PDA

View Full Version : Pin striping on royal enfield tanks

Ted Hoppe
06-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Wish I had that steady hand... Obviously the guy does not drink as much coffee as I do.

http://youtu.be/UsTIMxeO_ng

Paul Pless
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Nice handwork.

Everyone that works in that room will have significant hearing loss and possibly tinnitus later in life, no evidence of hearing protection anywhere in that video. I tend to notice such because of mine own hearing loss and tinnitus.

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Impressive freehand!

Figment
06-05-2015, 11:03 AM
More impressive than the steady hand is the clean shirt.

The ability to easily reposition the workpiece is huge. I'm vastly more impressed by the guys who do whole cars.

John of Phoenix
06-05-2015, 11:26 AM
That's amazing.

jonboy
06-05-2015, 12:36 PM
When I was about fourteen we went on a school trip to the AJS Matchless factory in Plumstead S London I watched an old geezer doing just that but he didn't move the tank and he swept the line around in one go, full circle, no retouching or going back.... not knocking this guy's work at all, but it's interesting to see how its done differently.

I think that was a bit of a presentation piece too....I have sort of had my eye on an Indian Royal Enfield for years , but never seen such a glossy tank ...worthy of the finish new HDs have

The Bigfella
06-06-2015, 01:33 AM
There's a new one parked near me in the apartment building car park. Disk brake, etc. Looks quite reasonable. I'd prefer one of the Ferraris that park near it though

purri
06-06-2015, 02:21 AM
arrivisti are the curse of the planet.

PeterSibley
06-06-2015, 02:40 AM
When I was about fourteen we went on a school trip to the AJS Matchless factory in Plumstead S London I watched an old geezer doing just that but he didn't move the tank and he swept the line around in one go, full circle, no retouching or going back.... not knocking this guy's work at all, but it's interesting to see how its done differently.

I think that was a bit of a presentation piece too....I have sort of had my eye on an Indian Royal Enfield for years , but never seen such a glossy tank ...worthy of the finish new HDs have

Some Enfields are very good and some are very bad, unfortunately mine was on of the latter.

Gerarddm
06-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Von Dutch, baby.