PDA

View Full Version : Supporting WoodenBoat Magazines advertisers

Dan Payne
06-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Counting my receipts since March I've spent just over $5500.00 on West System, System Three, Epifanes, and Hamilton.
Subscriber since '76
Supporting the craft and the movement in my own way. Inspiring and supporting newcomers to do the same.

Ian McColgin
06-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Exactly.

Also, as Dad aged he became a fan of having us all mark the LLBean catalog prior to Christmas with a range of things we might like. I always sent him my highlighted WoodenBoat Store flyer. Made Christmas more fun for my boats.

Dan Payne
06-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Exactly.

Also, as Dad aged he became a fan of having us all mark the LLBean catalog prior to Christmas with a range of things we might like. I always sent him my highlighted WoodenBoat Store flyer. Made Christmas more fun for my boats.

That's great advice as always Ian

We are all thankful for the Magazine and the great people that make it possible as well as this Forum they provide. I feel it's the least I can do is patronize their advertisers that make it a reality,

Ian McColgin
06-04-2015, 06:35 AM
There are, of course, plenty of great vendors of goods and services for woodenboat folk who don't "need" to advertise in WoodenBoat. For example, fond as I am of Defender, they don't have a presence there.

I have a limited budget which means I'm not much of a market force but it also means I think hard about what I'll get and where. That means that where something can be had from a WoodenBoat advertiser and from someone else, I'll get it from the WoodenBoat advertiser even if that's at a slightly higher cost.

From its founding in the seventies, WoodenBoat has been the public spark and cheerleader for the woodenboat renaissance. We now have access to basic tools and knowledge of both traditional and advanced techniques because of WoodenBoat.

Howard Sharp
06-04-2015, 12:43 PM
That's the truth, Ian.

Phil Y
06-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I spent some money in Franklin down in Tassie last week. Not an advertiser, but it was a nice article.

FARMS100
06-04-2015, 08:08 PM
I just finished building a small fishing boat, i got a lot of supplies from jamestown dist. They treated me great
even when i made return of some were i screwed up, they took care of me with no complants will used them again.
Al

Dan Payne
06-07-2015, 11:06 AM
I like Jamestown as well.
Also,buy A LOT of Interlux (I think they used to advertise in WB)

Just illustrating, we all do a lot more than just purchase the magazine. By doing so, we keep WB alive.
I expect to continue doing so as long as I am around.