PDA

View Full Version : Why does this man (Perry) want to be part of a government he hates?

John Smith
06-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Here's an interesting list of some of his views

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/06/04/3665988/9-completely-bonkers-things-newest-gop-presidental-candidate-believes-constitution/

Medicare and Social Security, and other things, he believes are unconstitutional.

Peerie Maa
06-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Here's an interesting list of some of his views

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/06/04/3665988/9-completely-bonkers-things-newest-gop-presidental-candidate-believes-constitution/

Medicare and Social Security, and other things, he believes are unconstitutional.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Unconstitutional?

John Smith
06-04-2015, 02:09 PM
They're HIS beliefs, not mine.

John of Phoenix
06-04-2015, 02:23 PM
reds should be embarrassed that foreign citizens understand our Constitution better than red politicians.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
06-04-2015, 03:15 PM
reds should be embarrassed that foreign citizens understand our Constitution better than red politicians.

Most foreigners in peer nations to the US have a better understanding of US history and world geography. This isn't news.

John of Phoenix
06-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Most foreigners in peer nations to the US have a better understanding of US history and world geography. This isn't news.Which is why it should be so much more embarrassing. But it isn't. They're beyond that - Rockin' the Celebration.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2015, 03:19 PM
I know, I taught over there and comment, as such, many times here! Usually, to deaf ears.:)

LeeG
06-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Unconstitutional?

It's absolutely bizarre how the TP politicians and other mainstream politicians are hell bent on degrading the general welfare. Tax cuts then war.

Gerarddm
06-04-2015, 05:11 PM
More germane is, what makes him even remotely think he is qualified to be president?

I suppose anybody who runs has to have a healthy does of hubris, though.

Osborne Russell
06-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Once he said there were three departments he would eliminate instantly but he could only remember one.

I guess they could throw darts at the chart.

hokiefan
06-04-2015, 05:59 PM
More germane is, what makes him even remotely think he is qualified to be president?

I suppose anybody who runs has to have a healthy does of hubris, though.

It takes a tremendous ego to believe you are the right person to be POTUS. Even the good ones have it.

Cheers,

Bobby

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2015, 06:46 PM

I suppose anybody who runs has to have a healthy does of hubris, though.Nothing!

elf
06-04-2015, 08:34 PM
It's refreshing to see someone running for President who actually is willing to say just what he or she believes "promote the general welfare" means at the Federal level. Clearly Mr. Perry has an extremely limited view of that. The next logical question is whether any other level of government, for instance the States, has any or some of that responsiblity and just what his ideas about that are.