PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Walks Out of Live Interview for The Guardian.

Arizona Bay
04-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Not ready for prime time...

Rand Paul ends Q&A when pressed on GOP voters' views on race and policingThe Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul walked out of a live interview with the Guardian on Friday, in his third testy exchange with a journalist since launching his campaign for president (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/07/rand-paul-announces-2016-presidential-bid-website) three days ago.

The Kentucky senator abruptly ended the interview when he was pressed over whether his campaign focus on the racial imbalances of criminal justice reform would win him support among Republicans (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/republicans).
“I think your premise is incorrect,” he said, in the interview in Iowa City. “Actually, I think I can take that message into a white evangelical church anywhere in Iowa (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/iowa) and give exactly the same speech and be received well.”
When the reporter attempted a follow-up remark – referring to a DecemberWashington Post-ABC poll (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/04/07/rand-pauls-criminal-justice-challenge-and-how-he-might-deal-with-it/) that showed roughly two-thirds of Republicans to believe minorities receive the same treatment as whites under the criminal justice system – Paul walked out of shot.

More and video
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/10/rand-paul-walks-out-live-interview

Ian McColgin
04-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Paul's a complete jerk even when he might be right. Of course our criminal justice system has huge racial imbalances. And the right sort of populist could make that work in just the same way LBJ won elections in the '30s uniting rural poor, both white and black. The problem is, Paul (like his father) does not really believe in racial equality enough to carry the message. He will blow out soon.

RonW
04-10-2015, 08:42 PM
I don't have a problem with that, it shows leadership qualities where one isn't going to put up with... And I see Ian was able to play his race card..Ant the truth of really happened is............

--GUARDIAN CAUGHT LYING ABOUT RAND PAUL WALKING OUT OF INTERVIEW ..

The same mainstream media that regularly gives tongue baths to Barack Obama is currently coordinating a narrative around Republican Senator Rand Paul’s temperament. Earlier this week, NBC’s Chuck Todd and the Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza denigrated their female colleagues by suggesting Paul needs to be nicer to them. This line of attack paints Paul as both a sexist and temperamental. Friday, The Guardian tried to join this Ready-For-Hillary pile on but was caught lying.

Friday morning The Guardian told the world that during an interview, Paul not only walked our of an interview but shut the lights out on them. The reporter falsely suggested the same.

It was all a lie. In the video, you’ll see Paul tells the reporter he only has time for one more question. Once that question is asked and answered, the reporter presses on. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I do it all the time in interviews.

Paul, however, had an interview scheduled with CNN’s Dana Bash. So he walks off. There’s also nothing wrong with that. Abruptly cutting off an interviewer pushing the time limit happens all the time. It’s happened to me. You don’t know that, though, because I’m a professional. I don’t crybaby about it or try to sucker punch my interview subjects by making an issue out of a non-issue.

It also turns out that it was CNN who shut off the lights, probably to optimize whatever lighting set-up they had in place for their own Rand Paul interview.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/04/10/guardian-caught-lying-about-rand-paul-walking-out-of-interview/

Arizona Bay
04-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Breitbart in one!

RonW
04-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Breitbart in one!

The story of the guardian lying is being like right now broadcast on the national news, looks like the guardian has no journalistic values of any validity.

Steve McMahon
04-10-2015, 09:12 PM
The story of the guardian lying is being like right now broadcast on the national news, looks like the guardian has no journalistic values of any validity.

Faux National News no doubt.

Arizona Bay
04-10-2015, 09:12 PM

Obviously you didn't read the entire article.

Strike 2

S.V. Airlie
04-10-2015, 09:16 PM
AB, just ignore Ron! He's not worth the effort to respond to!

Chip-skiff
04-10-2015, 09:17 PM

FYI: Guardian is ordinarily capitalized. By national news I assume you mean Fox News (also capitalized) which means that the usual suspects are in full cry. Your comment on journalistic values indicates you are unfamiliar with The Guardian and wouldn't recognize a journalistic value if it crawled up your leg and sank its fangs in your little-boy parts.

Time for you to go to your bedroom and stop bothering the adults.

RonW
04-10-2015, 09:20 PM
FYI: Guardian is ordinarily capitalized. By national news I assume you mean Fox News (also capitalized) which means that the usual suspects are in full cry. Your comment on journalistic values indicates you are unfamiliar with The Guardian and wouldn't recognize a journalistic value if it crawled up your leg and sank its fangs in your little-boy parts.

Time for you to go to your bedroom and stop bothering the adults.

So you and those above who posted after I reported the story is a lie, have no problem in this type of journalism ..

Chip-skiff
04-10-2015, 09:22 PM
So you and those above who posted after I reported the story is a lie, have no problem in this type of journalism ..

Could we have a translation?

S.V. Airlie
04-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Could we have a translation?You shouldn't ask for the impossible!

Arizona Bay
04-10-2015, 09:24 PM
RW never disappoints, much like Michelle Bachmann, or Cruz, or Paul, or Palin... etc. :D

Arizona Bay
04-10-2015, 09:27 PM

You didn't read the entire story, bucko.

Form the OP.

Seconds later, the lights were turned off by a CNN producer who was about to begin another interview with the candidate.Paul’s campaign team had agreed to an interview, which would be broadcast live on the smartphone app Periscope, that would last between six and eight minutes. Paul ended the exchange after four minutes and 50 seconds.

Buh by now...

Jim Bow
04-11-2015, 12:05 AM
I don't have a problem with that, it shows leadership qualities where one isn't going to put up with

In other words, leadership means running away.

BrianW
04-11-2015, 02:32 AM
You mean a presidential candidate who offered one last question, then answered it, then left a podcast 1 minute 10 seconds early to attend another scheduled interview is not fit for duty?

Tough crowd. Or a crowd with a built in bias, and an extreme sensitivity to the minutiae.

Cheese with that whine?

S.V. Airlie
04-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Boy he's scheduling these interviews pretty dang close together then Brian if that's the case! Or, he scheduled them that way on purpose.

Ian McColgin
04-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Actually, the interview looked pretty normal, answers fine, and he really did say, and the interviewer really did agree, 'one more question'. The interviewer just tried to get one more one more.

My opinion of Paul did not go up in the slightest. But the interviewer was attempting a sort of 'gotcha' interview but failed, letting Paul control the situation. Mainly the interviewer was a jerk. The best "gotcha" moments happen when an interviewer asks good questions that are objective rather than leading. Then the interviewee who is trying to hide something or deceive will just walk right into the trap of his or her own making.

John Smith
04-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Paul has a problem. His "base" refuses to see racism still exists. Even if he wants to delve into this area, he can't without taking a stand that will kill his chances of winning the primary or provide fodder for ads against him in the general.

He also has his own words about the Civil rights act that will eventually catch up to him.

Tom Hunter
04-11-2015, 09:29 AM
There is a lot of commentary on the Guardian from people who start by saying :"I'm not a Rand Paul supporter" and end by saying "the headline is misleading." I saw commentary attacking Paul, but very little comment that defended the headline, I think the Guardian screwed up on this one.

I like the Guardian a lot, but this seems like its a clickbait headline.

The Bigfella
04-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Good to see the big issues getting an airing in the US

The Bigfella
04-11-2015, 09:43 AM
You can't trust any of that Britisher media

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/2cb9f48283265c638e57345aa496e889.jpg

Canoeyawl
04-11-2015, 11:59 AM
You mean a presidential candidate who offered one last question, then answered it, then left a podcast 1 minute 10 seconds early to attend another scheduled interview is not fit for duty??

Reminds me of a candidate that doesn't finish their term as governor before setting off after another windmill.