PDA

View Full Version : Progress: PA will be Happy

Barry
04-10-2015, 04:34 PM
This is a good thing, perhaps other state will follow New Mexico's lead.

Press Release | 04/10/2015

New Mexico Governor Signs Historic Property Rights Protections into Law
New Mexico outlaws civil asset forfeiture, aka “Policing for profit”

https://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2015/04/new-mexico-governor-signs-historic-property-rights-protections-law

Phillip Allen
04-10-2015, 04:38 PM
it's a start... I want to see ALL property returned with interest in the case of money and with equivalent rent in the case of physical property... they can take it from the policeman's benevolent funds and bonuses/retirement of management... they knew they were stealing when they did it

Paul Pless
04-10-2015, 04:40 PM
I want to see ALL property returned with interest in the case of money and with equivalent rent in the case of physical property... they can take it from the policeman's benevolent funds and bonuses/retirement of management... they knew they were stealing when they did itdream on

Phillip Allen
04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
dream on

can we have public humiliation and names named for the remainder of the perps' lives then?... I want it to follow them relentlessly

Keith Wilson
04-10-2015, 06:31 PM
New Mexico outlaws civil asset forfeiture . . . That's a good start.

Dumah
04-11-2015, 05:50 AM
We have similar law here, I have no problem with forfiture under "Procedes of Crime", I've bought such at government auction. As I understand it, this was the tactic used to shut down the local HA club house. The forfiture is not final for at least two years after conviction so to allow the possibility of appeal. Not sure of how cash is handled if an appeal is successful.

Dumah

Phillip Allen
04-11-2015, 09:52 AM
We have similar law here, I have no problem with forfiture under "Procedes of Crime", I've bought such at government auction. As I understand it, this was the tactic used to shut down the local HA club house. The forfiture is not final for at least two years after conviction so to allow the possibility of appeal. Not sure of how cash is handled if an appeal is successful.

Dumah
red flag alert!