PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 heroes

John Smith
07-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Jon Stewart last night. I've not time at the moment to find and post link.

The bill to provide healthcare for those who got ill digging through the rubble is about to expire, and it appears there's some in congress not willing to extend it.

More people have died from illness than died from the attack. It's sobering that our congress can't help these people as long as they need help without finding a way to pay for it, which means cutting something someone else needs.

This country has a bunch of screwed up priorities. I actually think most people have better priorities, but somehow all the people with those better priorities elect a bunch of people who have different, and more screwed up, IMO, priorities.

skuthorp
07-02-2015, 07:49 AM
How come the bill was allowed to have an expiry date i the first place? It's not as if these illnesses were not anticipated from day one. All that asbestos contaminated dust for a start.
Of course you could send the bill to the Bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia, or just take it out of Saudi assets squirrelled away in the US.

The Bigfella
07-02-2015, 08:00 AM
How come the bill was allowed to have an expiry date i the first place? It's not as if these illnesses were not anticipated from day one. All that asbestos contaminated dust for a start.
Of course you could send the bill to the Bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia, or just take it out of Saudi assets squirrelled away in the US.

Are you responsible for your brother's actions?

No? Didn't think so. So, why do you want to spread hate?

CWSmith
07-02-2015, 10:24 AM
The Senator who was interviewed was VERY GOOD!

skuthorp
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Irony Ian, bitter but irony.
The US is responsible for the health care of the rescuer victims of 9/11 and the bill was flawed from the start.