PDA

View Full Version : If Hillary wins....

epoxyboy
04-12-2015, 01:54 AM
Do you think you'd get Hillary as her own self, or Bill by proxy?
As a 'foreigner', the way several families in the US have produced multiple presidents seems a bit weird, like taking brand loyalty to some kind of self inflicted extreme.

Pete

skuthorp
04-12-2015, 04:10 AM
I think Hill. is her own woman, and she's been Sec of State and knows what's what. And she is probably the best qualified candidate as well, work experience if you will.
But Bill as first bloke? That will be funny. Of course he could 'abdicate' in favour of his daughter……………..

seanz
04-12-2015, 04:16 AM
What do you mean 'if'?

skuthorp
04-12-2015, 06:19 AM
BTW, can Bill be VP? Oh not as a running mate for election but if the VP should resign early for some personal reason………………...:ycool:

Rich Jones
04-12-2015, 07:20 AM
She'll be her own President, but I'm sure she'll take Bill's counsel on many things. He was a shrewd guy who had an excellent presidency up until Monica. I'll never forgive him for that. I still feel that we ended up with George W. because of it. What a disaster.
I'll be awaiting Hillary's speech today so I can send her my first check. This time around, she is far and away the ONLY candidate with the credentials to become a successful President.

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 07:26 AM
If Hillary wins.... We'll get to see Wayne LaPierre's head explode.

peb
04-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Bill has had 16 years getting used to being a former president. I don't want Hillary to win, but her husband is not the reason.

elf
04-12-2015, 07:52 AM
This time around, she is far and away the ONLY candidate with the credentials to become a successful President.

Unfortunately.

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Whatever

Kevin T
04-12-2015, 07:55 AM
We'll get to see Wayne LaPierre's head explode.

But deep down inside he'll be secretly thrilled, as it will deliver the results his corporate overlords desire.

Wayne and every gun manufacturer pray nightly for a permanent democratic resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue because the false narrative of "Democrats as gun grabbers" sells more guns than any possible ad campaign they could ever dream up.

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 08:03 AM
strewth

Kevin T
04-12-2015, 08:07 AM
^ Just calling me as I see em. :-)

woodpile
04-12-2015, 08:12 AM
"IF" would you like to see your daughter be a white house intern?

Jim Mahan
04-12-2015, 08:15 AM
^ Just calling me as I see em. :-)

Didn't you mean 'Just calling em as I see me?'

Kevin T
04-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Didn't you mean 'Just calling em as I see me?'
???

Kevin T
04-12-2015, 08:19 AM
"IF" would you like to see your daughter be a white house intern? You either don't have much faith in how you raised your daughter, or you believe that Mrs Clinton is a lesbian, because the meme is the aphrodisiac power of the office. :-)

Which is it? :-)

Jim Mahan
04-12-2015, 08:34 AM
As a career public person, and for years now being the presumptive presidential candidate, the honorable Mrs. Clinton has weathered it all,displaying a character worthy of a head of state. If she becomes president, and acts exactly as she has so far, her place in the history books will already be well established, it may well be the most important modern administration, it will certainly be a double-header, and the usual crop of Republicans, on a two-term roll of Obama-obstruction, are going to smolder for eight years of having their backsides handed to them.

beernd
04-12-2015, 09:08 AM
She'll be her own President, but I'm sure she'll take Bill's counsel on many things. He was a shrewd guy who had an excellent presidency up until Monica. I'll never forgive him for that. I still feel that we ended up with George W. because of it. What a disaster.
I'll be awaiting Hillary's speech today so I can send her my first check. This time around, she is far and away the ONLY candidate with the credentials to become a successful President.

I agree with that.

Any Republican with 2 living brain cells should vote for Hillary

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 09:11 AM
her place in the history books will already be well established
Just as Obama is the first black president, she'll be the first female president. Both historic, yes; but beyond that a whole lot blah. . .

John Smith
04-12-2015, 09:16 AM
There are so many unpredictable possibilities. Presidents are often defined by the events of their terms, some of which they have control over and some of which they have little or no control over.

I'm looking at one possibility. A large number of Americans see the Republican field as a clown car. They are going to get national attention as they go through the primaries. They will also be seen as representatives of the GOP.

This gives Hillary the opportunity, possibly, to look like the only adult. Last GOP primary ALL their candidates went on record as denying Evolution. This cycle they may all go on record as denying Climate Change. Perhaps they'll all go on record as opposing raising the minimum wage.

There are many areas where they may go on record to please their primary voters that will turn off most of the public.

If Clinton takes advantage of this, she has the opportunity to make the Republicans literally look stupid, and she can come off as the only real adult in the race.

There is the potential here for the GOP candidates to define the GOP by their own words. They might be asked about voting rights issues, anti-abortion laws passing in GOP controlled states. I believe two states now prohibit the use of the words "Climate Change", and they may be asked about that.

I have no idea how all this actually will play out, or even if these questions will be asked. I can envision Clinton having a weekly interview or some forum where she responds to all the questions the Republican candidates were asked that week.

It is possible she wins and has to deal with GOP majorities in congress. It's also possible she wins and the GOP candidates convince a lot of folks to vote for Democrats and she governs with Democrats in command of both chambers.

I'm likely without much company, but I'd really like to see a filibuster proof majority in the senate, a majority in the house, and a Democrat in the White House.

In my view, that will get bills passed aimed at our infrastructure getting repaired and modernized. We'll see minimum wage to up to something realistic. We'll see national incentives to go green. Student loan debt will be reduced. Etc.

We need congress to vote to get these things done. If the GOP is able, in congress, to prevent them from being done, they won't get done. We need them done.

We really don't know what kind of president anyone makes until they're in the job. Obama needed some on the job training. Hillary's unique background MAY mean less on the job training is needed. She'll still need congress to get much done.

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Obama needed some on the job training. still does, but its too late for any 'change you can believe in' at this point. . .

ccmanuals
04-12-2015, 11:37 AM
We'll get to see Wayne LaPierre's head explode.

"Eight Years Of One Demographically Symbolic President Is Enough"....Wayne LaPierre

(translation, we need to get a white, male conservative in the WH)

Gerarddm
04-12-2015, 12:06 PM
I am still suspicious of her, but she is still head and shoulders above any Republican alternative I can think of.

BTW, I had an epiphany: if she taps Elizabeth Warren as Veep and Warren agrees, the resulting electoral bloodbath will rival Nixon's humiliation of George McGovern. Two powerful women in charge? Republicans wouldn't recover for a generation.

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 12:18 PM
"Eight Years Of One Demographically Symbolic President Is Enough"....Wayne LaPierrehe really said that?

ccmanuals
04-12-2015, 12:23 PM
he really said that?

Sure, you can watch it here, it is pretty disturbing how hateful this guy is.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/04/12/nras-wayne-lapierre-on-clinton-and-obama-eight/203250

Keith Wilson
04-12-2015, 12:29 PM
"Eight Years Of One Demographically Symbolic President Is Enough"....Wayne LaPierreOh, my! He said it in public, too. The man's quite a piece of work.

Kevin T
04-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Sure, you can watch it here, it is pretty disturbing how hateful this guy is.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/04/12/nras-wayne-lapierre-on-clinton-and-obama-eight/203250

Oh yes he said it and finished with the universal code words I've heard so often over the last six years; "elect a person who shares our values."

Who's going to be the first to step forward and deny the racism in those last three words.

Anyone that does is either brain dead or has absolutely zero sense of what nuance is. Or perhaps they suffer the only other possible cause of being unable to recognize how freighted those words are, we must conclude they suffer from the literalism that a person inflicted with Aspergers and how they would view the world.

epoxyboy
04-12-2015, 02:32 PM
What do you mean 'if'?
Do I need to remind you of Bush1 S1E1, Bush2 S1E1, S1E2. You know how they love reviving old series over there, and they have cast the lead man for Bush3.

Pete

John Smith
04-12-2015, 02:48 PM
There's a lot of what's to come that's outside of our control. Some may, or may not, force Hillary into a primary challenge. Not within my control. I think those who believe such a challenge is necessary show a lack of imagination. Might be Hillary and her campaign people also lack imagination.

I believe it is entirely possible for her to find ways to comment on GOP primaries, make her views known, and look, to 70% of the voters, like a thoughtful, experienced adult.

I'm not saying this will happen, only that it's entirely possible and quite likely.

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 02:53 PM
i think those who think she won't face a primary challenger have an over active imagination. . .

Paul Pless
04-12-2015, 02:55 PM
I believe it is entirely possible for her to find ways to comment on GOP primaries, make her views known, and look, to 70% of the voters, like a thoughtful, experienced adult.why in the world do you think this so unusual? its how every first term sitting president faces his opponents for re-election

David G
04-12-2015, 02:56 PM
i think those who think she won't face a primary challenger have an over active imagination. . .

Hmmmm... maybe an UNDERactive imagination...

Gerarddm
04-12-2015, 03:28 PM
She will have some primary opponent(s). Whether they will be effective or not remains to be seen.

skuthorp
04-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Refering to a 'republican bloodbath', it may well be that such a storm is what is needed to put the GOP back on track as a viable alternative government, because another 8 years of the present tactics will result in another Dem. president I reckon