PDA

View Full Version : A prominent economist poses...

David G
05-22-2015, 07:13 PM
as human <G>

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/janet-yellen-just-made-one-180927211.html

Here's the full passage from Yellen's speech:
Putting it all together, the economic projections of most members of the FOMC call for growth in real gross domestic product of roughly 2-1/2 percent per year over the next couple of years, a little faster than the pace of the recovery thus far, with the unemployment rate continuing to move down to near 5 percent by the end of this year. And for inflation, as I noted earlier, my colleagues and I expect inflation to move up toward our objective of 2 percent as the economy strengthens further and as transitory influences wane.
Of course, the outlook for the economy, as always, is highly uncertain. I am describing the outlook that I see as most likely, but based on many years of making economic projections, I can assure you that any specific projection I write down will turn out to be wrong, perhaps markedly so. For many reasons, output and job growth over the next few years could prove to be stronger, and inflation higher, than I expect; correspondingly, employment could grow more slowly, and inflation could remain undesirably low.

George Jung
05-22-2015, 07:15 PM
More likely, 'deniability clause'. Damned lawyers must've talked with her.

David G
05-22-2015, 07:16 PM
More likely, 'deniability clause'. Damned lawyers must've talked with her.

Actually... from reading a bit of her work over the years... I think she actually IS more human than most in the field.

Paul Pless
05-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Actually... from reading a bit of her work over the years... I think she actually IS more human than most in the field.

I've been reading her for a long time myself. I like her too.

George Jung
05-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Damn. I liked your other thread better.