PDA

View Full Version : Help with ID

David Satter
06-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Trying to get any help I can with info for this boat. It's a really nice boat, cedar lapstrake built copper clench nails, beautiful lines , the owner is thinking of restoring it. I cant find any markings anywhere on it. She needs a new stem and keel, but otherwise very solid. sorry I don't have better photos. Dave ok I guess I have to resize the photos, could someone tell me what size I have to make them. If you can tell me in pix size like pix height and width that would help. I can build a boat but not to good with computers. Thanks, Dave

Thorne
06-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Here's how to post photos on this forum:

FIRST - Don't attach photos. Only a tiny version will display.

SECOND - Post the photos on the web. Use your own website or a free image hosting service like www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com/), picasaweb.google.com, picturetrail, photobucket, shutterfly, etc. Facebook is not recommended since the image URL is changed after a few months (breaking the link), and images must be set to "Public" access via the Edit option, not limited to "Friends".

THIRD - Once posted on the web, right-click the photo to "Copy Image Location", or drag the photo to another browser window, then copy the image URL (web address) which will end in ".jpg". You can test by pasting the photo URL into the location field (http://* ) of a web browser and see if the photo displays. Remember that this process will not work for photos located just on your computer, on members-only Yahoo groups, or on Facebook unless set to "Public" view.

In Flickr - First click the photo to bring up the options on the right, click the downward arrow icon on the far right ("Download this photo"), then in the list that appears click "View All Sizes". Select the size you want (if not the default size displayed) then get the image URL by right-clicking the image.

FOURTH - DO THIS EVERY TIME TO POST IMAGES IN THREADS:
A. In any "Reply" window you can click the "insert image" icon --> a little yellow square icon with a dot at each corner, a tiny tree in the center.

Depending on browser version and Reply/Edit status, this may bring up a simple window with a field to paste the URL into, or the "Add an Image" window described below.

B. If the window titled "Add an Image" comes up, click the "From URL" tab, paste the URL of the photo in the field, deselect the box for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", then click the "INSERT IMAGE" button. The Forum software will resize some large images, so look at your post to see the actual displayed images.

NOTE - most common problems are due to missing the step described above -> deselect the box for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Gib Etheridge
06-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Or if you're like me and find all of that complexity bewildering just upload your pics to Photobucket then copy and paste from there into the reply box. I used Flickr for a while but they kept "upgrading" until they lost me.

David Satter
06-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Ok , that should only take me a couple of hours. I belong to a couple of other sites and you just click upload from computer and it's done. Can't we simplify this. Ok I'll stop complaining and give it a try..... maybe after I get back, headed to Mystic tomorrow to the boat show, thanks, Dave