PDA

View Full Version : ' The trouble with Kansas ' -still

Gerarddm
04-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Ripe for abuse:

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/27/kansas_could_put_teachers_in_prison_for_assigning_ books_prosecutors_dont_like/

BrianY
04-29-2015, 09:11 AM
With all the crap teachers have to deal with nowadays, I wonder why anyone would ever want to go into that profession?

Ian McColgin
04-29-2015, 09:19 AM
The Index Librorum Prohibitorum is back.

S.V. Airlie
04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
I am just NOT that surprised anymore! Book burning, 5pm on Mon-Sat. at the state capitol. Sunday is reserved for prayer.

GregH
04-29-2015, 10:52 AM
With all the crap teachers have to deal with nowadays, I wonder why anyone would ever want to go into that profession?

I agree. My wife & I both taught for 35 years, and all in all, both loved it. But neither of us can (nor want to) imagine what it must be like today.

Waddie
04-29-2015, 02:30 PM
I would want my sixth grader to learn about oral sex. The sooner the better in fact. And with kids being so visual today, I would hope they show them an instructional video. Home work optional.....

regards,
Waddie

CWSmith
04-29-2015, 02:55 PM
I would want my sixth grader to learn about oral sex. The sooner the better in fact. And with kids being so visual today, I would hope they show them an instructional video. Home work optional.....

regards,
Waddie

Sarcasm? Please, I do hope it's sarcasm...

From what I'm told, this is actually a very big deal in school today. It's common and considered "not sex". It's also routinely unprotected.

Waddie
04-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Sarcasm? Please, I do hope it's sarcasm...

From what I'm told, this is actually a very big deal in school today. It's common and considered "not sex". It's also routinely unprotected.

Wonder where they got that idea?

regards,
Waddie

Keith Wilson
04-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes, trying to keep kids ignorant is definitely the way to keep them from doing anything you don't want them to do. http://www.reduser.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif (Heavy sarcasm, in case it isn't obvious.)

skuthorp
04-29-2015, 04:29 PM
The 'United' part of your countries title seems to become less and less relevant and more and more empty rhetoric as the years go on.

Waddie
04-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes, trying to keep kids ignorant is definitely the way to keep them from doing anything you don't want them to do. http://www.reduser.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif (Heavy sarcasm, in case it isn't obvious.)

There is a time and place for everything. I'm not so sure sixth grade (middle school in Kansas) is the right time to study oral sex. High school seems more appropriate.

regards,
Waddie

Waddie
04-29-2015, 05:53 PM
The 'United' part of your countries title seems to become less and less relevant and more and more empty rhetoric as the years go on.

Depends on your definition of united.

regards,
Waddie

hokiefan
04-29-2015, 06:56 PM
There is a time and place for everything. I'm not so sure sixth grade (middle school in Kansas) is the right time to study oral sex. High school seems more appropriate.

regards,
Waddie

That might have been an apt thought when I was a kid way back in the day. But kids are having sex very young these days. No, I wouldn't teach the finer of points of performing oral sex, but I sure do think teaching them that they can transmit diseases that way is very appropriate. My $0.02

Cheers,

Bobby