PDA

View Full Version : Boatbuilding lumber from Hurricane Juan?

B. Burnside
10-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Just had a call from a Newfoundland boatbuilder suggesting that it might be worth calling the City of Halifax clean-up crews to see what was happening to the downed oaks from Point Pleasant Park. Since we are in BC I'm not even going to think about shipping lumber that far - we have local oak sources anyway. But you guys in Nova Scotia..? I said I would pass along his suggestion to this forum.

Good luck to all of you clearing up.

Barbara

B. Burnside
Just had a call from a Newfoundland boatbuilder suggesting that it might be worth calling the City of Halifax clean-up crews to see what was happening to the downed oaks from Point Pleasant Park. Since we are in BC I'm not even going to think about shipping lumber that far - we have local oak sources anyway. But you guys in Nova Scotia..? I said I would pass along his suggestion to this forum.

Barbara

B. Burnside

Barbara

steadybrook
10-04-2003, 08:23 PM
I would think that someone already has 'dubs' on that lumber.If I recall they had alot of offers to cut it down when the beetle scare was around and they had a band saw mill cutting some of it up then.
IRVING Lumber name seems to have surfaced before and I am sure it will again.
Should be able to buy it from them!!!

steadybrook
I would think that someone already has 'dubs' on that lumber.If I recall they had alot of offers to cut it down when the beetle scare was around and they had a band saw mill cutting some of it up then.

steadybrook

R.J
10-08-2003, 10:52 AM
the problem is, city works are cutting the trees into four foot lenghts. not much good for anyone inless your doing cabin work.

R.J
the problem is, city works are cutting the trees into four foot lenghts. not much good for anyone inless your doing cabin work.

R.J

steadybrook
10-08-2003, 03:28 PM
You can buy wood from the Public Gardens by contacting them at this email address:anne.rogal@ns.sympatico.ca
or call 902-535-2898

steadybrook
You can buy wood from the Public Gardens by contacting them at this email address:anne.rogal@ns.sympatico.ca
or call 902-535-2898

steadybrook
or call 902-535-2898