PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul - the candidacy

David G
04-07-2015, 08:59 PM
I think it's unfair for Rand Paul to run for President when we're still processing the fact that he was elected to the Senate. -- Borowitz

I think Rand Paul's candidacy has peaked. -- Borowitz

Tom Montgomery
04-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Rand Paul may not appear on the Kentucky ballot as a candidate for both POTUS and reelection to the U.S. Senate according to Commonwealth law. I believe that applies to the primary ballot as well as the general election.

So if he must choose between the two.

He does not like this and his campaign intends to challenge the law. He wants to run for both simultaneously.

I cannot wait!

Gerarddm
04-07-2015, 09:13 PM
They will change that law to help him. Lloyd Bentsen did the same thing.

Kevin T
04-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Rand Paul may not appear on the Kentucky ballot as a candidate for both POTUS and reelection to the U.S. Senate according to Commonwealth law. I believe that applies to the primary ballot as well as the general election. So if he must choose between the two. He does not like this and his campaign intends to challenge the law. He wants to run for both simultaneously. I cannot wait!

Which almost sounds like he is conceding the fact that the top job will never be his.

By default one has to ask: If Rand himself is hedging his bets, how can he expect anyone to vote for him. He's lost before he even gets out of the gate.

Paul Pless
04-07-2015, 09:18 PM
there are some things really attractive about paul as a candidate

Tom Montgomery
04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
They will change that law to help him. Lloyd Bentsen did the same thing.
Maybe not. Kentuckians can be contrary. And they don't really quite accept Rand Paul as a true Kentuckian seeing as how he was born in Pennsylvania and raised in Tejas.

Kevin T
04-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Except his lack of courage and belief in his own chances to be a viable candidate.

Paul Pless
04-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Kentuckians can be contrary.

no doubt

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Mitch_McConnell,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress .jpg/300px-Mitch_McConnell,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress .jpg

David G
04-07-2015, 09:26 PM

Well... sure! Who WOULDN'T be smitten with that hair??

Chip-skiff
04-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Well... sure! Who WOULDN'T be smitten with that hair??

Poodle Boy for President!