PDA

View Full Version : Special Treatment?

Ian McColgin
04-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Nichole Wallace has recently repeated the right wing meme that Sarah Palin was “treated differently” and “targeted” in the mainstream press. Perhaps she is too blind to appreciate that Palin made herself a target by her beauty pageant approach to answering question. This is an unfortunate approach to slinging cow dung not at all confined to women. Wallace is perhaps too young (or suffers from right wing memory disorder) to recall that Dan Quayle earned the same treatment for the same reasons. For those who have forgotten, below are a few quaylities.

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

It's time for the human race to enter the solar system.

Bank failures are caused by depositors who don't deposit enough money to cover losses due to mismanagement.

I understand the importance of bondage between parent and child.

Republicans have been accused of abandoning the poor. It's the other way around. They never vote for us.

I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag, and to the Savior, for whose Kingdom it stands, one Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again, with life and liberty for all who believe.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dan_quayle.html

# # #

Now, ponder the reality that all popping out of the Republican Clown Car make these two losers look smart.

Osborne Russell
04-20-2015, 10:30 AM
The people from the McCain campaign have that thing where they have come to love their captors.

Vince Brennan
04-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Stockbroker's Syndrome?

Tom Montgomery
04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I remember that it was Dan Quayle who inspired the following joke:

"Why did the chicken cross the road? To join the National Guard."

Sarah Palin suffered no sharper criticism or ridicule than did Vice President Quayle.

Rum_Pirate
04-20-2015, 02:37 PM
The people from the McCain campaign have that thing where they have come to love their captors.

Stockholm syndrome.

S.V. Airlie
04-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Potatoe!

purri
04-20-2015, 05:57 PM
With the GOP it's stockbroker syndrome...
Stockholm syndrome.