PDA

View Full Version : A good Clinton / Bush comparison page .

PeterSibley
06-16-2015, 04:18 AM
http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/40-46/Hillary-Clinton-vs-Jeb-Bush

A good rating of policies and preferences .

skuthorp
06-16-2015, 04:26 AM
Do you think that poliies have much to do with the way the US votes these days? From admittedly limited information I doubt it, blind partisanship seem alive and well. And I'm not just talking about the forum..

PeterSibley
06-16-2015, 04:39 AM
Possibly but I think some here may find the page interesting, the Bilge Rats are an intelligent mob . I doubt they will learn anything they don't know but the format makes it easy to get an overview.

Curtism
06-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Dreaming aloud perhaps, but, if the media were to present more side by side stance comparisons and less gratuitous poo-flinging, we'd see better informed elections. Like I said, dreaming . . .

skuthorp
06-16-2015, 06:28 AM
Poo flinging sells, and attracts advertisers Curtism. Murdoch is a billionaire from flinging poo, but it says more about the audience than the man.

John Smith
06-16-2015, 08:50 AM
I've been unable to get Sanders' fans to list issues where he and Hillary disagree.

I thought it was interesting when Hillary mentioned her husband and Obama inherited messes from the presidents before them, but didn't, I don't think, mention both those presidents were Bushes.

There's also a problem in our elections that doesn't get as much thought as it should. Money is spent in obscene amounts. That gets attention. The fact that this money is used to spread false information, and we accept that as free speech, has long disturbed me. Doesn't seem to disturb others.

Then there's the hypocrisy. I'm sure you can find some in many places, but I see conservatives as staunch defenders of the free market. Until, that is, a woman wants contraception or wishes to terminate a pregnancy, or when they don't like the large sums the Clintons get for speaking.

On many issues, some of the candidates have actual voting records.

delecta
06-16-2015, 08:58 AM
The only problem I see is evolution.

LeeG
06-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Thx

Paul Pless
06-16-2015, 09:02 AM
I've been unable to get Sanders' fans to list issues where he and Hillary disagree.The biggest difference between the two is that Sanders has always been and remains the loudest advocate for getting the money and special interests out of politics. If Hillary even addresses the issue its only to pay lip service, and why is this? Its because she is one of the largest beneficiaries of the status quo. . .

bob winter
06-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Not being a citizen of the US, I don't really care but if I was, I would be for Sanders.

LeeG
06-16-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm amazed there's an issue called "stay out of Iran"

Keith Wilson
06-16-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm amazed there's an issue called "stay out of Iran"And Mr Bush disagrees!

There is a small chance that Bernie Sanders, with the best intentions in the world, will be responsible for putting a reactionary Republican in the White House.

LeeG
06-16-2015, 09:16 AM
And Mr Bush disagrees!

There is a small chance that Bernie Sanders, with the best intentions in the world, will be responsible for putting a reactionary Republican in the White House.

A signer of PNAC and advocate of expanded military, ready, shoot, aim, all over again.

Keith Wilson
06-16-2015, 09:54 AM
. . . ready, shoot, aim, all over again.Yee haw. http://www.reduser.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

David G
06-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Read the comparo.

There were some oddities. Anyone know WHO Inside.gov is... offhand?

John Smith
06-16-2015, 11:35 AM
The biggest difference between the two is that Sanders has always been and remains the loudest advocate for getting the money and special interests out of politics. If Hillary even addresses the issue its only to pay lip service, and why is this? Its because she is one of the largest beneficiaries of the status quo. . .

That's a bit bogus. One has to play by the rules, even if one would like the rules changed.

Meanwhile, both, I believe, support a woman's right to choose and have access to contraception, equal pay for equal work, repairing and modernizing our infrastructure, safe keeping of the right to vote, address climate change, etc....

There is very little difference between these two candidates on those issues, which, I suspect, is why no one's provided a list of differences.

John Smith
06-16-2015, 11:40 AM
And Mr Bush disagrees!

I think it's better than small. He absolutely must, to be serious about getting the nomination, give people reasons to not vote for Hillary. It's the nature of politics.

Ed Schultz is already helping him do this.

He's made a big deal out of the TPP. Senators, like Sanders, have been allowed to read it. Hillary has not. Whatever is done with the TPP will be history long before Jan. '17. Bogus issue.

I'd also remind all that Hillary is on record to only nominate justices who will overturn Citizens United.

And this may well help elect a Republican. Wait until that president appoints more justices.....