PDA

View Full Version : Good Story: Cop didn't shoot watch the video.

genglandoh
06-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Here is a good story about a COP that did not shoot.
Watch the body cam.

What Happens When A Police Officer Doesn't Shoot?
Last month, Cincinnati TV station WLWT aired body camera footage from New Richmond, Ohio, that shows Officer Jesse Kidder getting out of his car to confront a suspected murderer.
http://www.npr.org/2015/05/07/404913703/what-happens-when-a-police-officer-doesnt-shoot

Norman Bernstein
06-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Very smart thinking by a rookie cop... he deserves a commendation for keeping his head.

Ian McColgin
06-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Two points of value: If you read the story you'll see that among fellow officers there's some difference of opinion; and the suspect was a white guy.

I happen to think the officer handled it right, that when he gave ground he was not losing control so much as de-escalating the situation, and I'll just hope that he'd not see a black guy acting the same way as more threatening and thus in need of deadly force.

genglandoh
06-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Very smart thinking by a rookie cop... he deserves a commendation for keeping his head.

Yes he did a good job.
He even fell down and did not shoot.

The article points out that he was an ex marine and served in Iraq.
So he is a little older than the average rookie and maybe a little more mature.

I wonder if this will help put body cams of more cops.

paulf
06-29-2015, 10:33 AM
In watching that video I got several signs that this guy was not going to attack. The tone of his voice, his movements just something.

When the Police officer fell he (the suspect) stopped advancing. Still a frightening experience for the cop. I've had people (drunks) in cars grab my duty belt as an MP. Very disturbing!

Cop made a good call.

Phillip Allen
06-29-2015, 04:27 PM
I meant to watch this the other day but got distracted...