PDA

View Full Version : Suppliers of drafting mylar film?

dmede
01-15-2004, 12:54 PM
I am looking for a supplier of drafting film that allows cuts off a roll to the desired length. On-line all I can find are sheets (too small) and 20yard rolls at aroung $100 a peice (way too expensive). All I need is one segment around 16' by 36". Anybody have supplier that does this, or have some of thier own they would like to sell?

Thanks,
Dave

dmede
I am looking for a supplier of drafting film that allows cuts off a roll to the desired length. On-line all I can find are sheets (too small) and 20yard rolls at aroung $100 a peice (way too expensive). All I need is one segment around 16' by 36". Anybody have supplier that does this, or have some of thier own they would like to sell?

Thanks,
Dave

dmede

Thanks,
Dave

G. Schollmeier
01-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Just buy it from your area print shop.

Gary :D

G. Schollmeier

G. Schollmeier

JamesD
01-16-2004, 12:51 PM
If you're looking for large clear sheets of tough plastic (like for transferring lofting lines to molds), I found rolls of acetate at Utrecht Office supply, 40" x 50' for less than $20. It appears to have worked quite well.

[ 01-16-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: JamesD ]

JamesD
If you're looking for large clear sheets of tough plastic (like for transferring lofting lines to molds), I found rolls of acetate at Utrecht Office supply, 40" x 50' for less than $20. It appears to have worked quite well.

JamesD

dmede
01-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks to you both. Locally all my drafting supply shops sell only small sheets or huge rolls. But that ok, I found they we actually have a roll here at work I might be able to cut from so I should be ok, assuming the smaller width will work (see my other post under building/repair).

dmede
Thanks to you both. Locally all my drafting supply shops sell only small sheets or huge rolls. But that ok, I found they we actually have a roll here at work I might be able to cut from so I should be ok, assuming the smaller width will work (see my other post under building/repair).

dmede

Nicholas Carey
01-16-2004, 05:06 PM
You might try a local CAD service bureau or a blueprinting service—somebody who produces drawings from CAD files as a business. They are likely to be doing so on large-format roll plotters.

They ought to be able to just sell you just the amount of film in the width you want.

You're just not tying up machine time or consuming ink.

Nicholas Carey
You might try a local CAD service bureau or a blueprinting service—somebody who produces drawings from CAD files as a business. They are likely to be doing so on large-format roll plotters.

They ought to be able to just sell you just the amount of film in the width you want.

Nicholas Carey