PDA

View Full Version : A lonely wife

Katherine
04-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Is a lonely wife, especially when the only waking creature is the collie puppy that had surgery two days ago. Paul's out of town, my back is killing me, and it seems I've worn all the other animals out. Thank God for the internet!

seanz
04-18-2015, 09:04 PM
The internet will tell you that not everybody has a puppy.

Katherine
04-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Ok, basically I'm bored, in pain, and want to be entertained. Totally self serving, but I'm going to go with the truth.

Reynard38
04-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Did the puppy eat something he shouldn't have?

seanz
04-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Do some stretches...and then groom a vicious cat...that's what I did, great for the reflexes.
:)

Katherine
04-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Puppy got neutered and had a hernia repaired. He'd play if I let him, but the vet instructed quiet.

Phil Y
04-18-2015, 09:55 PM
We have a brand of washing powder here called Omo. I heard once that army wives in Wagga Wagga, which is one of our major army base towns, would put a box of Omo in the front window when Hubby was away on exercises, and she was feeling lonely. OMO. On My Own.....

purri
04-18-2015, 09:58 PM
^ or Old Man Out. Upon return it would be a carton of FAB aka Fat Arse Back... FEMINIST cultural equivalence y'know

Rich Jones
04-18-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm sure Paul would suggest loosening up your back by raking out the winter's worth of ruts in that mile long mud driveway you have.... It would also take care of the boredom and might even be entertaining.:d

Mrleft8
04-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Puppy got neutered and had a hernia repaired. He'd play if I let him, but the vet instructed quiet.

What happened to the Collie?......
OH! Wait! I thought you werre referring to Slim..... NEVER MIND!

Syed
04-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Sing a song.

Chip-skiff
04-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Sorry you're bored.

If the wolves are howling, don't go outside.

Nanoose
04-19-2015, 12:00 AM
What 'r you drinking?

bobbys
04-19-2015, 01:48 AM
best medicine for a woman that is bored is to tidy up the place, do some baking, knit some hats and scarfs, catch up on the laundry, write cards and correspond with old friends, a busy wife makes for a pleasant home for the husband!lol

skuthorp
04-19-2015, 02:06 AM
:D:D
best medicine for a woman that is bored is to tidy up the place, do some baking, knit some hats and scarfs, catch up on the laundry, write cards and correspond with old friends, a busy wife makes for a pleasant home for the husband!lol
What?? No Kat no! Get your copy of the Small Boat catalogue off the shelf, pick one you like, do some internet research, see if there's space for a build, dive in the deep end in Designs and Plans, search to see if someone else somewhere is already building………….
Then put your favourite music on, the stuff that Paul doesn't really fancy, and put it on LOUD!:D

purri
04-19-2015, 02:12 AM
Yo ass izz set to be whooped!

bobbys
04-19-2015, 02:40 AM
jus dunno be copying my post I was going to remove it before she woke up, now I'm in for it!

epoxyboy
04-19-2015, 03:01 AM
jus dunno be copying my post I was going to remove it before she woke up, now I'm in for it!
And that's how the fight started :d.

Grab a glass of wine, mug of hot chocolate or whatever spins your wheels, curl up in your favourite comfy chair, and catch up on all those movies that you wanted to see, but Paul didn't. After you've had enough of LOUD music. Bummer about the sore back, that can sure take the gloss off some quiet time.

Pete

ChaseKenyon
04-19-2015, 03:51 AM
:dmany hugs babe and anything else wyou require. But you have to remember this is an old DOD service broken body working on recovery. They finally gave me a new hip and now I am cleared after 6 years ot go back on snow. Used to be the senior snowboard staff trainer, and the snowboard and ski extreme carving trainer at 3 major mountains. so so at my age bring it on babe. MOM was Katheryn she was Onondaga and Akwesasne (https://www.google.com/search?es_sm=93&q=Akwesasne&sa=X&ei=-GszVanpFIWDsAX1pYHoCg&ved=0CBsQ7xYoAA) mohawk so 100% Iroquois. So you can get anything you want a Alice's restaurant. Been there from before fame and can take you there now.:ycool:

ChaseKenyon
04-19-2015, 03:54 AM
Y>
We have a brand of washing powder here called Omo. I heard once that army wives in Wagga Wagga, which is one of our major army base towns, would put a box of Omo in the front window when Hubby was away on exercises, and she was feeling lonely. OMO. On My Own.....

mmmmmm

Paul Pless
04-19-2015, 05:50 AM
christ

seanz
04-19-2015, 06:49 AM
:D:D:D

purri
04-19-2015, 06:52 AM
^yup,

Upshur
04-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Go out to the Upshurs' and look at the gardens.BYOB

Katherine
04-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Go out to the Upshurs' and look at the gardens.BYOBnot a bad idea, but I need to work on ours. I slept and slept, like for 12 hours straight. I didn't realize I was that tired, but now I feel MUCH better!

Gerarddm
04-19-2015, 10:30 AM
There is a saying that salt is the cure for what ails you - tears, sweat, or salt water.

Katherine
04-19-2015, 10:37 AM
The fur babies are enjoying all the attention right now. They are spoiled already, now it's just icing on the cake for them.

WX
04-19-2015, 03:46 PM
:D:D
What?? No Kat no! Get your copy of the Small Boat catalogue off the shelf, pick one you like, do some internet research, see if there's space for a build, dive in the deep end in Designs and Plans, search to see if someone else somewhere is already building………….
Then put your favourite music on, the stuff that Paul doesn't really fancy, and put it on LOUD!:D

I like Jeff's idea.:)

LeeG
04-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Sing a song.

Watch a musical!

LeeG
04-19-2015, 05:16 PM
not a bad idea, but I need to work on ours. I slept and slept, like for 12 hours straight. I didn't realize I was that tired, but now I feel MUCH better!

Isn't it wonderful? Truly deep sleep is great.

CWSmith
04-19-2015, 09:03 PM
I don't mean to project any assumption, but I had 2 interesting conversations lately.

First, my wife said that she wishes she had more and better friends. She likes mine, and they like her, but she has very few of her own. I suggested that it might be a result of the awful way younger girls treat one another. I escaped punishment in spite of that.

Second, when retelling that story to a friend today, he said that his wife also has very few friends.

Women need better support groups, simple friendships, and a greater sense of their own value. But I'm a guy, so what do I know?

Phil Y
04-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Interesting. In my world it's my wife and her female friends who seem to have the strong friendships, and generally shape the social framework of their families.