PDA

View Full Version : How and why ...

Jim Bow
04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
How did they put it there? Why did they put it there?
http://www.ewillys.com/wp-content/uploads2/2010/01/photos_bottles_willys.jpg

BrianW
04-16-2015, 02:02 AM
Ramps? To sell bonds?

skuthorp
04-16-2015, 05:28 AM
A group of high school boys I knew put a teachers car sideways across the rails of a footbridge over a canal. Had to be retrieved by crane as the teacher wouldn't allow the same boys to retrieve it lest they injure themselves. Far to heavy for you to lift" he said.

Re the jeep, recruiting, publicity or bond sales maybe, and what did the Andrews sisters look like about then?
Modern day H&S would have a fit.

purri
04-16-2015, 05:44 AM
Perhaps a celebration of feminine empowerment...

AndyG
04-16-2015, 05:49 PM
The University of Newcastle Upon Tyne's 'Rag Week' was banned shortly before I attended in the early 80s after a Ford Transit van was left suspended by chains under the Tyne Bridge.

Student pranks, eh?!

Andy

SMARTINSEN
04-16-2015, 06:22 PM
It is tough to see, but only four beer bottles support the weight.

ron ll
04-16-2015, 06:50 PM
A few years ago, my morning coffee clatch was a group of regulars at the counter at Charlie's, the cafe at Shilshole Bay Marina. The building had a covered drive-thru at the entrance with a half dozen or so parking spaces along the curb. Technically the drive-thru was one-way but no one paid attention to that except one local grouch who would leave a note on your windshield and report you to the marina office if you parked the wrong direction. So one morning when the grouch's car was parked there, the proper direction of course, one of the morning regulars who ran a nearby auto repair shop, brought a floor jack and we went out and turned grouch's car an about face in his parking space. He came back in after discovering it yelling and screaming and threatening to have us all arrested while we were all rolling on the floor with laughter.