PDA

View Full Version : A quick post and I'm off.

WszystekPoTrochu
06-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Going for a drink. Or two. Or half a dozen.

http://vader.joemonster.org/upload/rqe/1392894a415d70dTabela.png

Bobby of Tulsa
06-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Have a good time sir.:)

David G
06-07-2015, 01:56 PM
What are the scores? Are you in a darts league? <G>

L.W. Baxter
06-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Whatever it is, he appears to be winning. Lech Posnan?

Peerie Maa
06-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Whatever it is, he appears to be winning. Lech Posnan?

Soccer, yanow the round ball. Winning the local league.

Paul Pless
06-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Going for a drink. Or two. Or half a dozen.Bet the house on GKS Betchatow, eh?

L.W. Baxter
06-07-2015, 02:53 PM
So, soccer fans drink? First I've heard of that.

bobbys
06-07-2015, 02:54 PM
What are the scores? Are you in a darts league? <G>

It's a croquet league silly Wabbit.

I myself hate to brag but I'm pretty good at it..

purri
06-07-2015, 06:18 PM
It's a Poznan team that heads the soccer league list, silly.

Keith Wilson
06-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Dude - those are cites in Poland - Gdansk, Krakow, Warszawa? And note his location, and the team at the top. Congratulations, and I hope you're not too hung over right now. (Results here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Ekstraklasa#Championship_round))

WszystekPoTrochu
06-10-2015, 03:50 PM
those are cites in Poland - Gdansk, Krakow, Warszawa?

Yup.
Lech Poznań got its seventh title in history, and first since 2010. Got second place three times in these years between, so this year's success is far from accidental. The satisfaction is even bigger after noting the fact that our arch-nemesis, Legia Warszawa, has bigger budget than next three richest clubs... combined.
(Don't ask me how they do it, as Lech has twice the attendance of an average top league club and Legia has only 1.5 times of said average)

http://vader.joemonster.org/upload/rqg/xl_1394151c06391de11402499_10152911620.jpg

bamamick
06-11-2015, 07:42 AM
How big is the stadium?

I went to a game at the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen and I think it holds about 60,000? The guys I went with were understandably proud in their beautiful venue, and one of them said 'I am sure you do not have such a stadium in Alabama'. It wasn't a question. Always trying to be polite when talking to my German friends, I didn't boast, or even smile, but I said 'well, this is a beautiful place, but we have three stadiums in Alabama bigger than this one. One that has 105,000 seats, one with 90,000, and one with 70,000. We play college football in them'. He was dumbfounded.

I love the passion of European soccer, and the fans are wonderful, for the most part. And I guess most of the stadiums are small-ish in comparison to American sports venues because there are so many of them in a small space. I mean, how many EPL teams does London have? Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR, Crystal Palace, West Ham, and however many others there are I don't know about? Can you imagine New York City having four NFL teams? And if they did, would all of those tickets get sold for every game?

Come to think of it, they probably would. :)

Congrats on the championship and celebration. I know it must have been a great feeling.

Mickey Lake

WszystekPoTrochu
06-11-2015, 12:17 PM
How big is the stadium?

The stadium is designed for a bit above 43 thousand, with avg attendance a bit above 20 thousand. It is full only on few times in a year, and reaches up to 46 thousand attendees (one tribune is regarded standing only, even though there are chairs installed - I suppose extra three thousand gleefully cram there)

You'd say it's excessive to build a stadium that's only half full on average, and I'd agree. It was originally designed slightly smaller, and doubling as office space:

http://i.imgur.com/pqXKaOPm.jpg

While the first tribune was being built, the UEFA gave Poland and Ukraine the EURO 2012. In order to exceed required 40 thousand seats they upped parts still waiting to be built and resigned from regular office space, but without changing what was already done. Thanks to that we ended up with something I call a turtle:

http://i.imgur.com/8glPKU8.jpg

It's been voted the ugliest euro2012 arena - as the saying goes, "better" is the enemy of "good".
(how on earth did it lose even with Kharkiv?)

But looks aside, it has good acoustics and us fans create a great atmosphere.

bamamick
06-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Oh, I agree. I doubt it looks bad at all to you guys on a night you are hoisting the championship cup!

Mickey Lake

bamamick
06-11-2015, 07:15 PM
O.K., I could not see the photos at work, but now that I am at home, we have this animal here called an armadillo.....:)

Mickey Lake

WszystekPoTrochu
06-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Ya know, turtle and armadillo are both very good comparisons not only because of how stadium looks: Lech Poznań had only 5 lost matches in whole season, while other clubs had lost 9-19. Moreover, they lost only two matches at home, one on aug 3rd and next on may 17th - a whopping 10 months of being undefeated in front of own fans.