere too, so feel free to just point to a source instead.FWIW, USCG regulations == COLREGS 72

33 USC 30 (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/33/ch30.html)incoporates 72 COLREGS by reference. 33 CFR 80-90 (http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/33cfrv1_03.html) are the implementing regulations.

see the USCG Navigation Centre at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/navrules.htm.

72 COLREGS is available

</font> online (HTML) at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/rotr_online.htm</font> Electronic copies of the USGPO printed manual are available online as [PDF and MS Word format] at http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/download.htm</font> From the USGPO Bookstore (http://bookstore.gpo.gov/prf/prffield.html) as stock number 050-012-00407- 2 (http://bookstore.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate.cgi?WAISdocID=80952110452+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve). USD 15 in the United States; USD 21 overseas.</font> From any marine chart dealer or decent yacht chandlery.
</font>

Nicholas Carey

72 COLREGS is available

</font>

Nicholas Carey
07-02-2004, 06:41 PM
However, 72 COLREGS doesn't mention oil lamps in any way, shape or form. They specify a particular luminous intensity, ultimately expressed in terms of visibility in nautical miles for the the required lights (computed via a complicated formula). Colors (red/green/white/yellow) are defined as particular bounded regions of the CIE (Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage) color space (http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/cie.html).

Under the international rules, there was a 4-year exemption for pre-COLREGS vessels, allowing them to bring their lighting into compliance with the technical details of Annex I, and a permanent exemption for implementing the prescribed light spacing requirements. All providing of course, that the vessel was legal with the existing rules of the day. See Rule 38&mdash;Exemptions (International Rules) for details.

Under the inland rules, the situation is more complex: see Rule 38&mdash;Exemptions (Inland Rules) for details.

Whether an oil lamp can meet those requirements&hellip;

It all depends on the lamp, I suspect.

Nicholas Carey
However, 72 COLREGS doesn't mention oil lamps in any way, shape or form. They specify a particular luminous intensity, ultimately expressed in terms of visibility in nautical miles for the the required lights (computed via a complicated formula). Colors (red/green/white/yellow) are defined as particular bounded regions of the CIE (Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage) color space (http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/cie.html).

Under the international rules, there was a 4-year exemption for pre-COLREGS vessels, allowing them to bring their lighting into compliance with the technical details of Annex I, and a permanent exemption for implementing the prescribed light spacing requirements. All providing of course, that the vessel was legal with the existing rules of the day. See Rule 38&mdash;Exemptions (International Rules) for details.

Under the inland rules, the situation is more complex: see Rule 38&mdash;Exemptions (Inland Rules) for details.

Nicholas Carey

Meerkat
07-04-2004, 07:09 AM
The following threads have discussed oil lamps on the forum:
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000483&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001945&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000768&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001434&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004824&p=

I know that at one time I posted some long exerpts from both USCG regs and COLREGS on oil fired lamps. At one time, I though they had been made illegal and someone pointed to something that corrected me, so I went and did some research. If it was after I got this new computer, I save the info and I'll go and find it presently. If not, it's on the old computer and that one's not going to fire up again anytime soon, if ever. I do hope to salvage the hard drives out of it at some point.

Meerkat
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000483&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001945&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000768&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001434&p=
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004824&p=

I know that at one time I posted some long exerpts from both USCG regs and COLREGS on oil fired lamps. At one time, I though they had been made illegal and someone pointed to something that corrected me, so I went and did some research. If it was after I got this new computer, I save the info and I'll go and find it presently. If not, it's on the old computer and that one's not going to fire up again anytime soon, if ever. I do hope to salvage the hard drives out of it at some point.

Meerkat