PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid

Paul Pless
03-27-2015, 09:03 AM
Done.

Norman Bernstein
03-27-2015, 09:04 AM
He had a pretty long run... can't last forever.

Paul Pless
03-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Can't say I'll be sorry to see him go.

Norman Bernstein
03-27-2015, 09:09 AM

That's because you're cantankerous... and he isn't :)

RonW
03-27-2015, 09:12 AM
The National Republican Senatorial Committee responds to Harry Reid's retirement:

“On the verge of losing his own election and after losing the majority, Senator Harry Reid has decided to hang up his rusty spurs. Not only does Reid instantly become irrelevant and a lame duck, his retirement signals that there is no hope for the Democrats to regain control of the Senate. With the exception of Reid, every elected statewide official in Nevada is Republican and this race is the top pickup opportunity for the GOP.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nrsc-reid-instantly-irrelevant-and-lame-duck_900406.html

Gerarddm
03-27-2015, 09:12 AM
If he hadn't fallen I wonder if he would be staying.

He did such a public service by defeating Sharron Angle.

SMARTINSEN
03-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Durbin or Schumer?
to Gerard above, he has said that the exercise accident (he did not fall) was not a consideration.

RonW
03-27-2015, 09:23 AM
The half-blind battered face of the Democratic Party under Obama.

Yep....the clintons destroyed the democratic party by turning it into a rabid left wing radical liberal party pushing the conservative blue dog dems aside.......

Obama, pelosi, and dingy hairy the reed has destroyed what was left with their agenda, national health care, global warming carbon tax, gay marriage, gun control,big government at big cost ..etc.etc.etc.............

Good Bye and Good Riddance Hairy the reed....

Keith Wilson
03-27-2015, 09:58 AM
the Clintons destroyed the Democratic party by turning it into a rabid left wing radical liberal party pushing the conservative blue dog dems aside.......Oh, yeah!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/automotive/63099d1274305905-beware-hackers-controlling-your-automobile-tinfoil-hat.jpg

Paul Pless
03-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Yep....the clintons destroyed the democratic party by turning it into a rabid left wing radical liberal party pushing the conservative blue dog dems aside.......

Obama, pelosi, and dingy hairy the reed has destroyed what was left with their agenda, national health care, global warming carbon tax, gay marriage, gun control,big government at big cost ..etc.etc.etc.............

Good Bye and Good Riddance Hairy the reed....

I love you Ron! Absolutely hands down one of the most creative and flat out funny bilge rats.

Gerarddm
03-27-2015, 10:12 AM

O ha ha ha hahh hah hah ahah LOL ROTFFL,etc etc etc

Calling Mr. Triangulation Bill Clinton a rabid left winger is deranged. That's why he had that slimeball Dick Morris as an election guru.

You do yourself such damage, Ron. I think of you as the Bilge's own Joe Palooka punching bag like the one I had in the 50s.

genglandoh
03-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Not a surprise.
Harry Reid
1. Got very banged up and broke his ribs back in January.
2. He has been in Washington a long time
3. The Dems have been losing power in the last 8 years.
4. I do not think the Dems will regain the Senate in 2016.
5. Even if the Dems regain the Senate in 2016 he will not be the leader of the Senate.

So he has lots of reasons to retire.

Rich Jones
03-27-2015, 10:54 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nrsc-reid-instantly-irrelevant-and-lame-duck_900406.html Nasty bunch of SOB's. Usually, a kind word is said about someone at their retirement, no matter how much you disagree with them.

RonW
03-27-2015, 10:56 AM
It tickles me and I love seeing responses as above from Keith, Paul and Gerarddm, which is exactly what has caused the downfall of the democratic party and will ensure the future to be delegated to the dust bins of history.

Look back at the clinton administration with a little honesty and you will see exactly what I am talking about...........

Do you remember when bill put hillary in charge of national health care and they were thinking of trying hillary care, that went down in flames only to be revived into obamacare years later. So how many congressman of both houses who voted for obama care are still in office ? A big percentage are gone, as well as control of.

Then we have the constant effort of the clintons on gun control, that also went down in flames.

Meanwhile we have global warming al gore pushing for a carbon tax on the american people, another failure.

And the 90's was the age of political correctness, so be sure to be extra nice to the LGBT community........

Do you really need more to see the hand writing on the wall...........yea the tin foil hat crowd..........ha ha ha ha......

S.V. Airlie
03-27-2015, 01:09 PM
I love you Ron! Absolutely hands down one of the most creative and flat out funny bilge rats.If he was the only one he would be funny but, he isn't hence, it isn't funny.

Chris Smith porter maine
03-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Harry is 76 it's time for him to retire, the ACA is pretty much Romney care, the guy we republicans ran last time around it was also much like our counter proposal to Hilary care in 92-93. If we can not do better than a flip flopping tax dodger like Mitt, or a ticket with a twit Sara Palin on it, and now the fact Ted Cruz is even being considered, the whole thing is becoming embarrassing. I don't think Reagan could win the nomination now, 25 years ago he was a conservative, now he would be too far to the left. The middle of the republican party has been hijacked by our own apathy, our not showing up to vote in the primaries. Does not seem there is much room for the Bill Cohen, Susan Collins, Margaret Chase Smith types that made me a republican.

George Jung
03-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Just a thought, Chris - but 'the republican you were' is now a conservative Democrat. You haven't changed - but 'they've' moved the lines.

Chris Smith porter maine
03-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Your probably right George, but not a big fan of Mrs Clinton either...

George Jung
03-27-2015, 04:56 PM
there are other dems besides Hillary. just a thought.

Phillip Allen
03-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Oh, yeah!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/automotive/63099d1274305905-beware-hackers-controlling-your-automobile-tinfoil-hat.jpg

put up an argument... don't just lay around dreaming up insults when you are too lazy to work on an argument

George Jung
03-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Sorry, Phillip - jousting at windmills is a fools errand.

Phillip Allen
03-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Sorry, Phillip - jousting at windmills is a fools errand.

it pleases me just the same

slug
03-27-2015, 05:16 PM
A long history. he deserves respect and admiration .

RonW
03-27-2015, 05:39 PM
A long history. he deserves respect and admiration .

Why ? That's one opinion, but there also is the opinion that respect is something that a person Earns due to their actions.

Not due to their name, financial position, age, or their governmental job, which is suppose to be serving the people and not their personal financial portfolio.

There are over 350 bills that congress has passed in the last 4 years that are sitting on hairy reed's desk that he did not and will not let see the light of day or a vote to be taken on.

slug
03-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Naw...you are to politicized.

The US breeds good public servants. Reid was a public servant and he did his job well.

You may not agree with him or his policies , but he was a good citizen and an asset to American democracy .

if you would like to see what bad public servants look like , go to Greece.

RonW
03-27-2015, 06:24 PM
if you would like to see what bad public servants look like , go to Greece.

When we start comparing our politicians to Greece politicians and saying, see it could be worse. It is time to get a little more serious about this political problem.

S.V. Airlie
03-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Why ? That's one opinion, but there also is the opinion that respect is something that a person Earns due to their actions.

Not due to their name, financial position, age, or their governmental job, which is suppose to be serving the people and not their personal financial portfolio.

There are over 350 bills that congress has passed in the last 4 years that are sitting on hairy reed's desk that he did not and will not let see the light of day or a vote to be taken on.Earns because of his action! Good laugh; Cruz, Cotton, McNuggets, Bonehead! Yup, RIGHT!

Cuyahoga Chuck
03-28-2015, 12:02 AM

You ain't much for judging talent and drive. Just today a commentator said that without Reid and Pelosi there would be no ACA.

Cuyahoga Chuck
03-28-2015, 12:14 AM

There are over 350 bills that congress has passed in the last 4 years that are sitting on hairy reed's desk that he did not and will not let see the light of day or a vote to be taken on.

Harry REID was a self-made man. He came from a very poor familyj and a very poor town. He put himself thru' college and law school. He is an exemplary American who was instumenal in getting 16 million Americans affordable health insurance, among other things. Reid was noted for being a tough guy. He was a boxer when he was young. Quite naturally he wouldn't let a bunch of Republican sissies bulldoze him into doing anything he didn't think was ethical.

Nicholas Scheuer
03-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Far and away more decent than the leadership on the Repub side. Not a bad record, that.

Paul Pless
03-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Harry REID was a self-made man. He came from a very poor familyj and a very poor town. He put himself thru' college and law school. He is an exemplary American who was instumenal in getting 16 million Americans affordable health insurance, among other things. Reid was noted for being a tough guy. He was a boxer when he was young. Quite naturally he wouldn't let a bunch of Republican sissies bulldoze him into doing anything he didn't think was ethical.

Whoa there buddy, there are no self made men. Keith and Norm have assured me this. . .

John Smith
03-28-2015, 07:59 AM
Why can't we just wish him well?

We can argue forever on the problems the democrats have. They are finally beginning to run ON the ACA. Should have done that from the beginning.

We have a nation with a lot of misinformed voters. We also have the GOP becoming quite expert on pushing the emotional buttons to get people to vote against their own interests. I just posted elsewhere how I remember people forgetting the bread and butter issues they complain about all year and voting to prevent gay marriage or voting to prevent flag burning.

The GOP has done an excellent job at wordsmithing.

The FACTS show we have better economies under Democratic rule than under Republican rule, but the myth that it's the other way around survives. Reagan is still worshiped by many erroneously. They love the myth, but don't realize it's a myth.

Has anyone ever learned what Angle meant by "second amendment solutions"?

Keith Wilson
03-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Whoa there buddy, there are no self made men. Keith and Norm have assured me this. . .Yes, that's true, but some go farther than others under thier own power. Mr. Reid was not one of those born on third believing he'd hit a triple.

If we can not do better than a flip flopping tax dodger like Mitt, or a ticket with a twit Sara Palin on it, and now the fact Ted Cruz is even being considered, the whole thing is becoming embarrassing. I don't think Reagan could win the nomination now, 25 years ago he was a conservative, now he would be too far to the left. The middle of the republican party has been hijacked by our own apathy, our not showing up to vote in the primaries. Does not seem there is much room for the Bill Cohen, Susan Collins, Margaret Chase Smith types that made me a republican.I couldn't agree more. I was never a Republican, but I've voted for a fair number of the more moderate ones. There is no more room for them in Ted Cruz's radicalized Republican party.