PDA

View Full Version : Now this is really cool!

Norman Bernstein
06-05-2015, 07:28 AM
What happens at an airport when there's a six hour delay, and the Broadway casts of both 'The Lion King', and 'Alladin' happen to be the stuck passengers? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=276&v=6ajHZWDP_Vk

ccmanuals
06-05-2015, 10:52 AM
We took the grand sons to see Lion King in San Antonio this past year. I think I actually enjoyed it more than they did. :)

Norman Bernstein
06-05-2015, 10:56 AM
I gave my daughter a pile of cash to take my older granddaughter to see it.... it was expensive, but the video she took of the look on my granddaughter's face, as she watched the opening scene, was worth every damn penny! :)

Keith Wilson
06-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Is the opening scene of the play the same song and general theme as the opening of the movie? It was pretty amazing; the look on my face when I saw it for the first time would have been something to see.

ccmanuals
06-05-2015, 12:02 PM
I gave my daughter a pile of cash to take my older granddaughter to see it.... it was expensive, but the video she took of the look on my granddaughter's face, as she watched the opening scene, was worth every damn penny! :)

Was thinking about this. Prior to the Lion King that last time I saw a broadway play was Jesus Christ Superstar. :)

ccmanuals
06-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Is the opening scene of the play the same song and general theme as the opening of the movie? It was pretty amazing; the look on my face when I saw it for the first time would have been something to see.

Yep, the opening of the play really gives you chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pgZtzDj_7o

Sky Blue
06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
It seems almost silly, but when watching the Lion King with my daughter several years ago, this scene had me visibly moved. There is something about the Disney films that gives things to children, and gives things to the adults who watch the movies with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NmCOsEzjjv4

Norman Bernstein
06-05-2015, 12:44 PM

The play and the movie simply can't be compared; the creativity of the staging, the costumes, etc., as hinted by post #6 is simply unsurpassed. In the Boston production (not sure if this is true of all productions), there were actors in boxes up high on the sides of the theater, and that was the first thing you saw, when it started.... just an absolutely striking production.

Of course, the ticket prices can be nosebleeding.... I wanted my granddaughter to have a really good seat, and in Boston, those tickets were nearly $200 each... but considering that I go to the theater maybe once in 5 years, it was worth every penny, to me.... and to her.

ccmanuals
06-05-2015, 01:02 PM
The play and the movie simply can't be compared; the creativity of the staging, the costumes, etc., as hinted by post #6 is simply unsurpassed. In the Boston production (not sure if this is true of all productions), there were actors in boxes up high on the sides of the theater, and that was the first thing you saw, when it started.... just an absolutely striking production.

Of course, the ticket prices can be nosebleeding.... I wanted my granddaughter to have a really good seat, and in Boston, those tickets were nearly $200 each... but considering that I go to the theater maybe once in 5 years, it was worth every penny, to me.... and to her.

Yep, I agree. Plus the animal actually parade down the aisles during the opening sequence. Your'e right though, the tickets are really pricey.