X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duncan Gibbs
    Ninety percent sandpaper
    • Oct 2007

State of The Bilge Address

Well my løyal, not so loyal and some downright treacherous subjects of this, The Bilge. How is The Bilge looking these days? Pretty good once the BRØTM gets taken out for replacement (in time for June) and you can see a bit better...

I hereby rule that The Bilge shall be ever-more varnished apart from directly on top of the keel where the FILTHY water and drippy bits from the incumbent BROTM collects.

Not that there's been much in the way of filthy water this month. Even my faithful Minister of Dance, Tango with Dawgs, has been relatively restrained with issuance of filthy water, but he's yet to throw some decent shapes in his anointed ministry. PMJ has been AWOL in his position and I'm sure we would all call for his tenure as Minister for State of Engine Disassembly and Reassembly Prôn to be continued indefinitely. I for one miss his threads on the subject and if they were posted in The Bilge rather than B&R and away from the S&O jackboots then the Forum would be better for it. Do it Peter! Do it!

Speaking of S&O jackboots, that McMullet has barely posted down here at all, but he's contemplating a trip to sunny in the morning and raining in the afternoon Singapore. Even so, his Ministry has also been lacklustre so far, in that it, also, has been completely absent. Come on Jimbo! You know what we want!

Pless has continued well with The Ministry of Backup pr0n although, as I well know now I've dipped my toe into the world of Prøn, that it can be a thankless task. A few more gratuitous "Ooooos" and "Ahhhhs" to bump a pr0n/Prøn thread back up top would be welcome from the minions... Pretty please! On the subject of Prôn, however, Mr Ross has excelled and outdone himself. His magnificent thread is hereby anointed to continue as long as this Forum spits electrons across the vast ether of the Intertubes! It is decided!!

Chip's role in The
    MOCAATH (Ministry Of Catering And All Thing Fresh) served up a single tomato which has since vanished, subject the whim of the Great Sky Gnome (so identified by the wanderer, Dingo) who rules us all, and on all levels - and we utter his name in hushed tones - Scot, or just deleted by the Minister... Who nose? I'm expecting a banquet before month's end...

The Minister for Th'yartz has also been a bit threadbare, but he has posted a few videos, but I expect a flourish of curatorial activity as this term of BRØTM draws to a close... He's got to have something big planned. A blockbuster exhibition? A history of sculpture in the Roman Empire? Immanuel Kant and the Development Critical Theory? Something! Anything!!

Donn only served up a single offering in his position as
    Minister for the Development And Collection of Bilge Vernacular, although he did actually correct me once... When I appointed him.

Jim Mahan added a reasonable amount as Minister for Stuff. I felt it was reasonable. I did.

Thankfully I didn't drop off the twig and Katherine wasn't called upon to step into my average sized shoes.

David G and Norman have stepped into the void of constant political threads that a meagre presence of RonW and RodB (is he stilled banneded?) although they got a bit of competition from Geng', but even he's not on a rapid-fire setting any more. What's up with that?

Anyway, varnished it is...

Seems wrong... almost...
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93
  • LeeG
    • May 2002

Re: State of The Bilge Address

A varnished Bilge!

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
      Ancient Mariner
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LeeG
      A varnished Bilge!
      That's done for transparency! All above board ya know!

Comment

• Garret
        Hills of Vermont
        • Apr 2005

I think the toenails need varnish too. Get on that, willya?
        "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Comment

• switters
          S/V Pi
          • Oct 2007

It has been a good month during your rain of boat pron.
          Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
          TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Comment

• David G
            • Dec 2003

Thanks for the mention - but Norman is the master... past & present. <G>
            David G
            Harbor Woodworks
            https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• bobbys
              • Jun 2009

Duncanthank you for a fine job, it's a tough act for anyone to follow, Still Im hopeing for a merican instead of a fer ner, I do not get the Fer ners jokes or stuffy Pom like lectures., However at least you gave appointments and did not play favorites. When one of the pub people get in they just give jobs to their drinking buddies and mayhem ensues.

Comment

• Michael D. Storey
                • Nov 2009

Remember that fella from California, had a moustache, I think, a big, real nice boat. Now that was a so-clean-you-can-eat-off-it bilge. I understand that he isn't doin well these days. Anyone in touch with him? Remelt, something that looked like that for a last name.

Comment

• Duncan Gibbs
                  Ninety percent sandpaper
                  • Oct 2007

ramillet (Bob Millet) and, yes, that's his amazing bilge in his amazing yacht Olinka. Any idea what's wrong with him? Maybe Jay Greer knows?

Bob was a staunch supporter of Dennis Holland, right up to his death and helped out with Dennis's estate afterward too IIRC. Nice guy. I'll drop him a PM.
                  Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
                  Mirror 30141
                  Looe
                  Dragon KA93

Comment

• Paul Pless
                    pinko commie tree hugger
                    • Oct 2003

You forgot to mention that Ish returned to the bilge under your watch. . .
                    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Duncan Gibbs
                      Ninety percent sandpaper
                      • Oct 2007

Darn tootin'! I'm a Jack Magnet!
                      Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
                      Mirror 30141
                      Looe
                      Dragon KA93

Comment

• purri
                        • Sep 2009

Thanks for your forebearance Duncan.
                        Xanthorrea

Comment

• Michael D. Storey
                          • Nov 2009

Regards the opening pic, what does it mean when your 'index' toe is longer than your big toe?

Comment

• Duncan Gibbs
                            Ninety percent sandpaper
                            • Oct 2007

I don't know Michael. Thanks for your heads up about Bob BTW. I've been in touch with him and he hasn't had a terrific time for a while now. Needless to say I won't breach his privacy, other than ask everyone to send him good thoughts.
                            Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
                            Mirror 30141
                            Looe
                            Dragon KA93

Comment

• TerryLL
                              Lake Pend Oreille Idaho
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Michael D. Storey
                              Regards the opening pic, what does it mean when your 'index' toe is longer than your big toe?

Comment

Working...